1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

How about that Peyton Manning fellow?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by doc_ricketts, Sep 10, 2012.

1. surly357

surly357 Cochetopa dreamin'

Oddometer:
    I hadn't seen that, interesting stat!
  2. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey Supporter

Oddometer:
    Replay of the game is on the DISH NFL channel at 10 MST in a few minutes.
  3. Bushyar15

Bushyar15 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man, its taken me this long to post. I'm still in shock. If you look at my previous posts, I'm a Bronco fan, but I NEVER thought this would be the season outcome. Its almost too much of a fairy-tale story to be believed. I mean if you saw this story at the movies, you'd say; "Yeah I know how this ends, the old QB overcomes the odds and wins the Superbowl. Too predictable"... But it really happened. Even writing this I can't believe this fairy-tale story/ending. But I'm happy it happened!!!!

Even though I've watched those great defenses over the years that have dominated the league and Superbowl, I never realized just how much an impact a defense can make till this one. Not just making plays but the intimidation factor that confuses and disables an offense.
    jimmex and Blakebird like this.
  4. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    USA Today article:

After years of dragging bad defenses in big games, Peyton Manning finally got a chance to see what it looks like from the other side.

Manning, as he was all season, was terrible on Sunday. He threw an awful interception that cost Denver points and his fourth-quarter fumble kept the Panthers in the game. The Broncos’ two touchdowns were set up by the defense.

Manning finished the game with a passer rating of 56.6, the fourth worst in Super bowl history among winning quarterbacks. Even Trent Dilfer, the quintessential quarterback-who-was-carried-to-a-ring-by-a-dominant-defense, managed an 80.9 rating in the Ravens’ Super Bowl win back in 2001.
  5. dmac1

dmac1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    TJ Ward "They want to be famous, we want to be Champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football"

Wade Phillips: "A little Dab will do ya, too much Dab will undo ya!! :jack :jack:jack

Who's goin to the parade? :photog I'd love to, but got an appointment.
    Bushyar15 likes this.
  6. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Little short for a Stormtrooper

Oddometer:
    I was going to go but heard on the Fan that they are expecting upwards of a million people. Knowing downtown has parking for about 100,000 there is no way.

My wife's office overlooks the parade route, she is watching from her desk.
  7. Sir Denis Eton-Hogg

Sir Denis Eton-Hogg Tap into America

Oddometer:
    It's a team game
    norton(kel) likes this.
  8. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    I couldn't agree more. My post was in response to Bushy's post, #1350, without calling him out directly. "Peyton didn't beat the Panthers", Broncos as a team of did. Some players contributed a lot more than others, not to name anyone that fumbled, threw an interception and no touchdowns. Cheers!

This was the first Super bowl I watched in many years...for some reason most of them are not the best football games of the year and are rather boring. Just my .02, spend it any way you want.
  9. surly357

surly357 Cochetopa dreamin'

Oddometer:
    A buddy of mine is going to park @53rd or so and ride a bicycle down. Sounds fun, too bad we're shorthanded at work today...
  10. nofendertom

nofendertom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well said Sir Denis---there are 22 starters plus reserves on the team---ALL contributing. Manning as the leader (QB) directs the offense but games are won or lost
    by the TEAM. Newton as well as Brady does not like to be hit---hit them hard(legally of course) and early and it seems to take them out of the game. Denver did
    that in the last games against them and won. A lot of similarities between Newton and Brady---both are extremely talented football players but have the spoiled
    brat mentality of a five year old.
    norton(kel) likes this.
  11. MaParkerColo

MaParkerColo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey now be fair! My five year old doesn't act that poorly in public! :lol3
  12. bmon

bmon Go Thattaway Supporter

Oddometer:
    11:00 AM
    [​IMG]

11:30AM
    [​IMG]

12PM
    [​IMG]
  13. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. nmalozzi

nmalozzi airheaded

Oddometer:
    The parade was pretty cool. Tons of people, but I wondered out of my office at 18th/Champa at 11:30 and had no issue getting into a good spot at 17th/Wyncoop by about 11:45. I wouldn't go near Civic Center though, that place looks like a shit show.
    [​IMG]
    dmac1 likes this.
  15. Blakebird

Blakebird ran when parked

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Bushyar15 and surly357 like this.
  16. jimco

jimco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where's Waldo?
    HellSickle likes this.
  17. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    So many red/orange flowers in that field. Why is that?
  18. MaParkerColo

MaParkerColo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Being stuck in the middle of that just might be my personal version of hell.

Scary thing is my wife and three boys were supposed to be there!
    surly357 likes this.
  19. dmac1

dmac1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So....I was re-watching the game and remembered something that shows that not only did Cam not have the heart to put forth full effort, but neither did someone else.

You'll remember the play...it was the second play of 2nd half and the Panthers had 2nd and 10 from their 20. Cam threw a good pass to Ginn who was open over the middle and it was a footrace between him, Talib and Ward. Ginn ducked out of bounds at the Bronco 35 instead of going about another 5 which is where Talib or Ward would have contacted him.

Imagine Manning's wrath if a player ducking out of bounds well before contact would be made!!!

Just another wimpy play by an overconfident team who thought the game was a gimme. :clap
    Hondo and nwcolorider like this.
  20. KungPaoDog

KungPaoDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought the same thing when I saw that play live. It reminded me of Demarius Thomas:lol3

And to anyone saying that the flags helped Denver, don't forget about the three intentional grounding penalties they didn't call on Cam. And the flagrant holding that went on all game, uncalled.
    Bushyar15 and nwcolorider like this.