Honda XR350R

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by MZcountryboy, Nov 23, 2007.

1. scalpel

scalpel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 1985 XR600. I want to redo the frame and I need the R-119 paint. Can anyone give me the recipe to mix the correct paint please. My local paint shop in South Africa cannot seem to get the correct make up. Any advise or recipe would be appreciated.
  2. ADV67

ADV67 Alsace rider

Oddometer:
    Google it and look on eBay. I bought my R119 flash red paint on eBay.
  3. Gibster

Gibster high desert roamer

Oddometer:
    Picked this up Friday. Starts 2nd kick. Complete except for Acerbis headlight.
  4. Corky1

Corky1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Gibster

Gibster high desert roamer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20150808_145853405.jpg Light kit on and plated. Bike is in really good condition and didn't need much. Sure in nice loosing 150 pounds when I'm out in desert. IMG_20150808_145853405.jpg
  6. Sidecar Jockey

Sidecar Jockey Bike Doctor

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know where I can buy a NEW (not used) CDI box for my 1983 XR350R? I'm ok with an aftermarket one.

Also, is there a difference between front wheel bearings between the 1985 and the 1982-84 models? I need a set of front wheel bearings, but all the ones I find say that they fit 1985. I know the 1985's were a bit different. Also, mine has the drum front brake, so is that a different set of bearings from the front disc bikes?

Thanks!
  7. Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know a source and/or part number for front brake shoes (drum brake) for a 1983 XR350R? XR's Only seems to only have the rear shoes...
  8. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Heres mine..

An 85 that I raced in the Norra Mexican 1000 Rally.

[​IMG]
    letank likes this.
  9. Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    I finally got my recently acquired 1983 XR350R dual sported, titled, and tagged! I'm planning a 150 mile shakedown ride this weekend, and am hoping to ride the XR350R on a 400 mile overnight ride next weekend.

What MPG and fuel range are you guys getting out of a mostly stock 350R? That info will help me plan fuel stops and/or whether I need to make a mount for my Rotopax gas can on the bike. Thanks!

(my bike has stock jetting but with the pilot screw adjusted 1/4 turn more rich, stock air box, stock muffler, and an UNI air filter)
  10. letank

letank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sharp, a bit late but we could use more details... which tires.... seems like a 650 fork and swing arm.... what about the the rear shock specs....
  11. letank

letank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A bit late, IIRC I did the white rim trail 110 miles with enough to spare... with stock jetting... 40 to 55 mpg depending on terrain.
    Now running larger jets 128 main / 110 secondary carb- and raised needles 1.5 notch -I used washers because my pliers would mangled the e -clip.
  12. GSXR

GSXR Trail Rider

Oddometer:
    That bike is extemely cool wrk2surf. Did you build it? What does it go like? I have never ridden a 350, but owned about 15 various XRs from 200,250,400,500,600 & 650.
  13. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Completely stock motor with low miles... I put on a bigger IMS tank, a free supertrapp and rebuilt shocks/forks by fineline in Utah. There are some things you can do to make it quicker like a flat slide carb and cut the airbox which I did not have time to do. I may have this bike for sale in the next month or two if any of you are interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone interested in buying this bike PM me for details !

ps it went like hell and I actually passed a 450x in a twisty sandy two track.. AND got second in the class and 7th overall.
    ADV67 likes this.
  14. Undercover Poe

Undercover Poe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got it all worked out with my new decals!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PTC likes this.
  15. getonyourbikeandride

getonyourbikeandride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's my almost completed 1985 Honda XR350R...353cc of Honda thumping goodness IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1300.JPG
    ADV67 and szukala like this.
  16. Undercover Poe

Oddometer:
    nice! I love the xr350! Looks just like mine. I see you are in new England, me too! The bike looks great, what's up with the exhaust? Looks so new and shiny.
  17. getonyourbikeandride

getonyourbikeandride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is a stainless steel oversize headpipe from XRs Only. Together with the 36mm flatslide Mikuni carb, she can breath a bit more freely now!
  18. Undercover Poe

Oddometer:
    well it looks great, your bike has the real clean original look about it, the plastics really pop! How did you get them to shine so much
  19. Undercover Poe

Oddometer:
    Installed the ricochet skid plate on my xr350
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nice!!
    getonyourbikeandride likes this.
  20. Cheddarhead

Cheddarhead Perenial Noobie!

Oddometer:
    Pewaukee....Lakes, Rivers, Kettles, and Moraines
    In search of the proverbial Unicorn...

I have an '84 XR350L with a cracked / leaking carb intake manifold. looking either for a replacement manifold...or for a solution that could include a replacement carb, an FI system, etc.

Got an answer that'll let me save this bone-stock original from the parts heap?