1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Honda Dealer Recommendation Twin Cities MN

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Vandergraf, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Vandergraf

Vandergraf --------------------

Oddometer:
    I've never bought new before and am thinking I want to special order a 2019 or 2020 CB500X with no ABS, center stand, etc for riding next season. Any recommendations for dealers in the TC area?

FWIW, I'm in my late 50's, ride mostly to commute but MC vacations are spent riding the Midwestern states looking for solitude and the perfect lonely gravel road. I own a 2013 DL650 and a 2003 KLR650 and like them both a bunch, but the new CB650X looks like the perfect marriage of the two. Maybe I'm wrong?

Would like to hear dealer recommendations and 2019 CB500X opinions please...
  2. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I would talk to the people at Moon Motors in Monticello or Larson's Cycle in Cambridge. I have bought plenty from both and sent friends to both. If you go to Moon, go on a Saturday, post up in the meet and greet thread and we can have lunch at the Mexican joint. Always a good time. The last time I went through Cambridge, there was a taco truck near the tracks. While it is not the ideal meat and greet spot, if it is still there and you go on a Saturday, it would be a fun place to meet.
  3. Treesmacker-MN

Treesmacker-MN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 for Larson's also
    Vandergraf, 9Realms and barnyard like this.
  4. Vandergraf

Oddometer:
    Thanks Barnyard and Treesmacker. I was hoping for suggestions closer to my home in St Louis Park, but Cambridge is do-able. I'll look into it...
  5. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Knowledge is horsepower...

Oddometer:
    Looking for low prices? Larson's.

Osseo power sports is closer and by where I work but never bought there.
    Vandergraf likes this.
  6. cra_fizzer

cra_fizzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've heard nothing but good things about Larson's.
  7. Vandergraf

Oddometer:
    Thanks all! After more consideration, I'm gonna give Kawasaki one more season to announce a KLR650 replacement before I pull the trigger on a new bike.
    Hoping they'll use the motor from the Z400 and release a <400Lb >40HP dual sport with Gen 1 KLR ergos etc.
    If no joy, then I'll be ordering a Honda CB500X...
  8. 2WheelNeal

2WheelNeal F'n Neal Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya'll will think this is BS, but I bought my WR at MotoPrimo in Lakeville. They BEAT Larson's price and I didn't have to drive to Cambridge, although I was fully prepared to do so.
    I'm not ripping on Larson's, but merely pointing out that MP might be worth a look. They've never been known for deals, so I was surprised and impressed. :beer
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  9. Grantwallace

Grantwallace The MFWIC Supporter

Oddometer:
    Larson or Moon...
    I bought a new bike from Moon this year but would have bought it from Larson too. Both places were very informative and ZERO pressure. Moon had it in stock and I had money burning a hole in my pocket....