Hurley Pass

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rob1313, Jun 27, 2019.

1. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    I'm considering taking a shot at this road this Saturday. I've done it once before, years ago on a Varadero. My riding partner at the time was in charge of directions, I was just along for the ride.

I'm going at it from the Pemberton side. My question is this, is it fairly well marked? I can find all sorts of info on the I survived the Hurley web page, complete with maps, but no real info on finding the darn road!

Edit Google maps tells me Pemberton Meadows Road to Lilloet FSR, to Hurley River FSR to Gold Bridge.

Anyone up for joining me? I'm leaving Abbotsford by 8 (if flights are on time) and plan to end my day in Quesnel BC. Looking at my distances that might be a tad of a reach, but what the hell.

http://isurvivedthehurley.com/?page_id=1132
  2. gunnerbuck

gunnerbuck Island Hopper

Oddometer:
    If you have never been, the Hi Line road is a much better option.. You turn left onto it just before you get to Darcy, it crosses the railroad track and winds up the mountain..
    what broke now and rob1313 like this.
  3. what broke now

what broke now Petroleum Brother Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agree, seeing the lakes and the portage alone is worth the route, the rest is cake frosting.
  4. filterx

filterx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its been a few years but IMO you might want look for gas options in Bralorne or Goldbridge.
  5. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    From last year, I'm told they're is a card lock in Goldbridge, but Braelorn no longer has gas.
    My recommendation would be the Hi-Line too. Much nicer road, and probably a bit shorter. Even the paved up to Darcy is nice.
  6. mroddis

mroddis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did the Hurley a couple of weekends ago. It straightforward and easy to find. The only tricky bit is to pay attention once you hit the gravel from Pemberton Meadows - there's a split off the road to the right - this is what you want. There's a few tighter switchback turns shortly after that so if you don't hit those and are climbing, you might be on the wrong road.

Gas in Goldbridge - they enjoy the scenery around Carpenter Lake, then through the mountains to Moha then Lillooet. I actually enjoy the Hurley. Gives you a chance to stand up and twist the throttle a little....

Enjoy!
    m.
    filterx likes this.
  7. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    I opted to just run 99 up on Saturday. Didn’t get a decent nights sleep Friday night. I may run it in reverse on Tuesday as I come back down. In Bella Coola now.
    yamalama likes this.
  8. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Had a chance to get back to my bike this weekend and get this done. Rode the Hurley and then the highline back down. Those who commented were fully correct, the highline is a much, much better ride. Good weekend. Back at work now. Sigh
    squonker and filterx like this.
  9. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    That is spot on. That Cardlock is right in front of the Goldbridge Hotel. Has Premium and regular. Bralorne looks like it has been awhile since this worked.

_MG_0978.jpg
    _MG_0977.jpg
    Bralorne Pub. New or at least renovated heavily since I was here last about 9 years ago. The road from Bralorne past the mining operation that connects to Hurley Pass main road was in much better and more used shape since that time. Looks like it sees everyday use now.
    filterx likes this.
  10. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    if you make it to Bralorne - don't neglect going to the end of the road. some interesting abandoned mining stuff to see up there.
  11. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    Also, stop in for a coffee and a chat at the community market stand. It's in the town site. Sign says "If we're here, we're open"
    filterx likes this.
  12. what broke now

what broke now Petroleum Brother Supporter

Oddometer:
    There's also gas up by the school between Shalalth and Seton Portage if you take the highline.