How do you bypass a waypoint using the Zumo 660?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Mastery, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Mastery

Mastery Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer:
    On the Garmin Zumo 660, how do you bypass a way-point on a route and get the device to forget about it and direct you to the next way-point that is programmed so it doesn't keep trying to make you turn around and visit the one you intentionally passed?

If I plan a day long route between points A and B, I may have 5 way-points a few miles off the main route to go look at something. By the middle of the day, I'm usually behind schedule and need to skip a way-point. Problem is when I drive by the shown turn, the 660 keeps trying to get me to turn around until I go visit the missed way-point.

My workaround has been reloading the route into the Zumo as I ride and when it asks me if I want to navigate to the start of the route, I pick no. Only then does it track to the next way-point coming up.

I figure there is an easy way to bypass it when it tries to start turning me around, but I'm either missing it in the menu or don't have something set up right.

Thanks.
  2. boney

boney Ride > Post Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know how the 660 does it but I'll include how the 595 does it just in case yous works the same or other people read through...

When navigating the next turn is indicated at the top of the screen. If you touch the distance it gives you the next turn information. Not very useful if you ask me.... If you touch the street name though, it shows you the turn-by-turn directions for the route. The 595 has the route broken down by sections, from one waypoint to the next. At the top of each section, there is a "go to RV123" button while the rest of the section shows you how it's actually going to get there according to the current route. If one were to scroll down to a random waypoint on the route and hit the "go to" button, it re-routes you to that waypoint with the rest of the route to follow.
  3. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    The zumo 660/665 do not have a "Skip" Waypoint feature. The process you are using is about all you can do with that device.
  4. Mastery

Mastery Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply, DRTBYK. I figured that was it...just wanted to confirm with somebody else in case I was missing the obvious. Much appreciate the response.
  5. ontrip

ontrip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually you can modify the route by using the add or remove feature and delete the way point (s)
  6. Simple_One

Simple_One Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, once you have your route calculated with some waypoints (or stops added as 'via'), go to:

Menu >
    Tools >
    Custom Routes >
    Current Route >
    Add or Remove Points

Under this menu you can also reorder points and re calc etc.
    Dan Diego likes this.
  7. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Navigate with tracks, but still display waypoints. But no turn-by-turn information.
  8. wonderings

wonderings Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would be nice to have the option to skip. I have had a few weird routes because I placed a waypoint in BaseCamp without looking closely at where it actually landed (zoomed too far out). Would have me do this square in a downtown area. I learned to just follow it as it was easier then trying to sort it out on the nav itself. It has also caused me to look more closely when creating a route to avoid this situation. Have not had it in a while and my 660 is now a backup nav while I use the BMW Nav V. Not sure if that Nav V is any different in this regard and allows me to skip a waypoint, will definitely be trying it out.