Honda X-ADV Texas Style

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, May 17, 2019.

1. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Jealous but I also think it cool you ve got something No one else in the usa has. I wouldn't be shocked that if you ever ebay it someone pays you more then you put out for it . But everyone here knows you ll never sell it .
    Chillis likes this.
  2. Buster Grumpy

Buster Grumpy Sucker for "great deals"

Oddometer:
    This is cabanza, ya know!
  3. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Hold my beer :lol3
    neanderthal, Chillis and CaptnJim like this.
  4. theloop

theloop Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would put it on Ebay with a reserve $4000 more than he paid for it and see what happens.
  5. Scooter Addict

Scooter Addict Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If that Honda ADV was available I would definitely buy one. I’m sure if rode conservatively it would be good for 60-64mpg. Honda needs to use DCT technology in its scooter lineup. If the Honda PCX150 had a DCT 6spd it would be a great scooter!
    Oilhed and theloop like this.
  6. CBRider

CBRider Between a rock and a weird place.

Oddometer:
    If the PCX150 had a 6 speed DCT it would be $7000!

:hide

Love your new bike cabanza! Hope you keep this one a while!
    longwaypyder, Chillis and cabanza like this.
  7. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think, do not know, that what limits Honda putting a DCT into smaller bikes is the electrical output of a particular engine. My 2014 NC700XD puts out 420 watts, I don't know how much of that is required for the power needs of the DCT system.
  8. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    You could make money by offer to let the BS ride on the back of it . LOL
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Checked my mail today and found the title in it. Cool! That's it, I got a Texas title to my Honda X ADV. :rayof

While I was in Tahiti, I saw one guy riding one. His was the candy apple red so his was probably a 2019 model. He stood out!
    davide, The Virginian, kpinvt and 3 others like this.
  10. fullmetalscooter

Oddometer:
    :y0!:y0!:y0!:y0!:photog:clap:jack:imaposer
    • :lobby
    • :lobby
    • :grim
    • :dllama:
    The Virginian likes this.
  11. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I went for a ride late morning. It had been too damn long! Still raving about the DCT. It's the best thing ever. I've settled in S1 mode. That's what works best for me. Everything else is peachy too.

Miles of Smiles!

[​IMG]
  12. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did ya get the stand up foot pegs yet?
  13. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    No I haven't. I'm not sure I will. I'm not really an off road guy. I also thought about buying the rear rack and top box but I don't know. I kinda like the way it looks right now. I'm really happy with the Akrapovic muffler though but that was already on the bike. It's actually not something I would have splurged on but I'm glad I have it. It sounds really good.
    Blackshirt and kpinvt like this.
  14. CBRider

CBRider Between a rock and a weird place.

Oddometer:
    All that pretty thing needs is riding!
    kpinvt and cabanza like this.
  15. RRocket

RRocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats!

I'm VERY jealous! :) After my Burgman 400 (which I really enjoyed) I wanted something more sophisticated, luxurios, and more bike like.

The Honda is at the top of the list. I even contacted the president of Honda Canada asking them to please bring it here. This obviously fell on deaf ears.

The new Yamaha T-Max 530 DX is also very high on my list. A nice weight loss, tons of amenities and already a known good handler. I had hoped Yamaha would bring it here...because they had sold the previous version even after USA had stopped carrying it. But again...no luck.

Heck, I think I would have even considered the new Forza! It's supposed to be really good.

In the end, I "settled" on a 2016 BMW C650GT. And only because I got it for an unbelievable price. I'm sure it will serve me will.

But it wasn't my first choice..not by a long shot.

I hope Yamaha and Honda have a change of heart and bring these great scooters over.
  16. Scooter Addict

Scooter Addict Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really don’t think it would be an upcharge of $3300 to make a DCT. It could even be a maintenance free belt drive with cogged pulleys. The PCX150 engine is virtually indestructible and holding it wide open all day will still get you 84-94mpg. If it had a 3gal gas tank, it would be a great economical long distance machine!
    ScooterAddict
    tonymarchman likes this.
  17. Blackshirt

Blackshirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pretty cool scoot!
    cabanza likes this.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I did a day's ride today and went to Austin. I did a total of 370 miles. My average mpg came out to just 60. I rode between 80 to 85 mph the whole time. There was quite a bit of wind so perhaps my gas mileage could have been a little better?

I started with breakfast at my favorite bakery. They are called Mademoiselle Louise. If you are in town and if you like French bakery, this is a must.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Virginian likes this.
  19. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I made my way to Austin and decided I would have lunch at Ski Shores. It's a small restaurant on the water. Lots of hills and turns to get to that place. This is the first time that I used the manual gearbox. I selected "manual" on the right handlebar and passed gears using buttons on the left handlebar. Why? The bike was always one gear too high and I felt I needed more control. The DCT is really amazing. You just push buttons! No clutch to pull, you just push up or down to be in the gear you want. You don't need to come off the throttle either to switch gears. Beautiful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You gotta have the fish tacos!!!

[​IMG]
    joker-b, MYUMPH and The Virginian like this.
  20. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I went to 2 dealerships. I went to Ridenow (previously Woods Fun Center). A sales guy asked me about my bike as soon as I pulled in. He wondered how I was able to get one of those. He was ranting and raving about how cool it looks. I didn't disagree. He then said he's only seen a handful of them in the US. I replied, I doubt it but okay.

I then went to AF1. I thought I'd try my luck and see what goodies they might have. They didn't disappoint.

[​IMG]
    MYUMPH, The Virginian and CaptnJim like this.