Hugellandschaft Adventure Ride June 6-7, 2020 NW Illinois

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Gerken, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Gerken

Gerken If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is correct. Tent only sites are non reservable and they will never turn you away. There is all kinds of space in the back area.
    ATKinRC and bomber60015 like this.
  2. C.John

C.John Epic Ride Report Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Since I tend to show up every other year I better make an appearance this year. The significant other has decreed that she's coming also so I think I'll be leaving the KLR at home and joining @Daleah and his merry band of road warriors on the Crosstourer.
    Plus I've slowed @bomber60015 down enough when riding gravel over the years that he'd probably die of boredom if he had to ride herd on Dana and I going even slower 2up on the KLR.

See you all this weekend.
    bomber60015 and Daleah like this.
  3. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:

You guys campin? It’d be nice to see your faces!
  4. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fair warning @C.John, we are going to cross the Cassville ferry, so that's about a mile of gravel. Was not bad at all a few weeks ago. Also taking a short trip out to the Potosi Rec. area, which is another mile of gravel (1/2 mile out and back). other than that, all paved.
    C.John likes this.
  5. C.John

Oddometer:
    If by camping you mean hotel, then yes.
    But we'll definitely be at the camp ground Friday evening to see your 6 foot away mug of a face.
    bomber60015 likes this.
  6. C.John

Oddometer:
    No worries, plenty of gravel miles under my belt, just don't want to slow down the dual sport guys this year. Thanks for the heads up though.
    rizzo27 and Daleah like this.
  7. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Linda and I just arrived, 20200604_143818.jpg here till Monday......or Tuesday.

Going on a little pedal bike ride yet today.
    William42, Bultaco206 and bomber60015 like this.
  8. Sven Asmus

Sven Asmus n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi there,
    I am in Schererville and will leave around 2 pm Friday. Text me at 630-6990900 if you want to connect.
    Sven
  9. Gerken

Oddometer:
    I see a lot of cool toys in this photo. Looks like I found my campsite to crash Friday night.
    sieg and bomber60015 like this.
  10. sieg

Oddometer:
    We're all about toys. First time in Galena. Rode just short of 20 miles on bicycles around town and on the trail to the river. Totally awesome, neat old buildings, great sights, but the hills......fun on the down side, so that's half of it. Haven't started the motorcycles yet but it's already been worth the price of admission.
    Thanks for doing what you do Gerkin, I've set up a few of these and know how much time goes into it. Look me up, may not give you a bunk but I'll for sure give you Bud Lite and/or Jack Daniels.
    Themastermike and bomber60015 like this.
  11. dhollenberg

dhollenberg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m planning on heading out by 9 am. Mostly following the Mississippi River to Galena. I should arrive at the campground early afternoon(ish).
  12. ScottFree

ScottFree Long timer

Oddometer:
    Being the proud owner of a 24.5 horsepower Royal Enfield Himalayan (and 66 years old with far too many orthopedic issues to enumerate), I hereby volunteer to perform that essential function. :lol3

Did a little shakedown ride this afternoon, with my camping gear for the weekend:

CampingPack - Edited.jpg

Thanks to abovementioned age and orthopedic adventures, I do not sleep on the ground in a twelve-ounce backpacking tent that is exactly 3.8 percent larger than the coffin I will eventually inhabit; my camping gear includes a "4-man" tent (11 pounds) and a "Roll-A-Cot" that is the absolute bomb for comfortable sleep (which means my psychotic--I mean, sciatic--nerve will only wake me up three or four times each night) but weighs ten pounds and is something like three and a half feet long when packed. There are times I feel I need a "WIDE LOAD" banner on the back of my bike... Anyway, the Wee Beastie passed the shakedown with flying colors, so I will see y'all at The Palace. It'll be interesting to see how (or if) the place has changed since I was last there in 1977.
    bergoff, bomber60015 and C.John like this.
  13. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving the Quad Cities shortly after lunch. Depending on how long it takes to get sorted and loaded. I'm probably bringing way too much, but I'm driving so I have room.

And while I know that the weekend is all about riding, I'm really surprised nobody had thrown down any mini-golf smack talk yet.
  14. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:

You n me, bud! Pokey lil puppies!
  15. Gerken

Oddometer:
    20200606_115438.jpg
    Slurp and Burp is open for lunch. Sticker supply is plentiful.

Attached Files:

Themastermike likes this.
  16. Myll

Myll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Slurp and burp has good food and cold beverages. It's unfortunate the welcoming interior cant be used. Looking forward to this years tracks at a later date once work calms down
  17. sieg

Oddometer:
    Rode the whole thing, 8 AM to 5 PM with all the POI stops, 240 miles. Rode the lawless bridge, the rutted hero section, and the road closed. Only thing we bypassed was the private road at the depot. Great ride. Linda lead the whole day, set a good pace and only blew a couple turns.
    20200606_120717.jpg
    Got to cut her some slack for dabbing in the mud hole as her tires are about bald. She does ok for a girl.
    20200606_182841.jpg
    Cleans up good too.
  18. bergoff

bergoff n00b

Oddometer:
    Linda did a great job on the hero section. We followed you guys for awhile until we needed fuel and went to Pearl City.

Here are a few photos I took of you guys.

Attached Files:

SIGIE and shortbritches like this.
  19. bergoff

bergoff n00b

Oddometer:
    4C7A6B1C-8D6A-414C-855D-5F684213DB89.jpeg 17E206EC-AA90-416B-B15E-D1042F3EECAD.jpeg ECED75A5-0058-4464-8D1A-1AC465C0347C.jpeg This was my first year attending the ride. It was so much fun. I wish I could join tomorrows ride.
    shortbritches likes this.
  20. Gerken

Oddometer:
    I have a set of Givi luggage keys at site 89. Also someone left a really nice Petzl head lamp here last night.