How to get google map saved places on to a track

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by radiorental, Sep 27, 2020.

1. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    there are better tools available. :-)
    Patch likes this.
  2. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:

upload the kmz somewhere and I'll look at it. it's probably just basecamp/Garmindevices being dumb.

occasionally there are errors with kmz/kml/gpx files, but it's rare unless you're suffering through basecamp. (sorry I had to rib it again!) ;-)
    Patch likes this.
  3. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  4. radiorental

radiorental Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've a feeling its not basecamp, it's the zumoXT. It has a poorly thought out (to me) way of managing waypoints, save places etc. The design seems to expect you do everything on the device . There doesn't seem to be a pc based equivalent structure for putting things into the categories listed on the device.

Anyway, even if I take the original dirty dog route, the waypoints in that file only appear in Where to > Favourites. I can display them on a map, I can display the track on the main map. I have not found a way to view the favourites on the main map with the track. Here's the original file
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/dirty-dog-route-a-500-mile-ride-through-backcountry-vt.1463735/

My amended gpx with the additional address as waypoints exhibits the same limitations so I don't think its basecamp, google maps or anything I'm doing importing and exporting

thanks!
    ohgood likes this.