1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Honda Monkey 125 ABS - 2018

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Seeside, Oct 27, 2017.

1. BigCanoe

BigCanoe Vespa Man

Oddometer:
    Installed my RAM mount and my phone GPS...now I can verify my godly 50mph speed!
  2. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Talked to my dealer finance person today. When I purchased the Super Cub 125 something did not print correctly so they need me to stop by to resign some contracts. I asked her if Honda would allow 2 bikes to be financed at the same time as i was thinking of getting a Monkey? I was originally going to throw 10% a month on the Super Cub 125 getting it halfway paid off by August and then get a Monkey then but availability is making that a roulette move. She said its up to Honda but said back in 2015 I was financing 3 bikes with them and paid off in short order. I qualified for the absolute lowest rate they don't even normally publish. Despite being a bit more income challenged then before she did not see why Honda would not do it. Its not like I am trying to buy 2 $15,000 motorcycles.

Anyways my point being I may do it a bit sooner then August. I have a 1st year Grom plus the 1st year Super Cub 125 and want a 1st year Monkey. I will talk to my sales guy even though they are obviously biased but usually they are pretty honest with me. He will check what is coming in and see where he thinks he will be inventory wise in August? Monkeys are starting showing up with more frequency now. He currently as of last week had 3 red Monkey's one of those with ABS and is expecting a yellow Monkey any time now. Yellow unit is already spoken for but I thought he said a few more were on the way!
  3. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    In my neck of the woods, it seems that the red one is more popular. Go figure.

If you can buy one, do it!
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  4. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Around here all my dealer ever got was red and everyone apparently wants yellow. I believe they sold 2 red units and since then received 3 more. A lot of interest but everyone barks at the price and end up buying a Grom which currently is a better deal. By the time its all said and done its almost $1,000 less so unless you want the retro look of the Monkey the Grom will save you some coin.

Funny I remember when the Grom's came out. The first year you had red and black. At one time the dealer had a bunch of black units so everyone wanted red and the black ones sit. Red comes in and sells really well and then they did not get any black ones for a while. Then they started getting black and red ones and nobody cared about the red and bought the black ones. It seems people want what the dealer can't get!

I will be stopping by tomorrow evening to resign the doc's and talk to my sales guy about it. I am still a bit up in the air on color? Being a traditionalist its gotta be red. However it sure looks sharp in yellow. Still would like to wait until August if I could so maybe whatever is available then is what i will do?
  5. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I rode to work today. It was a blast!

First, I had to get breakfast. I have this French bakery about 3-4 minutes away from me in downtown that opens at 7 am. Their breads and chocolate croissants are amazing.

[​IMG]
  6. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I decided to would fill up I didn't quite need it but my gas mileage has been all over the place. The first time I gassed up, my mileage was 100 mpg. I rode the Monkey really, reall hard after this and I saw 85 mpg. I finished the ride home from San Antonio and only gassed up this morning. Well, I got 82 mpg :lol3. I'm hoping it gets better from here.

[​IMG]
    SmittyBlackstone and YJake like this.
  7. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Ok, that's bragging but my Monkey helmet looks pretty sweet

[​IMG]
  8. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    That helmet is awesome!

There's one on eBay for the absolute bargain of $1085.85
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    You're joking! Really?

Edit: I just checked eBay and they have 2 Monkey helmets selling for $900. Damn!
  10. Canyon Rider

Canyon Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please try to make a copy of the Monkey sticker on the helmet!
  11. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought, man just need a cool Monkey graphic to stick on the side of the HJC retro jobbie helmet I bought to wear when it's warmer.
    Canyon Rider likes this.
  12. Dav101

Dav101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2002097.png evil-monkey-nicklas-gustafsson.jpg evil-monkeys-300x300.png 961fd98168eea5642146a5dfef4f9fff.jpg
  13. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    It’s not a sticker
  14. TurTal

TurTal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody can digitize the Monkey pic and then you can manipulate it from there

Shirt transfers...Stickers...Patches...etc.

s-l400.jpg

For example...use your smartphone to take a pic of the Helmet above and then upload it to your computer or the cloud

Canyon Rider likes this.
  15. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    After going over my budget it really did not much matter if I bought now or wait until August. I doubt its going to be a problem waiting in regards to availability but just in case I put a deposit down today. Once my Super Cub 125 funds the dealer I will sign over the Monkey 125. Tentatively next Friday!

I decided to go the Honda Purist route and went red non ABS model. They have one other Red one with ABS but some ass hat sat on it then dropped it and dented the tank. So its awaiting a new tank and my dealer decided to put it on display outside so the sun could bleach it and its already looking a little furry from the high humidity. So I took the virgin unit upstairs!

Its going to be a lot of fun riding it around!

Attached Files:

16. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats @longhaul747

How do you find time to ride all these bikes???
    Chillis likes this.
  17. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Monkey and Super Cub, I'd love to have and put them on pedestals in the house.
    SmittyBlackstone and cabanza like this.
  18. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't!

I ride 20,000 miles a year but each bike ends up sitting a lot more then it should. Downsizing coming soon (for 5 years running)!
  19. BigCanoe

BigCanoe Vespa Man

Oddometer:
    Did another 30 miles today. I was down to 2 bars on gas so decided to fill up. .67 gallons, 83 mpg on the first tank. It was a little chilly but a fun sunny ride today!
  20. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fuel economy should improve once broken in. First few tanks on my Grom were not the greatest but after that I have gotten as high as 115 MPG on it. Interestingly my average has dropped into the low 100's likely because I am riding it a bit harder.