1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Hoping for a favour in Regina

Discussion in 'Canada' started by cmattina, Jul 17, 2020.

1. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't remember Assiniboia as being sketchy at all, don't think I said that. Hell, I was born in Red Lake, lived in McKenzie Island, Favourable Lake and Pickle Crow as a kid. The motel I mentioned, on the other hand, was kinda nasty. Nasty as in, bring a 12-ga for the bugs. I was only there the one night, can't recommend alternatives. But hey, that was 3 years ago, maybe it's a flippin' palace now, who knows :dunno

The next day I was in Taber; that place was just weird. Seems to be a lotta hate there, of all kinds.

I've travelled all over N. America, never had a bike vandalized, much less stolen, although I tend to avoid cities whenever possible. But I've seen my fair share of sketchy motels and campgrounds.
    cmattina and gpfan like this.
  2. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're correct, you did not say the town was sketchy. I am not concerned with my bike over night, I would be concerned with my truck and trailer sitting unattended for 2 weeks....

This is the only thing that gave me apprehension of leaving my truck unattended: https://www.assiniboiatimes.ca/news...bout-an-escalation-in-local-crimes-1.24157883
    sturgeon likes this.
  3. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I might be worried too. Dunno what your best bet is - I'm not really a trailer'n ride guy. Maybe a self-storage place?
  4. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is the first time I've done it.

We can a 1200km day in the truck... try that on a xt500. lol

A couple hotels/motels have given us the option. wheel inn never even called me back - i guess they don't want people booking two nights at their hotel - business must be good.

I'll just lock the trailer and hope for the best.

In my experience, in rural areas, some folk see a trailer and go "ooo, nice trailer, finders keepers"

lol
    borderlinebob and sturgeon like this.
  5. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-100 ft N of International Falls, MN
    Bring a battery powered impact and a couple wrenches
    (I know-you already got wrenches packed)
    and remove tires and coupler and stash in truck.
    Trailer locked to truck with stout chain.

Worst case—-
    You got 2 trailer tires and a coupler....:rofl