How Long Does It Take To Get The Gobi Bags?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Desmofan, May 20, 2004.

1. Grover

Grover Blinkenlights Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, I've got you beat. Bought the bike with all paperwork done around March 15th, and still waiting for my bags - dealer hasn't been able to get in touch with the KTM rep, who's been notoriously difficult to reach for weeks now. Hmm.
  2. HardCase

HardCase winter is coming

Oddometer:
    I gladly relinquish my record to you, Grover. :nod When I pestered my dealer they checked it out and acknowledged that they hadn't registered my warranty until three weeks after my purchase, and registering the warranty is the 'trigger' that initiates the bag delivery process. If I were you I'd go to the dealership and specifically inquire as to when the warranty was registered.
  3. HardCase

Oddometer:
    Say, this is a bit off-topic, but I was wondering whether there are any soft bags that would attach directly to the rack that comes with the Gobis? I realize that there are lots of sort of generic bags out there that have various straps, padded backs, etc., that can be jury-rigged to different bikes, but I'm looking for something smaller and more compact than the Gobis for just running around town, commuting, or day-trips, that would attach quickly and simply to the existing rack system.
  4. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM makes a nice tail pack that when combined with your tank bag would hold all you need for day tripping or running around town. Only $119 and in stock now! http://www.advmoto.com/ktmacc.htm :thumb
  5. Lone Ranger

Lone Ranger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The write up on that bag says it does a reasonable job of staying on? What does that mean, it only falls off once and a while?
  6. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think that speaks to the fact that it's held on the rear rack by straps similar to the tank bag so don't put a bowling ball in it. Personally, I wouldn't put more than about 20 lbs of gear in it and I'd make sure everything was packed tightly so it wouldn't flop around inside the bag. On a recent Baja trip one of the guys used one on the back of an LC4 and it stayed put even though we rode some realy rough trails and caught much air.
  7. HardCase

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Motozilla, I did check the advmoto site and noticed that they list the bag as being for an LC4, but assume that the straps are positioned so that it works reasonably well on an 8 also, and the price is certainly reasonable. My reason for asking about soft bags of the 'saddle' variety that would attach to the existing framework, however, was concern that a 'trunk' style bag would interfere with the ability to have a passenger. While 80% of my riding is solo, there are times when I do have a pillion, so I'm wondering whether this particular bag would interfere with that?
  8. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    The rear bag sits mostly on the rear rack so it's fairly out of the way in terms of a passenger but not totally. It might make a god back rest but it will take up a few inches of seat depending how you mount it and I've found that the most secure way does. (take 2 inches of seat). There are other soft side bag options on our site but I don't want to sound to much like I'm spamming you thread. :D