Honda Super Cub C125

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Oct 26, 2017.

1. BMWzenrider

BMWzenrider The Road Scholar Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Management is not responsible if you travel through time, have sex with your grandmother, and it results in your mother being conceived."
    - Lyle Swan
  2. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    At least you'll be immune to Brain Spawn.
  3. skycart

skycart Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. ski-line900

ski-line900 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. forkintheroad

forkintheroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saw someone close to home riding a new super cub with a grubhub pack on the back, making deliveries. For some reason that was about the most awesome thing i have seen on the road in ages. A new Cub doing what it was invented for after all these decades.

Whoever it is riding a blue cub around Chattanooga making money, hope you're having fun.
  6. ski-line900

Oddometer:
    That's awesome
  7. BMWzenrider

BMWzenrider The Road Scholar Supporter

Oddometer:
    But was he holding the bowl of noodles in his left hand???
    :hmmmmm
    Chillis, wanna bECO and forkintheroad like this.
  8. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I just read the first chapter of the Manga I linked above. It's not bad! Interesting story behind the Super Cub she buys.
  10. BUZZARD II

BUZZARD II Old Geezer

Oddometer:
    Hey, what do you know? I just got my Aerostich winter 2019-20 catalog and there on page twenty is a full page about Rick Germain and his cross country tour on a 2019 Super Cub.

Is Rick on this thread? Anybody know him? I sure would like a ride report on the trip. Lots of thumbnail photos on the page. Well done.
  11. BigIron

BigIron Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer:
    the dealer I inquired to says they’ll have one 12/2.
  12. vintagegarage

vintagegarage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bigiron.. thanks.. 12/2 is less than two weeks away.... maybe I'll have mine shortly after..
  13. LE Trainer

LE Trainer Bad Buddhist

Oddometer:

I’m him....
    hondacubber, Chillis, MYUMPH and 2 others like this.
  14. BUZZARD II

BUZZARD II Old Geezer

Oddometer:
    OK LE Trainer, how about some details? Top speed under packed load, level, uphill? Anything under that sheepskin for more comfort. You know, everything. Spill it.

Glad to see a full page given to something other than a Beemer G/S. Good show, well done. You're now a hero among the Cub crowd.
    MYUMPH likes this.
  15. LE Trainer

LE Trainer Bad Buddhist

Oddometer:

Agreed on the general concept that the industry in general pushes but I’ll defend Aerostich in particular on the focus on the big Starbucks bikes. That’s definitely not the focus of any of the riders there, the owner rides a tree-fiddy daily.

Total mileage was 8,541 over 40 days and included a 5 days when I got snowed in in scenic Bismarck, ND and a 3 day break at home in Rochester, NY as I was passing by during the trip. Trip itself started in Cape Cod, moved up to Maine then west, ultimately to Oregon, Washington then down the coast and to Scottsdale, AZ where she awaits her next adventure. Focus was hitting the 4 ‘lower 48’ states that I had never ridden, as many National Parks and Monuments as possible and whatever else looked interesting as I made my way across.

Top speed (aided by a very long downhill and a 30 mph tailwind) was 74 mph via GPS. Average moving speed was 41. Avoided all interstate travel except for a couple of brief bits that were way too long a detour to get around.

No bike issues whatsoever, did 2 full services and replaced a chain and rear tire during the trip.

I considered doing a full write up but remembered that I hate doing term papers and being retired nobody can make me. ;-)

My Facebook has day by day pics and is not locked down so look me up and start with Sept 20 for the whole story.
    ducatirdr, Chillis, MYUMPH and 2 others like this.
  16. BUZZARD II

BUZZARD II Old Geezer

Oddometer:
    LE. Thanks for the info. About Aerostich, I pulled into their shop in August 2013 while taking the long way home from Sturgis. I wanted to get fitted for the wax cotton suit. I was on my Harley, so naturally, black.

I was wearing my tan lightweight Darian. I had mentioned during a very heavy rainstorm I had looked out among my 500,000 closest friends and saw I was the only Aerostich suit in the crowd. Very weird considering how cold the rain was. The salesman said, yeah we don't get many Harley riders.

Anyway when I was paying for the order I pulled a wad of hundreds out of the Areostich money belt. The clerk was shocked. He said he's sold hundreds of those belts and have never seen one actually used. I also have a very old, very used, 2 piece Roadcrafter. What great gear.

I hope you find yourself bored over the winter and write that paper. It's not bad on a computer what with spell check and all.

BTW, I never liked those either. As a retired police sergeant I guess I've written about 200,000 reports. That's just one of life's surprises.
    Chillis and LE Trainer like this.
  17. ski-line900

Oddometer:
    Checked out some of your pics, that's an awesome trip. Would make a super cool ride report.
    wanna bECO and LE Trainer like this.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Xchemie and Any2wheelz like this.
  19. ski-line900

Oddometer:
    Is the body painted?
  20. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast