Honda Super Cub C125

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Oct 26, 2017.

1. CactusWren

CactusWren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes. Some difference. But a very small difference. Look it up. You have access to the internet.

Here's a good idea: If you don't know, look it up before you post. Most facts only take a few minutes to find on the net.
    ErikDK, siyeh and villageidiot like this.
  2. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    but if that were the case and he could only post fact...... post count would turn to 0
    ErikDK, BMWzenrider and CactusWren like this.
  3. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like that it is not that loud, complies with Japan emissions regulation. Is lighter, but most of all it looks much better.

The bearing isn't very noticeable on a stock engine but does smooth out motors that have been been tune for higher output. In those applications you'll feel it from idle all the way to redline. On stock it is most noticeable near redline. The reality is that nothing can be perfectly balance, can come close but not perfect, and over time as bearing wears it gets more slop. This bearing reduces that wear/slop rate. I plan on keeping the Monkey and SuperCub for the rest of my life. And I ride a lot so they ain't gonna be them typical 30year old bike that only has 3000 miles. In 30 years they will have over 100,000 miles. Hopefully they'll only need rings and piston by then. It is not a press fit but does fit in pretty tight. Same tightness as the clutch bearing. Most cartridge bearings are press fit on one side only, outer or inner race, while the none press side is a tight slip fit. Look at the main crank bearing itself the inner race is press fit on the crank but the case is only a tight slip fit.
  4. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    No damn it the earth is flat!!! How's that for one upping jerry!?
  5. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    The earth is actually slightly oval. It also rotates on it's axis once every 24 hours, but it takes 365.25 days to make a complete orbit of the sun. The SUMMER solstice when the earth is closest to the sun, the WINTER solstice is when it is farthest from the sun. It is the earths elliptical orbit that causes the seasons. But since the earth is tilted on it's axis, and is almost spherical, longitude does have an effect on weather. So does altitude above the surface. But what does all this have to do with the Honda Super Cub?

To bad the Super Cub isn't a bit bigger. A local dealer has one for sale on the floor right now. https://www.ridenowgoodyear.com/New...ub-C125-ABS-RideNow-Goodyear-7184984?ref=list
  6. CactusWren

Oddometer:
    Wrong.
    Wrong.

You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts.
    CashCow likes this.
  7. JerryH

Oddometer:
    OK, I looked it up on Wikipedia. Satisfied?
  8. CactusWren

Oddometer:
    Wrong. Once again you don't know what you're talking about. It's folks like you who perpetuate falsehoods on the net.
  9. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :imaposer I always thought Jerry was stuck in the 60's... apparently I was at least a thousand years off!

Bob
    ErikDK, BMWzenrider and CactusWren like this.
  10. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    YEAH 1060 BABY!! When the earth was flat. I knew I was right!
  11. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    And that has been my issue with him seemingly forever. Posting “I don’t like tube tires on the cub. I think tubeless would be safer”, or saying “I believe tube tires are dangerous” is fine. It’s just his opinion, no matter how wrong or misguided it may be.

Conversely, saying “half of a twin cam engine has to be thrown away during a rebuild” is complete bullshit, a complete falsehood. Worse yet, it’s complete bullshit about something mechanical from someone who purports to have been a lifelong Mechanic, so other May place stock in his comment.

The issues with your posts that frustrate so many people Jerry is that you continue to state facts that are just plain wrong, and that has the potential to mislead others. There is no way for your comment about twin cams to be considered only an opinion. It is stated as though it is a fact, yet you’ve never even been inside of one. If you read that somewhere, well, you shouldn’t take something as fact simply because someone else said it.

Beyond that the repeated drifting off topic in almost every single one of your posts, continuing to talk about your pinto, enfield, and 1950’s washing machines - it just gets old.

I usually try to stay on or close to topic most of the time, and I try to bring thoughtful, factual information and fresh perspective to the discussion when possible - mixed in with some humor or satire at times. Though this is not one of those times, The result of that approach is that both here and in meatspace people seem to enjoy my commentary just as I generally do theirs. We have good discussions. Conversely, you seem to frustrate many folks. Now you’re arguing about a slight ellipse in the earth’s orbit being responsible for the seasons instead of the tilt of the earth’s axis? Seriously? Please...just stop. If you can’t bring something new, interesting, factual, entertaining, etc. to a conversation please just don’t bring anything.

Thank you, and apologies to everyone for any disruption.
  12. JerryH

Oddometer:
    Tubeless tires are MUCH safer. They almost always go flat instantly when punctured, instead of slowly like a tubeless tire. And most of the time they cannot be repaired beside the road, leaving you stranded. And I have watched a lot of videos on Twin Cam engines and their pressed together cranks. " If you read that somewhere, well, you shouldn’t take something as fact simply because someone else said it." What was that someone said about research? Reading and watching videos IS research. And why are YOU posting a bunch of off topic stuff on the Super Cub thread?
  13. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Because once I took the liberty you take almost every time you post Jerry.

Tubeless tire can be and are repaired on the side of the road all the time. Just because YOU can’t do it doesn’t mean it’s not possible. You are the only person I know who would let tube tires on a fucking Cub stop you from buying one :csm :loco

A crankshaft is not “half of the engine”. And even though HD doesn’t offer replacement parts, there are plenty of aftermarket options for having the crank rebuilt including beefier components and welding/balancing the flywheels. So once again you’re full of shit. Try actually learning about something once in a while instead of spouting useless information gleaned from a YouTube video shot in cooter’s dirt floor garage.
    ken robert, Aj Mick and villageidiot like this.
  14. ScooterJon

ScooterJon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Honda has a credit card (whether it’s a physical card I’m not sure) and they offer special promotional financing just like Yamaha, though Yamaha has longer term deals. Honda usually offers 0% for 12 months but then the interest rate is pretty high. If you purchase with the card, no special insurance coverage is required on the bike as far as I know. I bought my scooter through Yamaha credit card a few years ago and full coverage was not required. I got a promotional 3 year term at 3.99% and paid it off over a year early. Full coverage isn’t required on my Honda motorcycle that I purchased through Honda finance either despite it being a 5 year loan.
  15. JerryH

Oddometer:
    I'll check it out. I can pay off any bike I can afford in a year. I found a place online to register your card, but not apply for one.

" Full coverage isn’t required on my Honda motorcycle that I purchased through Honda finance either despite it being a 5 year loan" That is a new one on me. Every new bike I've purchased had to have full coverage. Because they used the bike as collateral and wanted to make sure it was covered. For me anyway, full coverage over several years would cost more than the price of the bike. The actual credit card is unsecured credit, like a Visa or Mastercard. Thanks for the information.
  16. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I currently have 3 bikes on my Honda credit card, only have liability and comprehensive, no collision.
  17. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a tube in the Super Cub aluminum wheels?

I'd think not but honestly don't have a clue.
  19. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    give the valve stem a wiggle and see if it’s tubed or not
    Chillis likes this.
  20. ski-line900

ski-line900 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are tubeless
    Chillis likes this.