Hp2

Discussion in 'Australia' started by mike cummins, May 23, 2006.

1. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gday gsjam. Long time no see but sounds like we'll catch up at Desert Raid 2019.

The previous owner of my HP2 customised the luggage racks by chopping and welding a Ventura top rack onto the Holan pannier racks. He did a good job.
    [​IMG]

Over the years I've mcguyvered a couple of cheaparse mounting arrangements for my GSA top case as well as my pelican case. Just like all cheaparse fixes they looked crap and only 'just' did the job.

Yesterday, I found these on the Ventura website.
    [​IMG]
    They're specifically made drop in to the upturned rack holes to enable a top rack plate to be fitted. So I'll buy them and get a small mount plate CNC'd for the GSA top case rack to attach to.

Then I'll fabricate a couple of support arms which will bolt to the under-mudguard cross brace and connect to the rear end of the GSA top case rack (see yellow line). Hopefully it'll work out ok.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All going to plan, I'll have the GSA top case plus a choice of either the GSA panniers or my Mosko soft panniers depending on the ride I've got planned.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    59DEN and sandgroper like this.
  2. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good plan. I'm guessing you'll be attaching the top rack to the Holan pannier racks. Good move if you are because it seems Holan are the only pannier racks still available.
  3. lurkin

lurkin Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a complete rack for sale on the Facebook HP2 site if interested...
  4. lurkin

lurkin Long timer

Oddometer:
    465607D5-2F7B-4D91-95E4-DFF3A51773CD.jpeg

Scrubs up alright:jkam... must do that again sometime :hmmmmm
  5. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    In June I bought the 2nd last WP conversion kit on the planet. Fitted up easy, plug n play, and now running a sweet set of WP48's.

Assisted a fellow inmate from Sydney(?) to buy the last conversion kit ex USA, so that's it for plug n play conversions I reckon. The maker of the kit says he won't be doing any more.

Also did some mcguyvering to get the GSA top box to fit in a much sturdier way than previously. Nice result. Now have the choice of my Mosko Backcountry soft luggage or the GSA hard luggage.

Can't believe I came within a whisker of selling my HP2 back in Feb. Musta been having crazy thoughts. All good now, sanity prevails, the fun continues.

[​IMG]
    59DEN, richo360, Boxa and 11 others like this.
  6. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    The minimalist HP2 certainly looks the best of the breed! The others are all fat sisters of differing girth.
  7. z00l

z00l Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @farcall Tnx for assistance mate. Mine kit is still not installed, still trying to decide should I go WP single calliper route or double radial route with KTM 790 ADV forks ;). Anyhow kit is thing of beauty.
    farcall likes this.
  8. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    100%.

I had 1x R1200GS & 2x R1200GSA. Loved riding them both but for my skill level, when fully loaded to go to the remote parts of WA, they were just too hefty. I tried.

As pictured but minus the fuel bladder, I reckon my HP2 would weigh roughly the same as an unladen GSA.
    Farmer Roy likes this.
  9. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    The single rotor works really well for me.

If you go the dual caliper route make sure you get the brake lines with the forks. Unless you can find a second hand set, they are expensive things to buy new or even more to custom make at places like Enzed.
  10. Hill Billy

Hill Billy Part-time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I didn't know there was a plug and play kit available. Who supplied that?

Yep, I can't imagine even thinking about getting rid of mine, until I'm too old to ride it.
    59DEN and farcall like this.
  11. mnmlst

mnmlst mnmlst

Oddometer:
    I’v been searching’ pretty hard for the Ohlins ‘drop in’ cartridges. Having no luck...
  12. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats a really nice looking set up, well done Farcall.
    I'm assuming the WP's were a dramatic improvement?
    farcall likes this.
  13. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    Private initiative by an enthusiast called Bobby Wooldridge from Altlanta USA (aka Some Dude here, but not seen on Advrider since Jan 2018). He also happens to be the owner or boss of BMW Atlanta. I enquired with his Parts Manager if there would be any more batches made up... he asked and Bobby said no. Maybe give BMW Atlanta a call, you never know (edit: that's what I had to do to get the ball rolling. Emails went unanswered until I called)

This is the kit (not including the steering stem bearing)
    [​IMG]
  14. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    Early signs are, yes, huge improvement although I haven't pushed them. Might tweak the rebound after I've done more kms.
    richo360 likes this.
  15. z00l

z00l Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @farcall Yep, there are a lot of thing I need to figure out. Brake lines are one of them. Wheels, spacers, callipers. It will be fun project :).
    If anyone need I found nice supplier of brake and clutch lines from Germany. They can make custom ones. I have purchased rear brake line, braided one, and clutch line because I have installed radial clutch master cylinder. Long story :).
    Anyhow, www.probrake.de is company. All products are certified.
    Cheers.
    farcall likes this.
  16. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some old farmer I spotted @lurkin once!!:D
    100_1057.JPG
  17. lurkin

lurkin Long timer

Oddometer:
    :pope
    Faaaaark , long time ago Dave ... guessing on our way to the TTT in ...07 ? Everything very shiny and new ( ish) :hmmmmm
    sidetrack one likes this.
  18. Hill Billy

Hill Billy Part-time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Shane
    I have already got the WP's on mine, cobbled together with some bits from Emig. If I knew this was available it might have made things a bit easier.
    farcall likes this.
  19. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    That farmer chap again!:D
    DSC04083.JPG
  20. Out6ack

Out6ack Whale Rider

Oddometer:
    20190822_190836.jpg
    What are those shiny pipes coming out of the fuel tanks? :D
    troy safari carpente likes this.