How to solve helmet hot spot problem

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by S21FOLGORE, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
  2. Gone Troppo

Oddometer:
    I am in the market for a replacement for my NXR/RF1200...will be looking at an X14.
  3. workerB

workerB Running shoes NG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've gotten lots of help here on advrider, just trying to share something I've learned. I posted in this thread earlier about the sanding to eps I had to do to my Icon Airmada size Medium helmet so I wouldn't have a hotspot middle of my forehead.

I got an Arai signet x size Medium. No hotspot, no sanding needed. Both helmets were described as long oval shape. But, revzilla phone rep said they had found long oval not to be true description of the icon airmada. This may be a moot point; revzilla shows that helmet as discontinued now anyway.

My head circumference is 22 3/4 inches or almost 58 cm. My ci .81. I find the signet x to be roomier side to side than the icon, easier to put on, even though it arai signet x is long oval. The local motorcycle store salesman said the icon is supposed to be that tight and hard to get on. No, it doesn't have to be .

Arai is money. I may try a LS helmet in future, to save money, but I wanted to try Arai first, it sounded like a good bet for hotspot solving with no sanding needed.

Here is my thinning hair head.
    20190705_082001.jpg
  4. Gone Troppo

Oddometer:
    Update - tried on an XSpirit 3 (X14) and a new NXR (RF1200) in the shop yesterday - the XSpirit3 actually feels more comfortable...

So, a white X spirit it is...