Honda Super Cub C125

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Oct 26, 2017.

1. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Different market. One high demand low supply, other is high supply low demand. Maybe in a few years it would be cheaper but that is the future. It is like my uncle saying he'll wait to buy the latest and greatest big screen when the price comes down next year. It'll come down but will be obsolete and there would be the next latest and greatest. Ends up never buying a new TV. Life is short have as much fun as you can, cause it goes by in a blink of an eye.
    Jim T, minimac, John mann and 2 others like this.
  2. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    it’s likely a fee they charge for you running your Honda card to pay for it.

if you ran a credit card, they get charged 3-5% on the back end by the credit card processing company.

It’s not a charge Honda puts there, but something likely done by the management. My wife spent 9 years working in car dealerships, people come in all the time make a cash deal then plonk down an Amex or somethin of the like or a combination of cards and roll out with a new car. So they charge a fee to be able to not take it in the shorts. People are made well aware of it

im not saying what they did is right, I’m just sayin that’s likely what they did..... 4.75% on your $3600 is ~$173
    Chillis likes this.
  3. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the SuperCub invoice shows $3134 for bike, $85 dealer handling/service, $530 freight, $25 title, totals $3774. So no mention of any other fee. I had $500 down to hold the bike and balance of $3274, which is what my Honda CC statement shows. It should of been balance of $3100 as shown in the paper that I signed when I first got there. If that $174 really was a bank/CC charge, now if they were honest and told me of it I would of payed in cash...had it in my wallet at the time. There is a reason why I wanted to use the 0% for 12months and if it truely wasn't 0% I wouldn't of used it.

Just got a CB300R at local dealer yesterday using the same Honda CC with the same 0% for 12months and there was no extra charge for anything except what is shown on the invoice which was same as agreed upon over the phone. Same thing with the Monkey I got back in May. That was when I opened this Honda CC. No interest or fees of any kind.
    hondacubber and villageidiot like this.
  4. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm going to bring my Super Cub to the dealer to see about warranty on the transmission. The shifting randomly gets really bad for second gear. Not even going into second without a bunch of tries.

Not sure what would cause it.

Have adjusted the clutch Freeplay and it is good.

Thought the thing would be bulletproof.
    sealsam likes this.
  5. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well DBC, at least you are making us aware of it. I agree with Cabanza, leave a detailed neg review. They will probably respond then. Glad you have such a good attitude about it, and not letting it stop you from enjoying the bike. Watched your you tube vids on the valves and the new covers.
  6. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brian, hope you're not headed where I went with my new CRF250L, circlip failure at 750 miles. Mine failed right before it became a recall so it sat at the dealer for a month before Honda Corp and the dealer figured out how to handle it. While at the dealer it became an official recall, fixed in 3 days after that. Mine was the first actual failure they'd seen, lucky freakin' me. It kept popping out of gear 2 & 3, when it failed I was the first off the line from a stop light, almost got rear ended when it failed going into 2nd.

https://honda.oemdtc.com/786/kk3-transmission-mainshaft-safety-recall-2018-2019-honda-motorcycles
  7. Chillis

Oddometer:
    I'm not too worried. Just surprised it would happen.
  8. kevrags

kevrags Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about this. They seemed on the up and up to me when I posted about the OTD price that led to your epic trip...
  9. ski-line900

ski-line900 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still a great price
  10. theloop

theloop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good, not great.
  11. ErikDK

ErikDK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The gearbox is not meant to have neutral between first and second, but between first and 4th.

The stupid adaptation to US nanny rules doesn't suit it well.

It's probably you not engaging 2nd gear positively numerous times which has rounded off the engaging dogs.

Do you use the heel or are you lifting your toes the required 6th of a foot?
  12. Chillis

Oddometer:
    Pretty much use just the toe part of the shifter.
  13. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Probably just a loose shift drum detent "star" or its locating finger/wheel (all behind the RH crankcase cover). It happens...

Bob
    Chillis likes this.
  14. ski-line900

ski-line900 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Neutral between 1st and 2nd in the US?
  15. Chillis

Oddometer:
    Neutral is at the bottom. N-1-2-3-4

Neutral has nothing to do with my issue.

Neutral to 1st isn't an issue. 1st to 2nd is where it will not shift sometimes. I'm better off shifting it a bunch before a ride, working the gears to free it up.

It still randomly gets to the spot where it won't shift again into second.
  16. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Reach out and call the owner or general manager and call daily till they respond.
  17. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    Not always. Yamaha's 1960's series of YG5 and L5T's had neutral at the bottom in four speed gear boxes, and they were manual clutched bikes. My 2006 Lifan 100 cc manual clutch crate engine was also N-1-2-3-4 with neutral at bottom.
  18. YamaGeek

Oddometer:
    That's backwards from the older, Honda semi auto adjusters that sit in the middle of the clutch cover bulge on their rightside engine case.

It's a matter of adjustinging the claw-clutch's free-play when not in use. The mechanism that monetarily disconnects the clutch when in gear with the engine at over disengagement rpm. It's almost exactly like setting the clutch release lever or fork on a manual clutched bike or car.
  19. YamaGeek

Oddometer:
    What you describe is a 'rotary' shifter pattern which went the way of the last old Bridgestones in the late 1960's, here in the US. Neutral should be "below" first, but should be a complete 'stop' in the shift cycle down. Rotary shift patterns were dangerous, because they required the operator be mindful of up-shifting past the top gear into neutral and thinking you missed a gear and continuing into first again at speed, It's a good way to damage your engine and transmission.
  20. chip52

chip52 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like their credit card processer charges them 4.5% for credit card transactions so they passed it on to you. Not unusual at all these days but most establishments tell you this or have it posted. Actually a little more than 4.8%.