Honda Forza 300

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jan 5, 2013.

1. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short guy

Oddometer:
    Clutch bearing and just the usual stuff. Something is always needing replacing.

Tires wear out quickly, air filters clog, things always rattle & buzz, belts need replacing, brakes need replacing.

Nothing is long lasting on a Forza.
  2. aguim

aguim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    a) clutch bearings need a tiny bit of grease once in a while, otherwise they self-destroy.
    b) tires,belt (not belts) air filter (not air filters) are as good on the Forza as on ANY other comparable machine on the market. Why complain ?
    c) rattles? Fix them (I fixed mine no sweath )

Ok, brake pads don't last-- so what (soft pads give good grip and control, at a cost)

I did 50,000 km with mine and had zero issue (but 3 sets of cheap brake pads). Engine needed
    only one slight (unnecessary) valve adjustment, and never took oil. The air filter was cleaned, not changed. Belt still looked as new at 30 Kkm, was only changed as a precaution. And oh, I lubed
    those infamous clutch bearings (not bearing), once in a while.

All in all, a truly great scooter. Shit, in 4 years/50,000 km, NOTHING broke !!!
  3. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Forza 300 most definitely has two air filters.
    No mention in the service schedule of any requirement to lubricate clutch bearings.
    Which is why they fail.
    Mine had its own reserved spot in the dealer's workshop it was in there so often.
  4. aguim

aguim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was talking engine only. The clutch housing one is easily cleanable and normally doesn't need any
    replacing.

Anybody with minimal knowledge of scooters knows that their dry-clutch bearings need a little grease once in a while.

So what were your real issues ?
  5. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1: You were commenting on the claim that "filters" get clogged. You said there's only one filter. You were wrong. You say you were talking engine only. Aye right.
    Fact is there's more than one filter and they can both get clogged.

2: Honda have more than minimal knowledge of scooters, from the many reports I've seen from owners, (and from the two scooters I've had with failed bearings) they don't lubricate these bearings at manufacture and they don't list it in the service schedule for the guidance of techs who one would presume have the ability to slap a wee bit of grease about if so instructed.
    I would suggest that a great many customers buying Honda scooters have approximately zero knowledge of scooter maintenance.
    Just because you and I and other regulars on interweb forums of a scootering flavour may know to do it doesn't make it common knowledge.

3: Confident my real issues are irrelevant to you, I'm fairly certain no matter what I post you will tell me I'm wrong, call it deja vu.
  6. aguim

aguim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm as aware as you are of the clutch bearing issue, and have repeatedly mentioned it in past posts.
    I have no clue as to why factories (not only Honda but most of them to my knowledge) don't include
    their periodic lubrication in their owner's manuals' maintenance schedules.

I agree with you that Honda is at fault here.

As to the number of engine (not transmission) air filters, I found Jones was as usual multiplying his miseries, so thought good to lighten the burden (want 2 air filters to worry about, ala Majesty ! )

Sorry you didn't get my point.

I also agree that most buyers don't give a sh.t about mechanicals, so are forced to pay the bills.
    On this account, is there one single scooter that makes it ?