Honda PCX: coming to the US

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cogitate, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynl1aH6vdWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynl1aH6vdWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  2. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    To quote another inmate here, there aren't enough e's in sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet for that scoot. Honda designers really have it down.
  3. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    It's coming! From http://scootinoldskool.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/a-brave-new-scooter-world/#more-3993

[​IMG]

Honda’s new PCX 125 plays in the scooter mainstream, worldwide (Honda photo)

You may have seen this scooter elsewhere, but Honda’s intro of its PCX 125 at EICMA is a coming out of sorts. The PCX 125, which is made in Thailand and will arrive in the U.S. sometime in 2010, advances the state of the scooter art with liquid cooling and electronic fuel injection, jumping right into the thick of the world’s biggest scooter market segment.

The 125cc segment in the U.S. is a surprisingly large one, with entries from Yamaha (Vino 125 (discontinued in MY ‘09), Zuma 125) and Genuine (Buddy 125). While Honda has not announced U.S. pricing for the PCX, its competitors fall into the $3,000-$3,500 range.

Honda’s large, well-established U.S. dealer network will be a major selling point for the PCX 125 and all of its scooters. Or it should be, anyway.

More significant should be the fact that large numbers of state-o’-the-art 125cc scooters would result in far less greenhouse gas emission than the fossil-fuel generated electricity required to recharge the batteries of large numbers of marginally useful electric scooters…
  4. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
  5. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. rhys

rhys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put 200-250cc's into that thing,
    and I'd prefer it over the Zuma 250 dream I just posted about.....

It looks like a scooter, with a little bit-o-modern thrown in; I really like the thing!
  7. notdave

notdave gets bored easily

Oddometer:
    very cool. it would have been better at 149cc's. the extra 25cc does really help when on long straights.
  8. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 - This looks like a nice little scooter, but it doesn't have specs fit for more then a very brief hop on the super slab, which I fear is a necessity where I am.:evil
  10. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/anzCXRrI-RI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/anzCXRrI-RI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  11. jspringator

jspringator Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. sportmotogear

sportmotogear Mr. Fancy Pants

Oddometer:
  13. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:
    ...of what makes a scooter so great?
    I see no flat area between the leg area for placing something like a small satchel.
    I don't see what looks to be any area under the seat for storage (like a helmet etc) unless the vehicles "sleekness" is hiding it. (?)
    I also don't see a good area for mounting a tail rack unless Honda has one available and the mounts are VERY hidden or it comlpelely replaces the sleek rear grab handle.

All I see is another Honda taking two wheeled transportation in the direction of Style without function like they have been for years.
    I HATE having to wear a backpack to carry shit on two wheels.
    Thankfully my DR650 and 125 Zuma are useful. (no brand loyalty here either, I just like useful vehicles)
    All I see when I look at Hondas anymore is RED, in a bad way!:eek1
  14. mr duck

mr duck psych

Oddometer:
    Cub(preferred) or Wave with 125cc would be perfect in the city. I'd buy one.
  15. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    Aw, quit your griping, Mr. Lazy! If you had bothered to review the previously posted vids and pages, you would have noticed glove box and under seat storage, with the space under the seat holding a full face helmet and more. Plus, I'm sure there will be Honda and aftermarket options for a top rack and case. Automatic, fuel injection, catalytic converter, auto stop - this is a great step forward. Packages between the feet - not safe.
  16. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:
    You got me, so I'll take back 1/2 of what I said.:D
    That seat area sure didn't visually appear like it would hold a full size helmet. Looks can be deceiving.
    ...and when I'm doing anything pertaining to scooters; I'm in lazy mode = no shifting, throw the crap on the rack or under the seat and go. This also pertains to reading about them.:freaky Sorry!
  17. Roose Hurro

Roose Hurro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, we won't be getting this neat little feature...
  18. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4GDSmUCQzQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4GDSmUCQzQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  19. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
  20. spotch

spotch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I passed one of those this morning. So sweet looking in person.