Honda Montesa 4Ride 260

Discussion in 'Trials' started by braunj, Feb 8, 2018.

1. braunj

braunj MondayMotoMadness

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the Honda Montesa 4Ride 260 is coming to the US? I don't see it on the Honda Powersports website.

Any idea who to contact? What about price and availability?
  2. MT 007

MT 007 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    If only... :muutt
    LowPSI likes this.
  4. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

5. SportSawyer

SportSawyer 4RT Herder

Oddometer:
    That's the 4RIDE I'd want. A competition 3ED version without all the lights, horn, catalytic converter, O2 sensor, kickstand switch, intake / exhaust restriction, and so on. With the 2-stage TB/ECU from the 4RT260.

Seems like it may be easier to get into the USA if it's an offroad competition model rather than a 50-state street legal bike. And if we see more use like this in the EU, and there's demand for a competition version, maybe Montesa will start making a 3ED.
    Norman Foley, jonnyc21 and LowPSI like this.
  6. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bring Amos over to ride some Nationals!
    Brewtus, DyrWolf and LowPSI like this.
  7. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maria Giro (4Ride) winner of the Womens class toughing it out through the last 100 meters.

Attached Files:

Brewtus, DyrWolf, NMTrailboss and 3 others like this.
  8. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    84093294-9247-48C9-95EE-2E171AD0D009.jpeg For me it’s all about the street legal part. Living in the city I have hundreds of places to practice if I could get in and out quickly. No truck no changing clothes just ten minutes here ten minutes there. Think indusTRIAlS. A few pics of the edge of a parking area near my house 8155FB6B-F238-4062-A2C2-DFF853C640E6.jpeg
    I have been struggling for weeks on Whether or not no buy a new bike that I will rarely use. Time and money are two things I need to make the most of. If this bike was available I would buy it today
    Norman Foley likes this.
  9. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Something tells me they will frown on you riding there.
  10. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    I’m old and senile I get lost sometimes
    SnoDrtRider likes this.
  11. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like here....
    slicktop and DyrWolf like this.
  12. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    I was just looking for my moped gang
    laser17 likes this.
  13. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put those two riders in the video on electric bikes and most people wouldn’t even bat an eye...riding a two stroke in a park generally gets people a little excited.
    North ride likes this.
  14. slicktop

slicktop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of Pensacola in the 80s.
  15. MT 007

MT 007 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have my X-ride street plated but don't tend to ride it anywhere I wouldn't ride my trials bike (besides on the street)... It is great for trail riding but if I want to do more trials oriented stuff I toss the trials bike on the bike carrier on the back of the SUV and get to the riding spot that way. If they sold the 4ride in NA I would consider it for the convenience of 4stroke and I think it may be a bit better geared than the Xride for road riding.
    Fallacy likes this.
  16. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What engine is in your Xride?
  17. MT 007

MT 007 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sherco 290 2T with the dellerto carb

practice area(1) 04 13 2014.jpg .
    Dao1 likes this.
  18. ADV57

ADV57 n00b

Oddometer:
    I would LOVE to have a street legal 4Ride as well! I think we need to let Honda know we want the 4Ride in the states. Possibly the best way for a consumer to let the American Honda know we want a STREET LEGAL 4Ride in the states is through social media. I've done some research and found the email addresses for the President and General Manager of Montesa in Spain. The president forwarded my emails to the General manager and I had a couple emails back and forth. He said they currently don't have plans to export the 4Ride to the US and that it currently isn't certified to meet our DOT/EPA regulations.

If we as consumers, don't let Honda know we would like to buy it, then we'll probably never have the chance. If Honda/Montesa can see an interest in the bike, then maybe they will import it. They already make it, so why can't we buy it? They already import two Montesa models, why not this one? I found a post on Montesa of Mexico FB page and it looks like the bike is available in Mexico, but It needs paperwork from Montesa in Spain stating it meets the US EPA regulations for us to import it to the US. I've tried to find a way to import one, but it looks like Honda/Montesa will have to import it and/or get it certified for our DOT/EPA regulations so a private party could import the bike if Honda doesn't.

So, with that. Please hammer these twitter handles to let them know you want the STREET LEGAL Honda/Montesa 4Ride in the states. Please state "Street Legal" as I'm afraid they would import as off-road only and California riders can no longer convert bikes to street legal.
    @BodermanChuck
    Personal twitter account for Chuck Boderman, VP Powersports Division at American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
    @HondaPowersprts[​IMG]
    News & updates on our motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, MUVs, and more
    @AmericanHonda[​IMG]
    Corporate news and information from American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
    @HondaCustSvc[​IMG]
    Honda Auto Customer Service. Here to help with any questions or concerns
    @HondaProKevin
    Brand Advocate
    @HondaProJason
    Brand Advocate

Montesa of Spain, Factory General manager email address.
    Xavier Rafecas
    Xavier.Rafecas@honda-eu.com
    He is fluent in English, so no need to translate emails to Spanish as I did at first.

If you feel the need, you can find two phone numbers to the Montesa Factory in Spain via a Google search. Call them if you speak Spanish. Before I found the emails, I called, but couldn't find anyone to speak English.

Good Luck boys. I need one of these in my garage!!
  19. Fallacy

Fallacy Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The USA has only imported/sold 20 Sherco X Rides, that class of bike will never justify spending the money to get them certified.
    I currently hold 5% of the US X Ride shares, mine is street legal too....somehow.:super
    jonnyc21 and Norman Foley like this.
  20. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I would be extremely happy if they would bring them in as a trail bike and you could buy the light kit. At least then a few states that will allow you to do so could have bikes plated. And heck they are great trail bikes for states that won't.
    Fallacy likes this.