Honda Super Cub C125

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Oct 26, 2017.

1. SupaCub

SupaCub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Which would you prefer for daily commuting? What's the van van's top speed? Been looking at the van van.
  2. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is a tough call. The Van Van has a higher top speed but it wasn't by much with mine.

I'll tell you this, I sold the Van Van. The Super Cub is a permanent part of the collection.

If I were commuting with them I'd probably go Van Van. Seems it has more flexibility to carry, more speeds, bigger fuel tank although that seems to be a wash with the Cub's mileage.
  3. SupaCub

SupaCub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Yeah, the mileage is just crazy on the cub. And the cub is just cooler!
    Chillis likes this.
  4. vintagegarage

vintagegarage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Honda has a factory accessory made-in-Japan "Business Box". I see them on the back of many of the Super Cubs and Cross Cubs in Japan. The Honda part# is 08L00-GT0-K00ZA. Here is a link to that part:
    https://www.monotaro.com/p/2695/7805/

I bought one from Webike and it came in last week. I plan to use it on the back of my 2020 Super Cub as soon as soon as the Cub gets here. I think the gray will look good with the gray seat and it really provides some good storage for adventure rides. Here is a Super Cub and a Cross Cub that I saw in Japan three weeks ago, which started me on the path to figure out what it was and what was the part number:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bar None and kpinvt like this.
  5. ski-line900

ski-line900 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's going to attach to the SCs rack? Those racks look much bigger
  6. vintagegarage

vintagegarage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think it will be ok, and you are right.. the rear rack for the Super Cub 110 in Japan is longer that the USA Super Cub 125 rear rack. I was looking at the over hang on that Cross Cub, and thinking the overhang would be about the same on a Super Cub 125 if the Business Box was mounted all the way to the front on the 125 rack... i.e. it would be about half on the rack and half off.
    hondacubber likes this.
  7. Dissolved

Dissolved n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a good cover? I'd like to cover it up as it sometimes sleeps outside when I visit my GF.

Thanks!
  8. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use a cheap bbq grill cover from walmart for about $5.
    kpinvt, BigIron and thefieldworker like this.
  9. chip52

chip52 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After speaking to a Honda product rep about the cross cub he said that he could not comment about it but he did say that "history has a way of repeating itself"...Hmmmmmm!
  10. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just sayin', I saw a Supercub in the flea market for sale pretty cheap!
  11. Ecca

Ecca n00b

Oddometer:
    Those Kijima saddlebag mounts seem like a usable spot for Rotopax mounts for fuel and water, so I'm going to be testing out a custom plate that can clamp in place.

hondac125.PNG

Unfortunately, the left and right sides are bent inconsistently and it's a bit strange to try to make a single mount that fits perfectly. For now, I'm designing each side individually, but maybe if I can gather some averaged measurements it might be possible to generalize it.

Anyone else might want something like this?

IMG_20190919_142146.jpg
    kpinvt, MYUMPH and BMWzenrider like this.
  12. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think RotoPax are worth it. Better to use a No Spill jug on the back rack and use the panier racks for paniers.
    Oilhed likes this.
  13. Ecca

Ecca n00b

Oddometer:
    My line of thinking is that the liquid is heavier than my other stuff, so I'd want it mounted lower. I don't carry much stuff and the stuff is light, so one drybag on the back rack and a smaller pouch on my center rack is perfect.
  14. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Buying experience:
    so I got the SC at Russellville Honda. Talked to sales dude on phone to make the deal. It was for $3600otd with $500 down and balance of $3100, I would have to pay for tax,license, etc once back in CA which turned out to be $468. The night before took a red eye from SJ to ATL layover for a few hours then to LIT, cost use under $200 including $30 to check bag. Had to check bag cause carry tools that won't allow carry on. Uber there cost was about $80. Got there and it is a big Honda only shop, third largest in sales in the country. Talked to same sales guy, showed me bike. Then sent over to finance to do paper work. At this point it was around noon and I had less then an hour of sleep last night. Wanted to use my Honda CC to take advantage of the 0% interest for 12months like I did with Monkey. So waiting for paperwork and such was thinking of needing to make time/miles and how exhausted I was. Any ways they show me a number and I didn't pay attention, just wanted to get out of there. Had to install the two racks and load up. Any ways after end of second day of ride home and better rested I checked the paper work and saw that they added $174 to my balance. I called up the sales guy and was told that it is a bank fee for the Honda CC. This is Bullshit cause the invoice shows everything. It was my fault for not looking at the invoice...come to think of it they didn't go over the invoice. I have purchased about half a dozen brand new vehicles in the past and invoice was always gone over. Maybe this is a AK thing to not require it but in CA it is normal practice (and I believe legal requirement) to go over invoice detail. Being a person of integrity I didn't think of double checking...if I wasn't so tired they wouldn't of pull this BS on me but when exhausted I make mistakes and can be taken advantage of. Long story short they didn't fulfill their end of the agreed on price. After tallying up all cost including travel, gas, hotels and meals it cost me about $4900, still lower then anything here in CA. CA dealers wanted $5000 then I have to add in cost of going to get the bike which would be at least another $100.
    Bar None likes this.
  15. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    And you got an adventure: priceless!
    Duckfiz, villageidiot and BigIron like this.
  16. Inoplanetyanin

Inoplanetyanin One day closer!

Oddometer:
    Pricey. They'll probably be going for 2500 on Craigslist a year or two from now. I got my 2018 PCX 150 with 120 miles for 2500. Trailered it from Arizona.
  17. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I can't say I'm surprised that the dealership took advantage of you. It's become common practice. It's just sad. I hope it doesn't ruin part of your experience. I've had dealer experiences that have ruined owning a bike. If I was you, I'd make sure I leave them a negative review online. It's one way you can get back at them. But you had one hell of an adventure too and as it's been pointed out, you can't put a price on that.
    Duckfiz likes this.
  18. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will the sales dude honor the sales price or are they hard lining you? And I too am sorry to hear about your buying experience.

Eric
  19. vintagegarage

vintagegarage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone here ordered a 2020 Super Cub? My local dealer is still saying that they can't order them yet... Is delivery still targeted for November?
  20. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I talked to the sales guy and his said that $174 was the bank/CC charging me but I know that is BS cause the Honda CC statement does not show that. The invoice says $3774 not $3600. They haven't responded to me since I call them out on it, just silence. Show that they are shady. If I wasn't exhausted and in a hurry to get out of there I would of caught it, but it is what it is. Actually when I got there the first thing they had me sign an agreement that the deal was for $3600otd, a copy of which was never given to me. Gave me a copy of everything else that was signed. How they operated was like a car dealership, shuffling you around. I never had that experience at a motocycle dealer only at car dealers. Tactics used was like a car dealership, sneaky. Ultimately I was the one that should have caught it so it is what it is.

Now even if I had caught it what could I have done?? Not go thru with the deal? That meant that I would have to get another ride back to the airport and pay for a flight for that day or next which is much more then getting a flight several weeks ahead. The flight there was under $200 with two weeks prior purchase. Flight on same day as purchase is over $500. Walking away would of cost me close to $900 with empty hands. So even then best thing to do is get bent. If this was a local deal I would of just walked way on principle and never buy anything from said shop. No sense in supporting shady behavior. It is what it is.
    hondacubber likes this.