Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by sperz1, Oct 10, 2018.
Good luck to all!
It sure couldve been: high tide landfall. May be the ONLY break Mx Beach got
Vids floating around Facebook showing water up to the rooftops at mex beach.
Thinking about my FLA buds from Ozarkia. Hang in there gents, weather's about to turn a corner I can feel it.
Cliff Lake helispot might be a bit bigger or a stack of logs right about now.
I hope all you FF’s are ok up there.
There will be plenty of wood for a campfire for sure, unless the close the area for whatever reason...
Posted by a female coworker on FB:
PSA TO MY EAST COAST PALS:
You are going to have your shit destroyed during this hurricane. You will probably be filing an insurance claim.
If you have a low rent, crap company....well those savings will prove to not be worth what you are going to deal with.
If you actually ponied up for some decent insurance, you are in luck. You WILL be taken care of. Here’s how not to be an asshole:
1. You are not the only person suffering loss. Be patient. Don’t waste your time continually calling your adjuster. You will go to the back of the line. (WE HATE YOU)
2. We are professionals. We actually know when you are full of shit. Keep your damn false claims to yourself. The hurricane DID NOT knock the clear coat off your 10 year old car. It also DID NOT scratch every panel. You pull this bullshit and WE HATE YOU.
3. We have a protocol to follow. Do not tell me whether your car is a total loss or repairable. The numbers don’t lie. Just accept the fate.
4. Your adjuster probably lives in the area and suffered loss too, but he is now working overtime with a ridiculous load and a company riding his ass for not seeing enough claims. His family is cleaning up the mess at his house while he is out roaming the streets taking care of you. Offer the SOB a water.
5. Yes. You pay for rental coverage. Yes your insurance company will pay for a rental. Use the sense God gave you. The rental companies will also have losses and be overloaded with claims. You will be lucky to get a rental. Do NOT yell at your adjuster. He has ZERO control of the rental companies. Your insurance promises to pay for a rental not that one will be available.
6. Your customer service survey does not count in Catastrophic claims. Your adjuster is being nice to you because he actually gives a shit. He is not there to screw you over.
7. When your adjuster speaks to you, it is not because he loves the sound of his voice. He is telling you pertinent information. Fucking pay attention.
8. If you have an appointment, be 10 minutes early...not an hour. If you’re late, accept you are an asshole and reschedule.
There. Now you know how to get the best out of your insurance company.
Be safe and DONT BE THAT GUY.
That place has been a gem of limited development for my 50 years here. Tallest structure is the El Governor motel, all of 3 floors. I fear this will usher in a scrapping of that limited model as the area needs rebuild $$
Rumor is el governer is gone.
Will survey this very soon. Seems as if relief (per my weather resource) is right around the corner here
Yessir, firewood galore at Cliff Lake, no doubt about it. Hope Buzz, Ogre, and Flashdog made it without catastrophic damage. And I hope they have good homeowner’s policies
I ate lunch here at the Riverside Cafe with a buncha Chuckleheads a couple weeks ago...
Mighty surprised to see that thatched roof intact
That doesn’t look too bad actually... I hope it’s ok and will reopen soon.
Somebody just took his dickbeaterz and fired up a JENNNNNAYYYYY!!
That thatched roof wasnt ALL that intact 3 weeks ago
I remember the 2 “skylights.”
Ironically enough, Eloy, FIL and I were talking about how that roof would do in a hurricane. We all agreed that it would likely be completely blown off. I’m happy to be wrong tho.
I know Mx Beach well & i cant ID what im looking at there.