Honda Super Cub 110

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    No pics today but was all Super Cub. I didn't ride my Vespa Sprint. The wife didn't help either. She was busy shopping.

I put about 50 miles on my Panda Cub today. It's got 1,204 kilometers on it so about 750 miles.

My white Super Cub has 967 kilometers - about 600 miles.

Both have had an oil change and both have had their chains adjusted. The engine is starting to loosen up a bit. The transmission is pretty smooth.

They are so much fun to ride. Everyone likes them. I get questions about them all the time. I have owned them for 11 months now and I'm always looking forward to throwing a leg over it and going for a ride. If it was the last motorcycle I could ride for the rest of my life, I'd sure be happy.
  2. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    No riding in what seems to be for-ever! It doesn't look like the weather will be getting better any time soon. It's just been a lot of gray and a lot of cold. Very unusual this time of year for South Texas. The wife and I are going to Guadalajara for a few days next week. I will be sure to visit the local Honda dealership. I don't think Mexico has accessories for the Super Cub but you never know. I will be sure to post pics of whatever I find interesting.
  3. TrimSlim

TrimSlim Where's the chile?

Oddometer:
    Have a great trip! Perhaps they will have a rack to go with the bench seat.
  4. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

There's a rack for the bench seat (same brand) on webike but I don't know if I want to add it yet. Thailand has a Super Cub shirt I wouldn't mind buying. I just have never ordered anything from Thailand. I also don't know their shirt sizes. Mexico might have some cool Honda gear.
  5. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Note: this post is OFF TOPIC. I thought it would be nice to share some of the things I saw.

We came back yesterday from spending the week in Mexico. Our time was divided between Guadalajara, Manzanillo, and Chapala for those of you who might be interested in looking it up.

There were LOTS of bikes and scooters in that part of the country. The weather is mild unless you are on the coast. Most riders have a 125 or 150 cc. Women ride a scooter or a Honda Wave. Men ride everything with a preference for the Honda Cargo or CGL 125 Tool. Many, many Chinese clones. They seem to be everywhere. I didn't see a single Super Cub. It seems that it is far too expensive for what it is. I think it would be the perfect ride over there - but I can understand why Mexicans prefer the Wave: A Super Cub is 26,900 pesos and the Wave is 16,400 pesos. That's a 10,500 difference for similar performance and equipment!

There were few large bikes. The speed limit is around 60 mph anyway. It's only on the "autopista" (toll way) that the speed limit is around 70. The pavement is rarely even either. The lakeside town Chapala even had cobblestones. They look great but they are really tough on the tires.

This time, I fell in love with the CGL 125 Tool. I think it's a really cool looking bike.

[​IMG]

Honda dealership by the beach in Manzanillo (the beach really is behind the shop!)

[​IMG]

The beach in Manzanillo

[​IMG]

Honda Wave

[​IMG]

Honda Cargo 150

[​IMG]

Honda GL 150 (basically a Cargo in a different setup)

[​IMG]

Honda XR 150

[​IMG]

We went to a Yamaha dealership in Guadalajara

Yamaha FZ 16 (it's a 160 cc)

[​IMG]

Not sure Valentino Rossi would appreciate...

[​IMG]

THIS, I wanted: Tenere 250

[​IMG]

Fits perfect!

[​IMG]

Lake Chapala. It's becoming a retirement destination for many Americans. I can see why.

[​IMG]

Honda Wave and shameless clone

[​IMG]

Everybody rides! Men and women. We saw what probably was a 12 year old on a scooter. Sometimes 3 people will fit on a scooter as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helmet? What's a helmet?

[​IMG]

Very comfortable

[​IMG]

Still my fav'

[​IMG]

The wife liked it too

[​IMG]

I can see myself ride one of these in San Antonio...

[​IMG]

What I will probably end up with

[​IMG]
  6. TrimSlim

TrimSlim Where's the chile?

Oddometer:
    Hey DOUBLE-O G,
    Thanks for posting all the great pics. Such a shame we don't get these bikes here. I understand that we folks here at Battle Scooters are only a few among the masses. I would love to take a spin on the Cargo 150 or the CGL 125. Looks like a beautiful place to travel.
  7. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing....Wow the Tenere 250 is making me drool! Never heard of a Tenere 250 until today!

Here is one with side cases as an option!

[​IMG]

I also really like the Cargo 150 and its regular offering the GL150. Looks could be deceiving but these bikes look like they come with fairly large gas tanks. I imagine the riding range is pretty high on these.
  8. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    It looks perfect with the bags!

The tank is 14 liters so about 3.70 gallons. Considering they must have really good gas mileage, they must have a really good range.
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Thanks! It's a really great place to travel and live - I think - as so many Americans have settled in the area.

I kept drooling over the CGL 125. It's only about $1,000 US. And that's OTD! No wonder they don't sell it here. Dealers would want to make more money.
  10. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Great to see all the cool offerings in Mexico. That Tenere 250 looks amazing. Something else to wish they would import here...

Any idea where the Honda Waves are made? Must be a reason they are so much less than the cub. That seems to be the style that I saw so frequently in New Delhi...
  11. KooKooBean

KooKooBean n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey DOUBLE-O G, Did you used to own a Honda Cub clone bike made by BMS ?
  12. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The Wave sold in Mexico is made in Mexico. That's why they are so cheap. No import tax and cheap labor.
  13. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    No I didn't. I only purchased the 2 Honda Super Cubs.
  14. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is a review in Spanish for the Tenere 250.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9k2mIm3GnY

Seems to be a pretty darn fast for a regular air cooled 250 and I am sure its not the lightest 250 around. That speedo is reading in kilometers so it ain't that fast but it seems to have no trouble reaching 100km/h and that is about 60 mph. Seems to settle in comfortably at 70 MPH!

Its probably not as corked as bikes sold in the US and most of Europe.

Edit: Looks like it has a fat gas tank as well.
  15. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 - Thanks for postin' all of the great pics, DOUBLE-O G... :thumb

Frankly, I'd give my left 'nad for a Cargo 150. Hefty rack, big-ish tank, comfy seat, centerstand (!), fuel gauge - just a front disc brake away from being the perfect back-road Adventure Tiddler. Having owned a number of the small Honda singles over the years (CT, CB, SL), they are amongst the most bullet-proof, simple and willing little powerplants in all of motorcycledom. Wish like h3!! they'd offer some of those choices (XR 150 = super cool, too) in N/A. Damn! :cry

Any idea the make/model of the orange scooters being ridden two-up? Looks rather Honda-ish...

Bob
  16. gaijinrider

gaijinrider Positively positive

Oddometer:
    A member of the Google+ supercub community went on an adventure on his "loaded" supercub

[​IMG]

All the stuff in the picture below was on the bike
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonder how the suspension lasted though...:eek1
  17. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The scooter ridden 2-up is a Honda. It's a Dio:
    http://www.honda.mx/motos/dio110/

I myself would love a Cargo 150. I might try and buy one in the near future. I've been thinking about it.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Whoa! I actually wonder how fast he can go with all that stuff on it.
  19. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Can you say, over-packer?:lol3
  20. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    Might be kinda fun to see that ridden in a 40 mph crosswind. :evil