Hugo Moto - our of business. What now ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tim Christy, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Tim Christy

Tim Christy n00b

Oddometer:
    So I finally get a donor bike for a scrambler project , 2008 HD sportster 1200 custom . And the place that makes the kits goes out of business ! This is BS.

Now what do I do ? I need a peg relocation kit bad ! Anybody know of others building parts ?

Attached Files:

2. VX Rider

VX Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. CopyCat

CopyCat I am NOT like the others Supporter

Oddometer:
    Search Sportster ADV scrambler. There are more than several builds out there, most of which include peg relocation.. The one I used was from Shane at Chainsickle. I was OK with them, but @villageidiot had some pretty big quality issues
    villageidiot likes this.
  4. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really wish the peg relocation came in even remotely up to snuff. But it was way out. And worse was his willingness to admit and or offer a replacement or a solution.

Still wish I had lowered rearsets on the bike. But it’s ok.
    CopyCat likes this.
  5. tomdubya

tomdubya n00b

Oddometer:
    I think you can still buy that part...just saw it on their website. My problem with them is, I plunked down $4400 2 months ago, just received the PRK and skid plate..missing some parts for them. Got the head pipes with no mufflers, got a rear sprocket with no front sprocket or fasteners, no handlebars, no luggage rack or fork brace. I did get my shocks and fork upgrade parts..yay! Ive got enough to start this build, most of this stuff I can get from Lowbrow Customs and others. I'm just looking for someone who has done this build to compare notes with...some bolts / fasteners in the instructions just don't seem accurate .
  6. Jungle Biker

Jungle Biker n00b

Oddometer:
    I too, am looking for a good set of "lowets" for my '98 Dirtster build. I might be able to make them if I had some good pictures. I've looked at the Chainsickle ones and they are so-so. The ones used by Biltwell on their "Spare Parts Scrambler" look just about ideal. They look quite a bit like the Hugo Moto ones, but different. Anybody got any pics of a Hugo Moto peg relocation kit, preferably off the bike?
  7. Jungle Biker

Jungle Biker n00b

Oddometer:
    Turns out the Biltwell Frijole racer and Spare Parts Scrambler used modified Hugo Moto footpeg kits.
  8. tomdubya

tomdubya n00b

Oddometer:
    Jungle biker..
    Look up TGS Precision, they machined many parts for Hugo Moto. They're in Tennessee.
    No guarantee, worth a shot.
    TW
  9. Fabiodriven

Fabiodriven Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey all.

My Sportster build is coming along fantastic, except for one major hang up. I NEED to get my hands on some foot controls. I'm not interested in anything but the correct foot location. I saw the Chainsikle sets and after begging Shane to make me a set over two weeks ago, I can't can't even get in touch with him anymore. To boot, I'm not crazy about how those look. They just seemed to be my only option.

As I read about the quality issues on here I'm even less interested in the Chainsikle sets now. The pegs are my last item to conquer. I need to figure something out here. I just left a message with TGS Precision, the company suggested in the post above mine, so we'll see what they have to say.

Is this all the options we have? Are there really this few? I've gotta figure something out here. Thanks guys for reading and I hope someone might have some suggestions.