Hudson Bay ride this summer

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 98rxcmi, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Big Doug

Big Doug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, there's a few bike shops in Amos...here's one that I know about. You might want to pre-arrange the tire change with them.

BTW, they have a 5 lb sledge, but they use it on assholes, not bikes, mon ami.

Massicotte & Boudreau Inc (Yamaha)

211 Rue Principale S, Amos, QC, Canada<!-- -->

<!---->Phone: (819) 732-4677
    <!----><!----><!---->
  2. bradatlarge

bradatlarge Insha'Allah

Oddometer:
    Hey! You callin' me an asshole? Be nice, this ain't jo-mama.

I didn't say that a French-Canadian mechanic with a 5lbs sledge was a BAD thing....specificly the one I was reffering to was a *VERY* good thing, as he whacked my dislodged and bent Jesse bag back into place with said sledge.

Yes. Amos. Good point. Didn't think about that. Amos certain is the place. By the way, check out the little hotel across from the Canadian Tire, with the *HOT* hotelier running it (see my trip report linked above)

:clap
  3. Marrakesh Red

Marrakesh Red Banned

Oddometer:
    Gentelmen:

I have spoken with this company and discussed drop shipping tires to them directly. I was assured that they would be happy to receive them and provide me with tire changing service at a rate of $64/hr Cdn. I was give an estimate of 1.5 hours for the work. They will also slime the tubes if you want them too.

They are not an authorized BMW service center so they do not have certian parts at there disposal such as oil filters; etc...

They answered the phone in French but I asked if they speak English and there responded good English.

They were very nice and easy to deal with IMHO
    I'm sure that they may even have some great trip suggestions for day trip excursions or alternate routes in the area.

HARRICANA AVENTURES

211 Principale Sud
    AMOS, PQ
    J9T 2J5
    (819) 732-4677 Voice
    (819) 732-0774 Fax
  4. Big Doug

Big Doug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Before you order up your tires to ship there, they are a motorcycle dealer, dealing with all of the big distributors (Kimpex, Thibeault, Motovan, Parts Canada)

Try asking them for a quotation on the tires, filters, etc. As long as parts are in stock, they can probably get them for you just as fast at comparable prices, they eat the shipping costs, etc. It may be a little less hassle to go that route...
  5. Marrakesh Red

Marrakesh Red Banned

Oddometer:
    You are correct.
    I will give the dealership the first opportunity.

Thank you for your input:freaky
  6. Marrakesh Red

Marrakesh Red Banned

Oddometer:
    You are correct.
    I will give the dealership the first opportunity.

Thank you for your input:freaky
  7. r1100roy

r1100roy go far go fast

Oddometer:
    I've enjoyed your posts, and am excited and anxious as I go to the North Road next week. Your info was very helpful, and I'll let you know how the trip goes. My 3 brothers and I are going, from NH, and I am the only one without adventure/dirt experience. They have all been to Mexico, Latin America, Australia, Costa Rica, etc. 2 of us on KLR's, one a Honda Transalp, and the other a Honda XR650.
  8. r1100roy

r1100roy go far go fast

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that was for Bradatlarge
  9. bradatlarge

bradatlarge Insha'Allah

Oddometer:
    Did I mention that a few words of french help up there? Greetings mostly.

Anyhow. Thanks for the note here and comment on my blog. I'm glad to help. Definitely post a trip report and keep this thread alive with any further info.

I'm fairly mystified with that part of the world after my trip last summer.

Enjoy~~~

:clap