How to Modify H4 LED to reduce glare -- This is the one you want.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Jul 16, 2015.

1. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    Read the update on the first post, the new 2018 F2 bulb from Evitek. I have put 2000 miles on the H4 in my bike and I am running the 9006 in my wife's van and my 99 sub. I am very happy with the clean even light patterns and no glare. These are the ones to get if you are looking for an upgrade. Spread the word...
  2. TTBaddog

TTBaddog n00b

Oddometer:
    This looks like a good choice over the latest offering from Evitek, the F2. Is this the generic of what others rebrand? Does it imply that you can slightly rotate the bulb altering the pattern, ie tilting it left to right? They both have the same Lumens, have the fans been problematic on any of the LED bulbs? Aside from price they would appear to be about the same. On my FJR it is a PITA to install bulbs, maybe 3 beers if you have big hands. I would prefer to put em in and get it right the first time!
  3. Grimreaper7

Grimreaper7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have just ordered a further 2 sets of lamps off Cindy, one set of their F2 lamps and one set of their G7 lamps.
    F2 https://evitekhid.en.alibaba.com/pr..._Car_HeadlampBulb_6500K_Car_Headlamp_Led.html
    G7 https://evitekhid.en.alibaba.com/pr...pm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.23.34b662be1xu2Gi
    It's the Chinese New Year holidays at the moment so there's a delay in sending them out to me but I will report back on their relative merits when they arrive.
    I've had no issues with the 2 sets of G6's I already have with regards to fans, they all still work and once the adjustments have been sorted out the beam patterns are quite good, the updated models promise easier set up and better emulation of the halogen H4's filament positioning.
  4. TTBaddog

TTBaddog n00b

Oddometer:
    How exactly does one get in touch with Cindy? I have looked but cannot find the info if the F2 is also available in a HB5 9007 type for my F250. What was the price for the H4 F2 Model?
  5. Grimreaper7

Grimreaper7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The F2's were $39.52 ( I paid for them to be shipped separately to avoid customs fees), the G7's were $46.28.
    At the bottom of the page there's an 'email to this supplier' box, It has Haily Huang as the recipient, she is one of Cindy's coworkers, either deal with Haily or mention Cindy and she'll pass your details across to her.
    She'll give you a price, you give her an email address to raise a paypal invoice against, she will need delivery address and contact number off you.
    Done.
    They do the G6 in HB5 https://evitekhid.en.alibaba.com/pr...spm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.7.4497636aMywm4M which is 40W/4500 lumens.
    Or the T8 https://evitekhid.en.alibaba.com/pr...spm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.1.4497636aMywm4M which is 30W/4000 lumens.
  6. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    Maybe I can explain the small differences. Go get some popcorn.....

First if you have the original H4 3800 with shields, the 7000, the G6, the DEDC, or the new F2 bulb they are all amazing and create DOT compliant beam patterns. This is due to the shield under the low beam. The shield works because the low beam is forward of the focus point. The high beam is closest to the focus point. BUT...

To help understand, get your old mag light and focus the beam to a point. Now, slightly defocus the beam and it will be bigger dot. defocus it more and it becomes a donut with a dark spot in the middle. It only took a very small offset to change this pattern... Lets look under the microscope.

If you measure the distance between the back to back emitters on the 7000 or 3800 they are offset by 0.235 inches. It uses two copper plates on a thick AL heatspreader. Remember the donut. These bulbs have the dark spot in the middle of the high beam.....

xhp50_7000.jpg

The G6 reduced this distance to 0.175 inches. It uses two plates on a thin heatspreader. This one is like the wider spot with no hole.

G6_led.jpg

The DEDC reduced it more to 0.078 inches. It uses two plates sandwiched between two heatspreaders. This one is a more narrow spot.

DEDC_led.jpg

The F2 reduced it to 0.037 inches. It uses ONE plate sandwiched between two heatspreaders. Oh wait..

The Halogen bulb filament is a coil of wire that is 0.068 inches in diameter!!!!

The F2 led emitters are now EXACTLY where the surface of the H4 Halogen filament is !!!

They are the same length of the coil 0.225 inches and are 0.068 wide.

Optically the F2 is the same as the Halogen bulb !!! Except it is way brighter.

It is all about the focus. Now you know.

F2_cut_halogen1.jpg

Time to go for a ride........
  7. frogy

frogy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will ad to this thread. I have a Mazda 5 that has great projector headlights, the only downfall is how hard it is to get to the H7s. Last year I started looking for LEDs and found this site. Installed the G6s and was not impressed at all. Sharp cut off, and distance compared to the Halogens was terrible. Luckily one burned out sooner than I thought it would so tried the newer F7s a couple weeks ago. Big improvement to distance and I did not have to tilt bulb to get proper beam. I like how I can rotate bulb in bracket to get perfect light pattern, but wish there was a little more light spillage over the top- still too sharp a cutt off. All in all a much improved bulb, just hope this one lasts a LOT longer...did I say how hard it is to get to bulb.
  8. frogy

frogy Long timer

Oddometer:
    OOOPs, Thats F2s I installed
  9. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    The 10 degree bulb tilt is H4 specific. All the other styles do not have this feature. DOT spec allows about 10% light spillage over cutoff. So add some aux DRL leds, or fog leds, or flash back (white/amber) turn signals that will fill in the shadows.....
  10. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

I wonder if those 10% is regardless of light output of the bulb in question. Guess it only applies to halogen bulbs? :dunno
  11. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    10 % is not stated but is derived from the low beam tables for both incandescent and halogen worst case. It was my observation. The real consistent number is at 100 feet, 700 cd MAX at 1U, 1.5L to L (where the eyes of the on coming driver would be). So the brighter the light the lower the percentage. Oh and 700 cd is really an obnoxious amount of light. Real numbers are much less than this.....
  12. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    This is the thread that started it all.

It took a while but now I have a DOT compliant H4 LED that actually creates a beam pattern just like the H4 halogen bulb.... Thanks to all who helped with this....
  13. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    For those of us who skipped the drama- what is the final outcome? which bulb?
  14. magwych

magwych Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seriously, Dude? You dont have far to scroll up ...
  15. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    There's been umpteen hundred bulbs discussed on several threads, and a dose of internet drama llama thrown in for good measure, so I quit reading. Now there is the latest and greatest DOT compliant bulb. That is in addition the the F2 Eviteks. I don't have the bandwidth to run through them all right now.
  16. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just glanced through what i thought were the relevant posts and have trouble following which bulb is being talked about when. REALLY sucks that the forum software doesn't show edit information anymore...
  17. petertakov

petertakov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What do you mean "now" you have - what about the previous versions? Were they not DOT compliant and didn't they create a pattern "just like the H4 halogen bulb"?
  18. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Better than a sitcom on the telly... :lol3
    Given up the argument about dangerous light coming from the led emitters?

Reckon you should start a thread on your own, where you can preach about the glorious halogen bulb.