How to Modify H4 LED to reduce glare -- This is the one you want.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Jul 16, 2015.

1. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    It is the same bulb. We were getting it direct for $39.xx per pair.

Ebay is more because of the extra (middlemen) transaction fees. They upgraded the chip to a higher powered chip. I will be getting some in a few days. I will measure the differences. Now everyone can find it.
  2. Dirtwannabe

Dirtwannabe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oops, I stand corrected. I thought the original source was $39 for ONE bulb.

.......Wow, $39/pair.......that's REALLY reasonable. :super:thumb
  3. Shigeta

Shigeta Much too curious

Oddometer:
    Oops. There must have been something missed in translation. I think I just ordered 4 pairs...
  4. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    I bet you have friends with motorcycles who will buy the extras off of you.

I created a new thread and someone moved it to the trash can.... Somebody, is not happy...
  5. JensEskildsen

JensEskildsen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sucks, just purchased one for around 50 shipped :( Oeh well...
  6. Maoule

Maoule Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Easy there, Spidey...you're doing a great job; don't start making aluminum foil hats.
  7. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    I think they over compensated on the twist. The ST has slop so I was able to make it level without any effort. If the twist is at the stops you can bend the driver side shield up and the passenger side shield down a few degrees to make it level. I am having the same issue with the DRZ housing. Or if you over torque the bulb, It will push past the stop (with out breaking anything) and you can get it level. I tried this on three bulbs with out breaking the plastic nubs. The mounting ring is flexible enough that there is no damage.

If you twist the fan 1/8 a turn CCW and pull, it will come out of the mount. You can adjust the two wings that are under the low beam element. You only need to move them 5 degrees to level out the beam. It is just a nudge to get this change. if you do not want to move the wings. Reinsert the light into the mount and turn it 1/8 turn CW till it stops. Then continue twisting the fan housing just past the stop another 5 degrees to get it level. It will work. You do not have to do anything to your light housing or bike.

I gave feed back to the manufacture about this inconvenience. They will look into it. I also heard back that they are working on a "yellow" version. I asked what they meant by "yellow" since I know that some are still looking for a lower color temp.
  8. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    Here is a Third way to fix the level issue with the G6. I suggested that they just move the pin locations by a few degrees. In the mean time a few of you got these lights. So if you are careful with an small sharp knife you can trim the small plastic pins in the mounting ring. The two pins are different sizes to prevent you from mount the light upside down. I split each pin in half. See photos. I marked the side to remove in red (center photo). I did the same on both sides. The picture on the left is the original. the picture on the right is after it was trimmed. This was enough to get it level.

mountTrimG6.jpg
  9. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    below is the DRZ low beam pattern G3 on top and G6 on the bottom.

DRZ_G3_G6.jpg
  10. jjxtrider

jjxtrider questionable

Oddometer:
    Wow nice sharp cutoff . Just for some more info ,the DRZ headlight is the same as the the '96 -n-up DR650's also so this covers those as well .
  11. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    Tempted to try a pair in the Vstrom. It already has owsome lights.
  12. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    Any idea if these lights be made available on Amazon.ca and eBay.ca?
  13. worwig

worwig Long timer

Oddometer:
    I stole your picture spiderman..... :wave

Could someone let me know how much space is needed in the headlight bucket? I would like a rough measurement from the mounting plate, to the back of the heatsink. I have a limited depth in my headlight shell on one bike.

G6_mounting.jpg
  14. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered a pair last night, one is going in a te630 and the other in a dr350. I received a pair of the latest Cyclops "convertible" bulbs (the ones with a small shield under the low beam emitters) for Christmas and installed them in my van, they do have a cutoff, but it's pretty fuzzy. Curious to see how these compare (for 1/3 the price!)
  15. Brun

Brun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived yesterday. Here you go, Worwig - it's 1.75 inches or 44mm:

[​IMG]

The fan sucks air from the rear, by the way.
  16. Mikie1

Mikie1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What headlight is THAT?!? How many watts, lumens, etc?
  17. BobPS

BobPS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, The Letter J, how is this bulb in TE 630? Can you please share your experience...like how much better is it compared to the stock bulb? I need better light on my TE 630 and plan to buy aux led lights in the future, but if this bulb works in TE 630 headlight then I may not need to buy aux led lights.
  18. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I have a halogen bulb in my TE610 housing and if I keep it on high while not moving very fast, it'll melt the top of the reflector after awhile. I'm guessing that an led isn't much better in there as I've heard they put out a lot of heat also.
  19. BobPS

BobPS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Baroquenride. I have to keep that in mind, especialy since I spend a lot of time riding at slow speed in traffic jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. worwig

worwig Long timer

Oddometer:
    I suspect the LED system would prevent this. They operate at a lower wattage, plus that have the aluminum heat sink to pull the heat out of the reflector to the back of the unit, where a fan blows on it. They get warm, maybe VERY warm, but nothing like a halogen bulb.