Honda X-ADV Texas Style

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, May 17, 2019.

1. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO

Oddometer:
    I've heard that there is a lot less of a chance for helmet-knocking to occur when riding a DCT bike.
  2. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The DCT allows for seamless shifting. I think most bikes would benefit from it. The downside is the added weight so it wouldn't make too much sense on a small bike. I keep saying it: DCT is amazing!
    kpinvt likes this.
  3. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I received my Rizoma pegs today. While I am super excited about them, I found out that the screws that came with them are the wrong ones. I just ordered the right ones from Bike Bandit. I hope they get here fast.

My other problem is that one of the screws for that would help hold the rubber on the peg is stripped. It's a small allen key screw. Any tip on how to get it out?
  4. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I took the peg to a shop and they had to saw a line in the screw so that a screwdriver would fit. It took a large screwdriver and a wrench to get the screw out. I couldn't believe it. When the screw finally gave in, it made a really loud noise. Anyway, all that just to fit the rubber bit in the foot peg. Sheesh!

Now I am waiting for the bits to actually mount the foot peg to the plate. Then I'll screw the plate to the bike.

In the meantime, here are a couple of pics of the Rizoma bits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    wanna bECO, kpinvt and The Virginian like this.
  5. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah I got mÿ Rizoma pegs on! :D

Simply awesome. They give the rider a much better position. I didn't want to go for a ride tonight because of the rain (I got rained on earlier coming back from work). More rain is on the forecast so I may have to wait until Monday - I hope not. So stoked!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    larryboy, The Virginian and kpinvt like this.
  6. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Love mÿ bike!

[​IMG]
  7. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Such a unique and capable scoot... don't let that one get away! :lol3 Just too fabulous a machine.

Bob
    cabanza likes this.
  8. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO

Oddometer:
    We love your bike too. I just noticed that there is no ABS ring on the front wheel.
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    It has ABS for sure. May be it’s the angle from which the pic was taken?
  10. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I took pics of the different riding positions. The motorcycle riding position (with the Rizoma pegs) is by far the most comfortable for me. I never realized the seat was tilted forward until I rode with the pegs. I might have to do something about it, I'm not sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DandyDoug and kpinvt like this.
  11. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I went out for a ride. The Rizoma pegs are amazing! It's a totally different bike now. It rides like a motorcycle plain and simple. You literally go from riding a scooter to riding a motorcycle. I decided to ride through downtown on my way back. There is some really rough pavement. I took the opportunity to stand on the pegs. I am no off roader. Standing on the pegs made riding on the rough pavement pretty smooth. I wouldn't stand on the pegs all the time but I can see the advantage when the road is full of potholes.

My helmet was cold from the AC and shows condensation. Yeah it's still pretty hot down here. It's already 85 degrees at 10 am.

[​IMG]
    DandyDoug, kpinvt, Jeephoto and 2 others like this.
  12. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    That's awesome. I had a Vespa 150 and the main complaint I had with it was that my legs were out in front of me. 30 plus years of riding motos and I prefer the position that the moto pegs put your feet in. I have more control.

Nice bike. I was in Vienna in June, saw a lot of them there.

IMG_0690.JPG
    kpinvt, DandyDoug and cabanza like this.
  13. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeh... but uhm... you kind of have a way of getting rid of things you love :hmmmmm
    Mrs. C being the exception to that rule.
  14. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    May be because she's not a thing? ;)
    kpinvt likes this.
  15. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO

Oddometer:
    Garshdarnit! Now you've done it! Now I want the X-ADV! If I went back to a scooter like the Xmax I would have to give up gripping the tank, or the frunk on my NC700XD. Is it possible to stand up on the Xmax? Never mind, wrong thread to ask that.
    cabanza likes this.
  16. Wdoney

Wdoney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, you can stand up on an XMAX. I do it on occasion when encountering rough spots on some of the roads I commute on.
    kpinvt likes this.
  17. kpinvt

kpinvt OLDnSLO

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting this. I always wanted to stand on the Silver Wing I had but couldn't quite manage it due to the swept back Givi windshield I put on the bike. The windshield came back so far that if I tried to stand I only had a very narrow slice of the floorboards to stand on with my size 12 boots. I substituted pushing on the footrests at the front of the floorboards and back onto the Utopia backrest that was on the bike to get my butt off of the seat, it seemed to help keep the bike stable on rough surfaces. I did that so often I cracked the left footrest. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Road 4. They seem to be the best all around tires for the X ADV. I'm not really planning on taking it off road. They should be here in a few days. Can't wait to see the difference.
    kpinvt likes this.
  19. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Recently came upon this video about the scoot's capabilities

WnRn, kpinvt, Moat and 2 others like this.
  20. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    The scoot in that video looks sinister in all black. Something disturbing to me to see a scooter tearing up the dirt and climbing over things. Reminds me of my youth and taking a Honda CB350 in the dirt... not exactly the best tool for the job. Kudos to the rider in that video, though.