Honda Super Cub 110

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    We went out to lunch with friends today and decided to take the Super Cubs out. The weather is simply amazing right now.

[​IMG]
  2. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    Texas in the spring and fall - just about perfect. OK, and winters in the Tropical Tip don't suck, either. Good to see those Super Cubs getting some ridin'!
  3. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I just bought myself a new helmet. I got it on Webike. Not a Super Cub helmet like they sell in Thailand but it's a Honda helmet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  5. CardinalDirection

CardinalDirection Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I understand. But it does come with the current Mexican license plate. That's what I've been using for the past 2 years.
  7. CardinalDirection

CardinalDirection Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ill ask around and see if there are any provisions for being able to license a vehicle with foreign plates in conjunction with military service. That being said it's a long shot.
  8. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I just dropped the price of the Super Cubs in the Flea Market section. $1,750 for one. I'd take an even $3,000 for the both of them (all accessories included: that's 2 Honda OEM metal top boxes, 2 Honda OEM passenger seats)
  9. HelloPitty

HelloPitty Motorbike Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    I totally want that black one! Must try to resist.
    cabanza likes this.
  10. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I sold my Super Cubs!

Yup. Both of them.

Since they weren't selling in the US, we decided to take them back to Monterrey, Mexico. Instead of trailing them, we decided to have one last adventure and ride them from San Antonio to Monterrey.

I wrote a short thread about it here:
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/super-cubs-suck.1161842/

I sold them back to the Honda dealership where I bought them. I hope someone enjoys them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. neyuru

neyuru n00b

Oddometer:
    I should have post this earlier, but here it goes. Back in 14' I bought my own cub here in Mexico:

enero.jpg

The picture was taken on january 2015, 5 months after purchase. I was researching for a commuter since February 2015 and after months of studying many options I settled on a Suzuki Burgman. The very day before i was making a trip to the dealer (not in my hometown: Saltillo Coahuila which is about 80km from Monterrey) I got to the web one last time to review and re-check why I settled on the Burgman. When passing through Honda's website I noticed one add for the super cub, and after only 5 minutes reading it's specs I fell in love inmediatly. It had all I had wished for and the total cost was equivalent to the up-front cash for the Burgman. Instant Shektibi.

I bought a Givi case to go with it:

IMG_20160725_172420.jpg IMG_20160725_172430.jpg IMG_20160725_172511.jpg

Those pictures where taken today. I also bought a Tourmaster bag: (next post)
  12. neyuru

neyuru n00b

Oddometer:
    IMG_20160725_171947.jpg IMG_20160725_171955.jpg IMG_20160725_172023.jpg

Although I'm kind of a minimalistic guy and like to looks of the bag to be a better fit, the givi case doesn't look so bad. One time I slipped of my bike on a U-turn near a construction site and on a rainy day (gravel and water in the asphalt). I was maybe at 10 km/h, but my damn sneackers hooked to the footpeg and I was taken for I ride under the cub for about 5 meters. Fortunately, I was full geared (jacket and motorcucle pants) and nothing happened to me. The bike was also undamaged. The GIVI case actually performed sorta like highway bars:

IMG_20160725_172455.jpg

and took the scratches out if the cub. It is a real testament as to the sturdyness and quality of construction of the givi luggage. I don't know how I have fared if that night I where using the soft bag.

Anyways, I have 2300 km on the cub and loving every day on it.