Honda NC750X owners thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Cruz, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Without any 2 year build up, fan fare, or dribble out of information, Honda today released their new for Australia X model in the 750cc class. (yes, Honda do class it in their adventure tourer section but I am hoping to negate that discussion by the all road tourer tag.). And it is nearly 800cc ( cough)

DOWNLOAD MORE INFORMATIONDownload Adobe Reader
    INTRODUCING THE NC750X
    [​IMG]
    STYLING
    The 2016 evolution of the NC750X updates the styling, giving the bike a more adventure-oriented edge while improving comfort for rider and pillion.

The NC750X offers a 22-litre utility compartment this year—that’s big enough to hold most full-face helmets and then some. Safe, secure and convenient, you'll use it every time you ride.

[​IMG]
    ENGINE
    The design of the NC750X’s liquid-cooled, SOHC 8-valve parallel twin-cylinder engine ensures punchy performance in the low-to-mid range. Its relatively long-stroke architecture and specially shaped combustion chambers combine with the high-inertial mass crankshaft to produce large amounts of effortless torque from very low rpm

PGM-FI always injects the exact fuel/air ratio required for a complete and clean burn at all rpm in any riding situation. Electronic Fuel Injection means easy start-ups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations

A new lightweight pentagon-shaped muffler is smaller than the previous design and uses two chambers joined by a hole-punched link pipe, which works with a final resonator chamber to create a deeper, more distinctive sound and exhaust pulse

[​IMG]
    SUSPENSION & CHASSIS
    The riding position is upright and neutral, with a higher viewpoint for enhanced hazard perception. Another advantage of this adventure-style riding position is great low-speed control – combined with the low centre of gravity and generous steering lock the result is exceptional low-speed handling and balance

The NC750X’s rugged steel diamond frame delivers the high levels of rigidity required for agile, responsive handling in a variety of conditions. It’s also ideal where space is at a premium, since it takes up very little volume but offers superb riding dynamics

41mm telescopic forks with 153.5 mm of travel the NC700X strikes a perfect balance between a long-distance and a short-hop street machine. This gives it a wide range of capability, good handling and helps inspire confidence.

[​IMG]
    ADDITIONAL FEATURES
    Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge and two trip meters. Plus, for 2016, the tach bar graph changes colour according to fuel consumption and RPM. (Game changer ;))

The NC750X is available in Australia in Glint Wave Blue Metallic and Candy Arcadian Red . Please note images show overseas models, colours and options may vary.
    RussellM likes this.
  2. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    V__E20D.jpg V__70A7.jpg V__5B13.jpg V__D66B.jpg
    RussellM likes this.
  3. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Another two thumbs up for Honda. :thumbup:thumbup
  4. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
    POOP!!!:baldy

Dammit, that's exactly what I was chasing 8 months ago but they rekn, nup, not coming, so I got the CTX instead.
    It's only got 8500km on it, I wonder if I could take it back?
    :augie
  5. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    you getting a new bike then cruz
  6. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    If this isnt a wind up & that is the $ they should sell a truckload of them
  7. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    one thumb from me. 219kg kerb with only 14l fuel.
  8. MODNROD

Oddometer:
    14 (well, 12L easily anyway) x 27.5km/L average (but I only sit on 115-ish) = uhhmmm, aahhh, oh, poop again.
  9. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    That is the price and that 14 odd litres will take you a very long way.

Honda have gone away from the Pirelli Scorpions of their other X bikes and fitted the new Battleax tyres to the 750X.

And Rally Raid are working on a Tractive suspension kit for it much along the same lines as the 500 X Stage 1 kit which will Put a cartridge into the forks and a Tractive shock on the rear. A bit like this. WP_20160225_16_38_47_Pro.jpg
  10. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    27.5? wow. thats scooter territory. never owned anything that'd do anywhere near that.
  11. ToriMish

ToriMish Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's awesome having an economical bike. I have a 650GS and can easily get 400km from a 14 litre tank on highway riding. If I am riding hard and fanging it in the dirt etc, I have seen as low as 300km. Still, not bad from such a small fuel cell.
    Cruz likes this.
  12. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Same here, doesn't matter how I ride the 500 it always gets over 400 klm from the 17 litres.
  13. MODNROD

Oddometer:
    I ride 272km to the nearest 24hr servo, and without fail I throw in just over 9L.

Beats the shit outta "lively" highway running on the old Vmax for 100km, then throwing in 12L.
    Ahem.
  14. RussellM

RussellM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No DCT?

I wonder of you could make a 20l drop in fuel cell kit....
  15. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    you guys teach me something everyday:D i knew beemers were lean, but the hondas (admittedly racers) i've had were all much thirstier.

so, 14 times 27.5 equals 385km. fair enough i guess.
  16. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Not over here by the Honda website and the sales rep. Overseas it is available with DCT.

34 litres fuel would give you around 900 klms.
    RussellM likes this.
  17. RussellM

RussellM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Updated model. First went to 750 capacity and then the 2016 750 new model revamp.
  19. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite Supporter

Oddometer:

A good price for a good bike. But for your $10990 plus the cost of the Rally Raid kit you'd have to be getting near CRF1000L price.
  20. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Getting close, especially if you wanted the 17/17 spoked wheels as well, but two quite different bikes for two different niches. Will only come with upgraded suspension with the same amount of travel as oem.