Honda Super Cub 110

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jul 3, 2013.

1. SteverinoB

SteverinoB EstebanarinoB

Oddometer:
    That is both funny and sad!
  2. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    What's funny is that the sales guy didn't know what they were. And he wasn't a young guy!
  3. BAJAborn

BAJAborn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Regarding the super cub being dropped from the market, I must inform that it shocked me too, so called my local dealer and inquired about the topic, and he said they sold out their las production batch and September should produce another batch. Supposedly they produce certain model at a time and if it sells out, well, see you til next run. And so on. Don't know if its true but those were his comments, which sound strange to me cause that is not how it typically goes and from my understanding the SC was not "MIM" made in Mexico. Although I hope it's true because never quite got over not buying a cub since they were locally available to me. I got a Suzuki FD110 instead and no regrets at all, just wanted to have a piece of history.
  4. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I haven't posted in here in forever.

Long story short: our home got burglarized in early september. The thieves took all our keys. All of them. They could have stolen our bikes too but they didn't. Not sure why. May be it's more fun creating a mess? Anyways, they left the bikes and no keys for them. I thought I would order a new set of keys from Mexico. It wasn't that simple. I needed to replace the ignition cylinder and the gas cap. I couldn't just get duplicates. But Honda sells an OEM kit. Awesome! So it's simple then? Not really. Honda Mexico has kept telling me that they've placed the order. They're expecting it and expecting it and expecting it. I recently found out that the parts are simply on back order because they don't know where to order from. One guy said they called Honda USA. Wait, what?

I took matters into my own hands and contacted Webike. They have the part and it should ship within 10 days. Now that was easy. The problem is I got so focused on getting the parts from Mexico that I forgot I could just get them directly from Japan. The bikes have been sitting in the garage for the past 2 months. I have missed on really good rides but, hey, it was my fault. Bottom line: just take care of things yourself.
  5. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Almost all honda have a number on the ignition any locksmith can use that to make new ones . It a code they use if they have the tool to just cut a new one with no fiddling around . Even without a good look smith in canada charges 25 bucks or so to make a key for starch . Should be the same thing anywhere in the world as long as you hand them the ignition .
    Phipsd likes this.
  6. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Well, shit.
    ben2go likes this.
  7. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] honda cb 350 . It's somewhere on the body of it . Now you know I don't remember how I learned it but I think a dealership 30 years ago had the tool and key me a new key.
    • :lobby
  8. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I got my parts today! They were stuck at customs for 11 days. I wondered if my package was ever going to clear.

I'll have the parts installed this weekend or the next.

Gotta love Japan. And Honda.
  9. Sellmeacub

Sellmeacub n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm Interested, still have it?
  10. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Check your PM
  11. WDG

WDG Not entirely domesticated

Oddometer:
    I've had thieves try to force an ignition lock (royally screwing it up,) but have never lost all the keys. How do you get the lock out to replace it without them, especially the gas cap? Do they have to pick the locks?
  12. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    As you know I got the replacement kit from Japan. At that point, I took the bike to my local dealer. They had to drill the gas cap in order to replace it. The kit includes the ignition module plus a gas cap.
    WDG likes this.
  13. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The weather's been beautiful here in San Antonio. It's been at 80 or close to 80 all week.

I haven't ridden the Super Cubs in a while. My time has been spent on the PCX (which has performed flawlessly). But I gotta tell you all, one ride on the Super Cub makes me forget all the other bikes. There's just something about it. I've posted it somewhere else but if I could only ride one bike for the rest of my life, it would have to be a Super Cub.

The Panda Cub got to get out a little today. I've owned the Super Cubs for just about 2 years now. The Panda Cub has 1,354 kilometers (that's 841 miles) and the Polar Cub has 1,355 kilometers (829 miles).

[​IMG]
  14. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Found a way to title in the US?
  15. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Why would I want to title them in the US? So I can pay tax? They still have the Mexican license plate.
  16. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought you were selling.
  17. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Went out to run errands this morning so I took Polar Cub with me. She performed flawlessly as always.

I gotta tell you, the weather is beautiful down here right now. Low 80s. Spring is here in South Texas! Love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HelloPitty and GREY.HOUND like this.
  18. HelloPitty

HelloPitty Motorbike Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Wish we could get those in the US.
  19. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    There might be a few left in Mexico but Honda Mexico has stopped importing them.
  20. TrimSlim

TrimSlim Where's the chile?

Oddometer:
    These Honda Cub photos never fail to put a smile on my face and the Polar Cub is especially fine with the bench seat! Enjoy spring and temps in the 80's is hard to beat. Winter has been mild in the north, but ...temps in the 80's will not arrive fast enough for me.