Honda PCX: coming to the US

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cogitate, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    I don't think you're using that term correctly. Dearth means "a lack of".

[/ grammar Nazi]:D
  2. Canuckwheels

Canuckwheels Canuckwheels

Oddometer:
    southeast BC, Canada, small town near the rockies
    Well, I certainly hope that this new Honda PCX is a smart design.

I sat on an SH 150 and it felt totally awkward but, then again, so do most scooters since I'm 6'5".

However, my Yamaha Vino 125 fits just fine. I have to stick out my knee a bit when I'm turning the steering wheel but I couldn't care less. If people think I look goofy, that's their problem. However, I don't think I look awkward riding the Yamaha Vino 125 anyway.
  3. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    Price posted on US Honda site today.

$3399.

Not bad!
  4. skyman

skyman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I saw the scoot for the first time today. I was surprised they came out with a 125 instead of a 250 or more. I own a 2010 Elite 110 and I love it, great storage and 100 mpg. I have been looking for a good used Reflex to add to the stable but now I am wondering what else Honda is going to spring on us. I would buy a 400 Swing in a heartbeat. I will be checking out the 125 as my wife has all ready put in a request. :D
  5. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IWhDzwpDKUU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IWhDzwpDKUU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Perhaps a 125 for the better mpg while still providing a large range of use, but I don't understand why we don't get the idle stop system in the US.
  6. bbishoppcm

bbishoppcm It ain't a moped.

Oddometer:
    Add me to the list of people hoping they come out with a 150cc version of the PCX. The SH150i is just... goofy looking! I wouldn't be caught dead riding one. I think I'll skip the PCX and look for a good used Reflex, they seem to hold up well, and I am ready for an upgrade...
  7. jspringator

jspringator Long timer

Oddometer:
    I love my 85 Elite 250. A lot less coin and very versatile. It is in the shop right now for replacement of consumables. Can't wait until it gets out. Probably one of my most researched purchases.
  8. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    Anyone seen a PCX in a U.S. Honda dealership yet?
  9. snakebit

snakebit growing old disgracefully

Oddometer:
    WTF, 270 lbs, it weighs more than my NX250.
  10. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    Apples and oranges? Different pursposes?
  11. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
  12. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    The PCX 125 sure does look pretty neat. It seems pretty high tech though. They should make bikes like this, but I think they need to bring back the simpler fun bikes like the Elite series. The SH150i is way way way over priced though. I could go and by a Kymco grand vista 250, and tour on the highway a lot more comfortably, for the exact same price. All that technology does not seem to really be making it much faster though, as it reportedly only tops out at 65 mph, the same as my 86 Elite 150. I could also buy a vespa S 150 IE for $100 less, and Vespa is almost like the Harley of scooters. Don't get me wrong, the Honda SH150i is probably a pretty solid machine but the price needs to come way down. The PCX is apparently retailing at $3400, which is a a little bit high, but I think it is somewhat decent. It is supposed to do an indicated 60+ mph, which is not really a lot lower than the SH150i. I really like the sports bike looks of it. It looks very sporty, but it's not overdone, more like a little reflex sort of thing. I would also love an SH300i. That would be a great seller. You really need that displacement on the highways here. They should have a middle bike between 150 and 600 cc. I think a redone Helix would be pretty awesome! Just a bike that keeps the classic 80's looks, but has the newer features like a good stereo and fuel injection.
  13. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    I stopped by my local dealer a couple of days ago, and asked whether they'll be receiving any PCXs. I was told that they had ordered a few, and were expecting them at the end of October.
  14. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
  15. spotch

spotch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCNpIC6WsUU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCNpIC6WsUU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  17. jspringator

jspringator Long timer

Oddometer:
    Everything was in spanish but "stop & go". It must be a trademarked designation of their system.
  18. Crow

Crow Corvid

Oddometer:
    That's the Idle Stop system that's not appearing in the US model. When you stop, the engine quits. When you twist the throttle, the engine starts up again. Saves gas and reduces emissions.
  19. Roose Hurro

Roose Hurro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the one feature that distinguished it from other scoots and would have justified its higher price... and they leave it off. Nice. :dood

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20. Cdc28p

Cdc28p Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I've found my ideal scooter! Small displacement, but not too small, great-looking, and from Honda! I was thinking of getting the Kymco Yager 200 but the PCX just looks so much better. A great scooter for the San Francisco Bay Area.