Honda Forza 300

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jan 5, 2013.

1. LoloPD

LoloPD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For the life of me I can't understand Honda's sales policy in Philippines. I've been waiting since end of November for my XMAX, and yesterday was told that the dealer can't get a supply of my chosen colour (matte grey) and only 1 available in Bronze.....and they can't get a next delivery schedule for XMAX, because they are selling so many! Likewise Kymco can't meet their demands for the Xciting400, or the 300cc scoot.
    Meanwhile over at Honda they aren't even importing the Forza into the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Which MANIAC is in charge of their sales strategy? Why is he still employed?? They must be losing 100s of Thousands of $ in potential sales.
    I emailed them. Their response......'No plans to introduce to your region!'
    Sales SUICIDE!.
  2. Blue&Yellow

Blue&Yellow but orange inside...

Oddometer:
    @LoloPD

Let me take a wild stab at it, it's a new model so they're ramping up production and can't meet world wide demand right away. So they'll focus on the the most prestigious scooter market which they have to impress if they want to compete with the x-max, and that is the EU market with countries such as France, Italy, Spain etc. In these countries live a lot of the journos and riders who will set the tone for what is considered good and bad world wide. If your launch fails in these countries you might as well back it up and go home as far as the luxury scooter market is concerned. Other countries will follow later as production increases, just a wild guess from my part.

On another note I personally think the bronze one looks better than the matte grey one ;)
  3. 87112

87112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Yep and Top that getting parts in canada cost MEG cash ! WTF does a drive belt cost 250.00 plus tax 13 % ? I bought the oem belt off ebay for 82 bucks Canadian . it's the same drive belt as the sh300 so it's not like its a not a common part. Honda really screw up at least in Canada . Seem like they are run by committee , focus groups and not by vision .
  5. aguim

aguim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here in Northern Quebec/Ontario, one can count very few 300cc + scooters around. Even summertime weather is generally too cold in the morning, too windy all day long, then here comes the rain making it all miserable. Plus, like everywhere else in 'prosperous' North America , city streets are more and more becoming pothole battlefields. No fun riding a scooter here, really.

They don't sell, no brainer.

I came home all wet and congealed from a 2000 km ride last october, and traded the trusty Forza
    for a car.

Not to betray the Cause, though : I've just bought a new Zuma : slow enough to navigate the
    holes and bumps at 150 mpg(can) , wow. With 22-23 psi in the 'biggish' tires, should be nice to
    the arse...

The thing is all a-parts right now, just to have a look at it and, yes old craps, fitting the 400$/ 2 way alarm from the Honda.

So went looking for Zuma forums, but could'nt find much else than youngsters blowing up their
    BBKed engines after 10 miles, hahaha. Actually, does anybody here knows of a working, reliable 70-75cc bore kit for those (no stewpid noisy pipe allowed)?
  6. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    I had a Yamaha BWS 49CC. I traded up to a 150cc Geely which was only marginally faster than the 2 stroke 49.

My suggestion is put the Zuma back together and RIDE it.

Yeah, 49 to 70 to 150 to 300 and then you are back to a Forza.

Or you could take the Zuma apart on odd days and put it back together on even days.

-11C today and too cold to ride the Forza. Butter Chicken and back to bed. Work sucks! Hurry up spring.
  7. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    If find that out quebec and east there seem to be far more scooters / motorcycle deals then here in bc . The belt I bought for my forza arrived in under 2 week from tieland . I ll buy stock rollers to go with my oem belt when I change it. I m around 29 000 K I think. It's snow in Vancouver bc for the first time this year . The snow so bad we ve got 3 cm outside , LOL . Today would have been the first day you couldn't have ridden a scooter around .
  8. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    Anyone go to 150/70 13 tires since finding 140 /70 13 is hard . I m running a city grip on the front . The rear needs replacement in under 3 or 4 week since it down to 30% or less. what happens if you go to 130/70 13 ?
  9. davenowherejones

Oddometer:
    I have run several different 150/70-13 tires on my 2014. I have noticed no real problems.

I like the CityGrip for the road and it is good for the gravel.

I tried the Michelin Power Pure on the road but it was terrible on gravel or mud.

I put the Heidenau K66 tire on the scooter to go to Dawson City in the Yukon. It was a good tire on gravel and the road, great in the rain. It is slightly better than the CityGrip on the gravel. If you ignore the wear bars it last quite a long time.
  10. sro99

sro99 one odd owl

Oddometer:
  11. 87112

87112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Foza's rear Diablo is toast. It lasted about 6,500 miles and in the stock rear 140 70 13 its slim pickings. I decided to not go up to the 150 size and ordered the Pirelli Angel tire in 140 70 13.
    I have gone up in tire size before on cars and motorcycles and never found it to be an upgrade from the OEM sizes in handling.

YMMV
  12. davenowherejones

Oddometer:
    FortNine has supplied my last few tires. Not many choices in Canada.

I am at 11,000 km (6800 miles) on the tire I went to the Yukon with.

It was abused on the gravel and probably can do another 1000 km.
  13. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    I ll more then likely go with city grip since it on the front and it's the same price as the right size tire made by other company. Rather have a matching set
    davenowherejones likes this.
  14. davenowherejones

Oddometer:
    Who passed me going into Princeton yesterday?

Red Forza?

How many Forza in Canada?
  15. aguim

aguim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did 45Kkm throughout Eastern Canada with mine, never saw another one.

Think seeing one PASSING me probably would have killed me with apoplexy .

Story says they allowed one-per-province, yet still have some unsold...bouah...
    Seems everytime Honda comes with something real tough, nobody cares.
    Chillis likes this.
  16. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    If you go by the numbers of scooter sold in bc every year is under 1000 for every brand. I say you v e got somewhere between 50 to 250 In all of BC. Out east is the next big markets . I do know that when it came to the honda sh150 there might be just 40 to 50 here in BC . I ve only seen them for sale 5 times in 7 years or so. When I went looking for a forza I could only find 1 for sale at the time. Today I found 2 . At the honda langley dealer today I saw 0 honda scooters for sale there. The only thing was bws or zuma as you guys call them for sale .
  17. davenowherejones

Oddometer:
    I did a 340 km round trip to Lillooet from Hope, BC, Canada.

I had an egg wrap and a Rockstar drink with a pepperoni and a coffee.

It is a good job I treat my Forza 300 better than I treat my stomach.

The roads were empty.
    Chillis likes this.
  18. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am at 500 kms with mine. I kinda have a buyers remorse for not going with a Kymco AK550 for the extra power.
  19. davenowherejones

Oddometer:
    It gets a little better as it breaks in, at 121,000 km I am well past the break in, now it is just breaking.

There is always something faster, the Forza is fast enough for me.

I frequently pull over to let faster people go past.

I am at a more relaxed state of mind now in my old age.
    kpinvt, Chillis and CaptnJim like this.
  20. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    whats breaking down now?