Honda NHX110 (LEAD, Elite)

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by DaBinChe, Dec 16, 2013.

1. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    New tires are always harder to remove/install then used. The more used the easier, less material less stiff. Only had a few rope plugs fail on me, mainly from a non-round hole. Make sure you don't over ream the hole when using the reamer. When installing the plug is should be pretty hard to insert. Using vulcanizing cement helps lubricate while inserting but also helps seals once it vulcanizes. Requires riding after use for the vulcanizing to take place. I almost never cut down what is sticking out of the rope plug, instead I insert it till about only 1/4" sticks out.
  2. Inoplanetyanin

Inoplanetyanin One day closer!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for feedback. Yeah, the last one was just a hole from a small nail that went in completely perpendicularly. I didn't even have to use the rimer. The plug went in tight, used the cement. It held for a few weeks/month and then let go. I think the plug just dropped inside the tire, maybe because I cut the excess off. The inside of the plug was elongated and seemed to have been pulled by the centrifugal force as it was spread tightly along the circumference of the inside of the tire.

Might give them another try. Certainly ok for emergency road repair but doesn't seem to be a good permanent repair. For that the tire should probably be fixed from the inside. :)
  3. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alslo the quality of the plug matters too. Slim brand plugs don't work as well. I find the plugs that work better are the brown, looks like poop, plugs. Not the darker almost black plugs. There are also thinner and thicker plugs too.
  4. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I been noticing Elite2 is getting higher gas mileage then Elite1. Elite2 is getting what Elite1 got before...back before 50k miles, think before using Kitaco final drive taller gearing. I didn't put in the Kitaco final drive until well after the first SCB in 2014. The taller gearing was too much and increased the load on the motor, like going up hill on a taller gear instead of down shifting to a lower gear. Uphill the lower gear REV is higher but load is easier on the motor while higher gear REV lower but load is higher. This higher load uses more gas. So on my commute, gas needle is between half and bottom quarter by end of day. With the Kitaco it is between between bottom quarter and E. I'm still wondering if using only the kitaco and back to OE size rear tire would be ok...
  5. Inoplanetyanin

Inoplanetyanin One day closer!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that might be the case. I remember the brown plug seemed to have held up but every black is leaking.
  6. vanbang

vanbang n00b

Oddometer:
    Warmly welcome from Hochiminh city, Vietnam.
    Bought 2nd at odo 40k km, and fully functional until now, except for IACV replacement at 50k km odo.

Attached Files:

7. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome. You got one of the best 110cc scoot available. 51k KM is nothing. You sould check your engine sub wiring harness. Chances are that the wires rub bare and shorted causing your IACV to act up...or at least the check engine light code will say it is the IACV. I have documented that on this thread and on my youtube channel.
    vanbang likes this.
  8. vanbang

vanbang n00b

Oddometer:
    My IACV had been sticky, and the iddle speed over 2300, 2500rpm when I down the throttle, no MIL light flasing. So, I replace the new one, clear all in ECM, reset and everything seem good again.
  9. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wonder if it is the quality of the gas in Vietnam....maybe less cleaning additive.
  10. vanbang

vanbang n00b

Oddometer:
    My damaged IACV...

Attached Files:

11. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wonder how that got damage? It is internal so nothing hit is. Only thing I can think of is something got in there and only way that can happen is if for some reason the airfilter got a hole in it or was bypassed. Same on the fuel side, if fuel filter got a hole or got bypass. Mileage wise looks like it is used often enough where old gas won't mess with it, unless there was a period of time when the bike sat and old gas gunked it up. Only other reason I see is if some opened it up and messed it up, it is very delicate. I suppose it can wear out too, from lots of "cold starts", this means lots of short trips and stops for long enough to cool down to have a "cold start" condition.