HUMP DAY RIDES: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (Every Wednesday, Rain or Shine)

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by GeoMoto, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Fat Nelly

Fat Nelly poking the bear 24/7

Oddometer:
    Yep, decided to ride some legal trails with this great group of dedicated fun seekers. You can't go wrong hanging out with the Flying Monkeys. Recommend more of you get out on Wednesday nights and ride with them. No Starbucks, No annual beer drinking rally's to mooch MOD rear ends :tush, just riding dirt bikes with good people. With the volume of riders it could even be broken up into several nights to better fit everyone's schedules???. Still missing our Thursday night rides. Ya'll figure it out why don't ya.

Still looking forward to you, Jerry and I running that mining trail up the back of Palomar Divide again. :deal

Stay safe to all and see you on the trails!
  2. Norty01

Norty01 Occupant

Oddometer:
    Rode thru the bustling metropolis of Fallbrook on the way home...
    61112150702__6268A346-F888-4AFD-8507-57F6992AAF49.jpg
    MVP and GeoMoto like this.
  3. TemeculaTim

TemeculaTim Timiteo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Bummed I missed it....Last 2-weeks have been full-throttle again for me with work.
    Fat Nelly and GeoMoto like this.
  4. MVP

MVP Orange County Dirt Noob

Oddometer:
    My rear tire is worn down a good bit in the middle. I was thinking about bringing it in my truck next week so I don’t have to do too much pavement from OC. You guys know a good staging area to stash my truck out there? I was thinking Walmart. Idk if Wrench would be cool with me leaving my truck there if the meet is there again.

Thanks,
    Mike
    breakdirt916 likes this.
  5. GeoMoto

GeoMoto Head Flying Monkey

Oddometer:
    We are riding Bedford this week. I am not sure where to park in Corona for that one.
    MVP likes this.
  6. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Hump Day #139 Bedford to Santiago Peak
    May 20, 2020

Adventure Bike Ride
    Casual, "Unorganized" ride up to Santiago Peak via Bedford Motor Way. Big bike focused, however open to all bikes and riders. This is the perfect area for noobs to gain the skills and build confidence necessary to tackle their future off road adventure rides.
    Meet at the Arco Gas Station!
    Kickstands up at 5:45!
    Mostly rough dirt roads. Three or Four sections of rocks that will provide small challenges.! 50/50 tires recommended.
    Thanks, Jesse Kimball
    Rever Link: https://a.rever.co/rides/1639449
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/927973347630070/
    CA Stu likes this.
  7. SenorCollin

SenorCollin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since this weeks ride is going up Bedford, you would probably be safe just parking your truck on the street in the neighborhood right next to it.

You could also ride up Maple Springs from the OC side and meet them where the trails intersect, and head up to Santiago Peak with the group from there.
    MVP and GeoMoto like this.
  8. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Bring a wind breaker for Santiago Peak. It gets cold up there.
  9. MVP

Oddometer:
    Thanks to the sweepers for being so cool. They weren’t pushy at all even though I was slowing them down. I had to turn around before the top and go back down. I didn’t feel confident in an uphill section.

When I got back down to the bottom I realized why I had so little confidence in my ability to go uphill. My clutch was slipping. Time to replace them!

Thanks for being easy going guys! I hope to tag along again once I get it all sorted.

7F6FB37C-11C0-46A7-ACAF-DFC3293C9F4C.jpeg
    Fat Nelly and GeoMoto like this.
  10. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Thanks for coming out and hope to see you next week! DBB3F191-3061-4C19-AC0B-8B1372C70854.jpeg
  11. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Hump Day #139 Santiago Peak
    147F222B-A9EE-4355-9132-1FD9E14E9970.jpeg 779DD3F6-EB64-4654-B4D7-A456C3411A41.jpeg 0EAC9643-C594-404A-9E29-C55AB98CF4D6.jpeg FCDE28BD-3F8C-4D07-A74E-E45909E1BD16.jpeg 52BB94AC-7FA0-4799-9E27-31B2C2E0FD87.jpeg
    NSFW, MVP, Fat Nelly and 3 others like this.
  12. SenorCollin

SenorCollin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That last section is as rocky as ever, I see! How was the rest of the trail?
    GeoMoto likes this.
  13. Fat Nelly

Fat Nelly poking the bear 24/7

Oddometer:
    I'm bummed I missed you guys. I was the single rider that rode up from under the trees, you guys waved me over but I had to go talk to some friends out on the overlook. When I came back to say hello all of you were gone. 40 guys on dirt bikes just disappeared??? I see the photos above so I couldn't have imagined it. This was a huge group of guys making the trek into the "sucky forest" or the "forest that sucks" whichever you prefer.
    GeoMoto and breakdirt916 like this.
  14. MVP

Oddometer:
    Rutted and rocky. I feel like the maple springs side is easier. The part where I turned around was an uphill section that seemed to be pretty rutted and loose from all of the jeeps. I watched the guys go up and there was a lot of rear wheel bouncing all the way up.
  15. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Huh?

Oddometer:
    Wish I could make these, but I'm still working and don't get off until about the time you all head out and I'm an hours drive away.
    GeoMoto likes this.
  16. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Hump Day #140 Skills Practice at Wildomar OHV
    May 27, 2020

Adventure Bike Ride
    Hang out and learn/ride from other riders. NO FORMAL TRAINING.
    Riders helping Riders.
    Casual, "Unorganized" get together at the Wildomar OHV riding area. Big bike focused, however open to all bikes and riders. This is the perfect area for noobs to gain the skills and build confidence necessary to tackle their future off road adventure rides.
    Bring water and a few snacks. Skills practice really is more of a workout than your average ride and Wildomar OHV will have you muscling your bike through lots twists, turns, steep climbs and steep descents. We will bring some cones to set up some riding circles in the parking lot. Make sure you are well hydrated and have a snack so that you have plenty of energy for the ride home.
    Bring $5 to pay for the Wilderness Pass/Fee at the gate if you don't have a pass already
    Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/3004268819664697/
    breakdirt916 likes this.
  17. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    Are you guys ever going to do another weekend ride, that was the only one I have been able to attend getting to you on a weekday is a pretty big stretch for me.`
    GeoMoto likes this.
  18. KICKNBACK

KICKNBACK Old enough to know better young enough not to care

Oddometer:
    Maybe they are trying to tell you something :photog

:hide
  19. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    Wait
    Do I know you
    :lol3
    GeoMoto likes this.
  20. TemeculaTim

TemeculaTim Timiteo Viejo

Oddometer:
    I went back to work last month and making the last few Wednesday evening rides has been a challenge for me as well. I try and get a ride on the big bike in every weekend and a few times a week on the small bike from the house during the evenings.
    GeoMoto likes this.