1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

How about that Peyton Manning fellow?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by doc_ricketts, Sep 10, 2012.

1. dmac1

dmac1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hahahaha! Appropo that your gesture fits you/your comments....and that gestures are what your team leader is known for. Mr Showoff has some growing up to do and needs to show some class....and passion for something besides showboating. Hell...he didn't even try to recover his fumble when it was 16-10 with about 4 minutes left. He ducked away!! But yeah... thats the ref's fault. LOL

Panther's O line was exposed. Once they couldn't run, due to Bronco's scheme and D line play, they discovered they can't pass block against top notch rushers. Phillip's game plan was stellar. Losing hurts. Making idiotic accusations=trolling. I guess there's nothing better to do in NC.

In beautiful Colorado, we do have something to do....we have a CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE to attend!
  2. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    In the pre-game interviews, Cam definitely came across as egotistical. At the same time, he graciously received kind words from Manning and said that Peyton is in the top 5 QBs of all time. For someone who is renowned by everyone for having fun while playing, he sure was pouty in that final interview. I guess he was sore that he never got to do one of his infamous touchdown dances.
  3. tkent02

tkent02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You want to see the refs change a game's results, go watch the Superbowl where the Steelers "beat" the Seahawks about eight or ten years ago. Then watch yesterday's game and see all the Panthers linemen holding time after time that was never called. Oh yeah, one more thing, quit yer fucking crying, nobody gives a shit..
    GlennR likes this.
  4. MaParkerColo

MaParkerColo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very classy response to an obvious troll.

Take it from true Broncos fans, yes it hurts, ALOT. Nice thing for the disgruntled Panthers fan is that hopefully Cam and the rest of the team learned something from this just like the Broncos did when humiliated by the Seahawks. They have the core in place and can build from it and hopefully return in a year or two.

Did anyone catch Ron Rivera's comments outside the locker room? Nothing but class, he went up a few notches in my estimation. Seems like some of his players and fans could learn from his example.
  5. skortch

skortch mmm... curvy

Oddometer:
    Perfect game plan, just as it was with the Patriots. Sure, the D carried Peyton to the win as they have most the season but he certainly deserved it. What a way to go out! The special teams did great as usual and CJ had a few great runs including the TD.

As for GlennR... wow, dude, stay classy! Did you miss the two fumbles deep in your own territory that resulted in 15 Broncos points? Or your missed field goal, Cam's interception, etc? I generally like Cam Newton. He plays emotional football which can be good or, like the press conference last night, really bad. Hope he learns from it and can mature in the future. (He might want to look to Russel Wilson last year as a good role model.)

I wish someone had given a shout-out to Brock at the awards ceremony - he was key for them making it through the season. He is going to inherit an amazing team and, if he can get the offense clicking like in years past, Denver will be back in the SB.
  6. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey Supporter

Oddometer:
    The game is over and I will remember three things
    1)Brock missing from applause
    2)Von's play and speech on receiving MVP
    3)Peyton's play, maturity, and speech

Oh and I want to hear Steph Curry at the next Golden State game use his class to get Cam to grow up.
  7. Earache

Earache Hola!

Oddometer:
    I kinda expected Peyton to mention him at least once during his post game interview. Brock definitely kept them in it for a few weeks.
    Cam's behavior is hard to fathom, along with his poor grammar. But he's young and will be back. Hopefully with better behavior.
  8. Dan-M

Dan-M Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good defensive game. I was pulling for Denver but do not hate Carolina. I expected Carolina to win.

I was getting tired of everybody canonizing Cam as the next coming and declaring him MVP the moment they won the NFC Championship. If only he were as gracious as a loser as he was pompous as a winner.
  9. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Patriots fan here with no dog in this fight.... Dude, were we watching the same Superbowl?

It seemed to me the best officiated game I saw all season. No way did the refs seem biased, nor was the game decided by calls or non-calls. Denver's defense kicked the crap out of Cam and he (and his coaches) were not mature enough to seem to even try to adjust. If you're a fan, you might hope they focus on improving their play and maturity and not focus, like you, on the wrong reasons for the loss.
    jimco likes this.
  10. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
    And Kubiac/Phillips get the most credit of all. Above is the post I made Sept. 23. 2012 while they were coaching Houston.
  11. Gillus

Gillus High Desert Rat Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    Superman in $500 gold cleats thought he was gonna be the star of the day, was humiliated (got a spankin') and put in his place.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/busines...super-bowl-if-he-wins-mvp-20160127-story.html
    He will be a great QB when the lesson he got Sunday sinks in.

Payton showed his maturity before, during and after the game. Not taking credit but just as a member of a great organization and team of coaches and players.
    Blakebird likes this.
  12. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
  13. highnoonhunter

highnoonhunter Leathersmith

Oddometer:
    I've been a Carolina fan since they became a team. They are my favorite team as a matter of fact. I had my family here with me yesterday and the grand daughter was all over me, so I missed bits and pieces here and there. But I didn't see anything that would make me think it was a fixed, or rigged game. Carolina simply had no answer to the Broncos defense. And another thing, a lot of times calls by the refs will influence the outcome of a game. But if you didn't play well enough to overcome a bad call or two, you likely didn't play well enough anyway.
    And last........................... Carolina is my favorite team, and Cam Newton is a good QB, but he ain't as good as he thinks he is. And his actions make me want to follow another team sometimes.
    Congrats to all you Broncos fan! You have a class act QB!
  14. Blakebird

Blakebird ran when parked

Oddometer:
    you misspelled Kubiak both times
  15. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Immature cry baby PUNK. Its his history and still shining thru under pressure.
  16. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
  17. surly357

surly357 Cochetopa dreamin'

Oddometer:
    That was the first Super Bowl I've seen won with a 'freewheeling' defense and a 'prevent' offense! :-)

I have to think that blowout win over the Cards was the worst thing that could have happened to Carolina...
    ridenm likes this.
  18. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
    But I know how to spell nitpicker on my phone. And if you were an accurate nitpicker you would note that I misspelled his name three times.
  19. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
  20. dmac1

dmac1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're so right! Did you see the stat I posted on Friday that said playoff teams who win by 30+ are 5-23 in their next game? Its partly why I felt pretty good going into this game, but I thought it would take a bit to rein in the Panthers....I'll take the instant throttling though!!!