Honda NC750X owners thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Cruz, Apr 15, 2016.

1. farqhuar

farqhuar Human guinea pig

Oddometer:
    Yes, if you compare the Burgman 650 - which has been around for over 14 years - it looks very similar. People wonder why I enjoy the Burgman so much as both a tight twisty carver (weight down low means flickability and corner transition is easier than just about any bike above 400cc) and an adventure bike (yep, I can't ride it fast on corrugations because of the crappy small wheels and limited suspension, but boy is it easy to keep moving forward with all that weight down low in even the worst conditions, because I can paddle it with both feet, left hand rear brake and let the CVT tranny sort out getting the power to the ground).

Somehow, I feel there will be a place in my bike stable for the City Adventure in the near future. :)
    Discombobulated likes this.
  2. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    kclass and BygDaddee like this.
  3. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Some nice bash plate pics and rear rack.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    59DEN and twotyred like this.
  4. Blakduk

Blakduk Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    That must be the 700? I thought the 2016 NC750X only came to Oz in Blue or Red. I think we need to see a photo with giant knobbies on it.
  5. gavmac

gavmac Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    An overseas bike Duc. Looks good in the black.

Here is a TKC80 on the front.
    image.jpeg

image.png
    stugall likes this.
  7. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
    What are the aeros like sitting behind that telephone booth bit of plastic? :lol3

My CTX is much better than it has any right to be on basic gravel, even with just stocker Bridgestone roadies. I hummed and hahh'd between the CTX and the Integra scoot, all the while wishing the "X" model came here.
    The CTX aeros for me at least, are j-u-s-t not quite there.
  8. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    How much landed over here Gav?
  9. gavmac

gavmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bruce, it was $225 AU, back in April 2014. $150 US for rack & $60 US postage, it was a special on the NC700 forum, I think he wanted to move it on as it didn't have the fuel cap cutout.
    Cruz likes this.
  10. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_20160727_175347.jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_20160727_175410.jpg
    sidetrack one likes this.
  11. rmarmbruster

rmarmbruster Roba

Oddometer:
    Ron,
    Have you fitted the Korr lights yet? Had a look at the the XDD220 in Autobarn, it would be no good on the R1200GS because the beak is to low. Please post some picture of the Korr lights when fitted.

Cheers

Rob A.
  12. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    He left today riding to the Snowies on his new NCX. Everything was all fitted up.
  13. grrant1058

grrant1058 Motorcyclist 24/7

Oddometer:
    Greetings from the Snowies. 4 days and 2,600 km's so far on this ride with showers / rain each day topped off with a good dump of snow around Siberia near Thredbo and a couple of snow flurries around Mt Hotham. NC is running superbly with fuel economy I didn't think possible on a motorcycle. Yesterday did 85 km's with the fuel light on and still had over a litre in the tank. Over 400 km's from 13L!! The power delivery is perfect for riding the twisties in wet conditions. Ditto the dirt. Yes have my Korr LEDs on and they are workong a treat. To boot the bike is ergonomically really comfortable with 850 km's on Sunday no chore at all. At Omeo now and about to head back to Thredbo shortly. Will post some pics a little later. Cheers, Ron
    kclass, 59DEN, stumps and 4 others like this.
  14. grrant1058

Oddometer:
    20160824_161036.jpg The Cascades just out of Thredbo this afternoon.
    kclass, 59DEN, twotyred and 2 others like this.
  15. grrant1058

Oddometer:
    Omeo Highway this morning heading north toward Mitta Mitta. Cold AND slippery on the southern side! The northern side of the range was a hoot. Sun was shining, road was dry - that has to be one of the best motorcycling roads in Australia! With a low centre gravity, torquey engine, good brakes and upgraded suspension, this thing can fairly hustle thru the twisties. 20160824_090214_001.jpg

Attached Files:

kclass, 59DEN, gavmac and 5 others like this.
  16. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Are your skis in the boot
  17. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bike, I wouldn't be hustling anywhere with that shit all over the road.
    Good pics.
    Happy Snapper likes this.
  18. grrant1058

Oddometer:
    "Are your skis in the boot.........."

Nah, use my thongs as snowboards!! :-)

Went for a spin down to Lakes Entrance for lunch on Monday. The Delegate / Bonang Rd from Bombala to Orbost was a ripper - even in the rain.

20160822_132746.jpg
    Got back home in Brisbane last night. Just on 4,600 km loop, everything worked a treat with a super-comfy ride. It is strange that on paper these things don't seem real appealing but they are just so good/ enjoyable to ride. Sometimes we (OK read I) confuse exciting and enjoyable. This is not like riding an 1190 on full tap along some fast winding dirt road. It is just relaxed and comfy and.....well, enjoyable.
    kclass, Cruz, LivingdeadCamo and 3 others like this.
  19. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Any further pics and info from the ride Ron?

Likes or dislikes about the bike?

MPG?

How the new seat worked out and the driving lights?
  20. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I have a 2016 and like it a lot but I ordered a new shock and being unable to see anywhere how a newbie like me instals one I thought I would post on my installation of a Nitron R1 shock installation into NC750X 2016 model (shock is the same as the 700x model).

Shock arrived cheaper than originally thought thanks to Brexit and the pound collapsing. Shock is the same length and dimensions as the original but the spring seemed much shorter which concerned me but needn't have. I don't have a center stand so I had to put the bike in a bike grab so the bike was level and upright (bike grab is a front wheel stand which pinches the front tyre). Then I used the bike lever stand for the rear wheel, which is usually used to lube the chain, to lift the rear wheel and wedge a piece of wood under the two attachment points for the center stand being careful not to pinch the exhaust pipe. Lower it down and now we have a bike which is upright and ready for the procedure.

The right hand side plastic panel has an obvious screw which when removed allows the plastic panel to be carefully lifted to expose a hole in the frame to gain access to the top bolt for the shock. Apply a 17mm bolt and all's well there. Repeat for the bottom and we are in business. Shock now free but I can't get it out. Remove the bolt on the triangular frame thingy onto which the bottom shock bolt attaches and it can be swung down out of the way and the shock can be wiggled out. New shock to go in needs some sticky tape to stop the top and bottom bracket spacers falling out. Then wiggle it in from underneath, remove tape without spacers falling out (good luck) attach top bolt and then bottom, and partially tighten.

Reattach all other bolts and torque all to 44nm. Only hassle is the top bolt spins and so you need to remove the left hand side plastic panel screw, lift it up and then push a long 10mm allen key into the allen key hole on the top bolt so you can torque it from the other side. Requires some interesting yoga positions but works. Reattach plastic side panels, remove wedge and you are done.

I had to wind the compression and rebound down a few stops to get the magic carpet comfort ride I was looking for but it is an improvement over the original and I am more confident and comfortable on the bike now. Cost me GBP340 plus 50 for delivery to Sydney. I bought it through Nitron.
    Drumbrakes and Cruz like this.