hot for the Ohlins on the AT? Read on...

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Greg the pole, Aug 7, 2019.

1. NorskieRider

NorskieRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I appreciate the input.

When you revalved the ATAS forks, what did you revalve them with? Same pistons and different shims?

What about putting something like the Ohlins FKA110 30mm piston cartridges into the ATAS forks?
  2. mb300

mb300 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OEM pistons, but I radiused the ports (not at all easy to do on those tiny things) and I partially blocked the 0.7mm bleeds with 0.5mm safety wire. I should have photo'd how I did it, it's not the easiest operation to describe. I'll photo it next time I have the forks apart.

I think that the Ohlins inserts would be a big step in the correct direction....

...but from an economic standpoint I don't know if it would be the best course of action. Putting $1000 worth of Ohlins cartridges into $1100 worth of 45mm ATAS parts tubes might be money thrown away. The ATAS tubes aren't as stiff as I'd like, and I still don't know if they will hold up over time. I'm one of the guinea pigs on the ATAS setup, I'll let you know how they hold up over time.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have rotated my tubes another time and waited to see what the 2020 AT has for suspension.
    Amphib likes this.
  3. Danodemotoman

Danodemotoman Have MC will ride

Oddometer:
    Still maddening with the stiction. 2016 model
    Appeared 4-5k mi. Ridden only on pavement with heavy rider.
    I have the ATAS uppers waiting to go on.
  4. Greg the pole

Greg the pole There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Oddometer:
    SKFs are very good seals and dust seals. I like your attitude. I'm on the same page.
  5. Greg the pole

Greg the pole There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Oddometer:
    link? Is his review as glowing as mine?