1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Honda X-ADV Texas Style

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, May 17, 2019.

1. givit

givit Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. givit

Oddometer:
    Having bought an X-ADV last Oct after falling in love with them while on holiday in Croatia I did enjoy Cab's post. He certainly loved that Big Scoot!
    I do hope everything worked out for him and his wife regarding their move to Hawai. Not sure if you are in lockdown in.the states with this Corvid19 thing as we are here but having moved from the Western Isles to central Scotland just before our own Lockdown bit I can Imagine it might be a difficult time for them.
    As for my own X-ADV750, with 2000 mainly two up miles on the clock I'm getting accustomed to it's quirks and the chicken strips are narrower after every ride.
    Hope it is working out for u Cab.
    Cheers.. givit
  3. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I really liked my X ADV. It's an awesome bike. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine. The DCT is incredible! Possibly the best feature on the bike. A revelation for me.

My wife and I had a tough start in Hawaii. So much so that we ended up taking a break and went back to Texas. But we are now ready for round 2. We should go back in early July. We both miss it quite a bit at this point. And Texas is hot as hell right now.

I have another thread where I talk about Hawaii and scootering:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/scootin-hawaii-a-zoomer-x-edition.1162098/page-7
  4. givit

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the promt update Cab .. as for the DCT system on the ADV .. I agree .. it is very impressive and coupled with the low-down torque from the 750 motor there's only one winner at the traffic-light Grand Prix's :clap

cheers - givit