Honda Forza 300

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jan 5, 2013.

1. sro99

sro99 one odd owl

Oddometer:
    My Forza seems to be getting better and smoother with age and milage. Or I'm finally getting used to it after 3 years of ownership. :D

I'm at almost 13,000kms and have done 3 oil changes and filters, a final drive oil change and a set of City Grips front and rear and that's it. Never been to a shop, I took the wheels in for tire swaps and balance for $30/wheel.

Average lifetime fuel economy is 3.5 L/100km. (67mpg US) with mixed city, highway and back country roads. This could be better but I ride like I'm in a hurry.

I think about getting something different. Bigger, smaller, newer, older but then I go for a ride and think why? Forza is perfect!

Some things I've added over the years... Givi AirFlow, Oxford heated grips, Atlas throttle lock, Air Hawk seat pad and 17g Dr Pulley sliders.

tmp-cam--1254319334.jpg

tmp-cam--380772414.jpg
    Shin1ichi2002, 87112 and Clampett like this.
  2. GerrNP

GerrNP Mr. President we must not allow a mine shaft gap

Oddometer:
    Think I just sold my Forza, a Dad and collage gal. Low mileage but I want something with a few more hp to run on the interstate. Probably going to have to go without till next spring dealers stock is getting slim this time of year, one of the bikes looking at NC750, won’t be in all reality available till next year. Other than needing more power I liked every thing else about it except that damn rear shock.
  3. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short guy

Oddometer:
    83750 km on mine. I wanted more power today but the one and only speeding ticket I have in 42 years of driving/riding was on my Forza 300.

I know I have wrist control problems. The 300 is enough. It makes the rides last longer for more fun. Patience my child, Yoda!!!!!!!!!
  4. GerrNP

Oddometer:
    Well father and daughter showed up, she on the back of his Harley soft tail, they road the scooter and thought it would be a good fit for her riding to school and cruising around the black hills. Like slow(45-50)is a nice speed to take in the sites, feel the air, unfortunately where I am at in order to get some of those interesting small towns and quiet roads I have to drive like a bat out of hell on interstate to get to those places. Think I need something with more than one cylinder where traffic moves close to 80mph,unfortunately....
  5. GerrNP

Oddometer:
    Anyhow they both arrived on one bike and left on two bikes. Father in the lead on the black soft tail, daughter following on the red Forza. Nice sight to see, have known the father for a few years, but still bitter sweet parting with the Forza.
  6. theloop

theloop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alright, what do you Forza owners think of this deal from a dealer. He has six new 2015 ABS models listed on his web site for $2,690 each, and he gave me a price over the phone for a out the door price of $3,625. This includes everything except plate (which I will get a 45 day temp) Tax, title, set up fee, destination, and doc is all included. I know almost a $1,000 in fees is high, but the price is very low. Tell me what you think.
  7. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is it time for you to post on the "Bikes I regretted selling" thread? :D Keep your fingers crossed the new Forza with the SH300 engine looks amazing and one day may show up here/
    GerrNP likes this.
  8. GerrNP

Oddometer:
    The loop, that would be one heck of a bargain, new the abs version listed for around seven grand. Make sure all the recalls were done. There were two fuel pump recalls and something else, don’t recall what it was. Dealers ain’t supossed to sell em without doing em.
  9. sro99

sro99 one odd owl

Oddometer:
    theloop... Offer him $3,200 and see what he says. :D How much is a gently used one in your area?

I think there are 3 possible recalls for some Forza's. Fuel pump, rear brake line at the caliper, and starter relay switch.
  10. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Thats a deal since I since I paid 3 grand for my used one and have only seen a couple for sale . He is losing money at that price since on a forza he was only going to make 400 bucks or so originally . After about 1 year it start to cost dealerships money since they are no longer getting any from honda etc . Go for it .

On a side note my gas mileage is going up and I ve not changed one thing or the way I drive. 26.8 KPL but it's more like 29 KPL once I do the math. It used to be a kpl leass. Anyone else notice this ? My forza now at 25 000 K .
  11. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Buy it! Great price.
  12. 87112

87112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am almost embarrassed to say how much I got my used 15 Forza for compared to the deal above at 3625 OTD for a new ABS Forza.

I would have bought it one the spot without a 2nd thought.
  13. theloop

theloop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Google j and j motors inc. They are in Ohio. Once on there web site go to current inventory, then click on oldest to newest and they should be on the first page, six of them with different stock numbers, all listed for $2,690
    conchscooter likes this.
  14. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    they ve got some sweet deals to on honda ntx 700 n for 3600 . All new and dam thats even cheaper then what I could find them used most day in bc canada since there wasn't that many sold . 6500 bucks canadain out the door and imported into canada . About 2 grand less then a new 750 ctx
  15. CactusWren

CactusWren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How easy is it to get to the battery on a late-model Forza 300? If I purchase one I want to attach a battery tender pigtail, unless the battery is easily available under some panel, seat, etc..
  16. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short guy

Oddometer:
    2014 Forza Battery is under the front of the seat. I have a pigtail on. Take the seat off to do it easy or stick your head in there. Remove the plastic cover over the battery, 3 or 4 screws.
  17. CactusWren

Oddometer:
    Thanks. :thumb
  18. CactusWren

Oddometer:
    How easy is an oil/filter change on the Forza 300? Can I do it without a service manual? I'm pretty good mechanically and have lots of tools, metric and SAE.

NEVER MIND. I just saw this video on YouTube -- looks real easy.

19. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    Interesting facts . 1928 Indian 4 makes 18.5hp, and 1926 brough superior SS100 had 57.5 ft-lbs of torque and made 30hp.
    A the honda helix makes the same horse as an Indian and honda forza has just as much horse power as a 26 brough superior .
  20. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    the front disk for the honda Forza is also found on the following bikes . Itd good info to have .
    For Honda models as following (Front )https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Brake...AUER-HT-VF500F-VFR750-F-CBR1000F/112477440953
    FORZA 125 ABS 15-16
    FORZA 300 ABS 14-16
    FORZA ABS
    SH300i 07-09
    NSR400 85-88
    400 SILVER WING 06-08
    VFR400 R 1986
    VF500F 84-87
    600 SILVER WING 01-06

For Honda models as following(Rear)
    SH300 i 07-15
    SH300i ABS 07-17