Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. mikecarpenter

mikecarpenter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a problem with my high beams. Thought bulb was bad but sure looks like the fillament is in tact. Low beam and 5 watt running light are fine, when I switch to high beam, the big bulb goes out. The high beam indicator works which tells me the switch is functional. Any ideas other than replace bulb? What is recommended replacement? Stock or upgrade?

Thanks,
    mikec
  2. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    HF and I plan to camp the Bergs, hopefully this year in Colorado, sort of we meet halfway between Tulsa and Seattle.

Been pondering Camping Ultra-Lite.

I have the GL Mojavi and it did leak very badly in all the pouches (without extra seam sealing), so much my inner waterproof bags were floating in puddles, with the zippers as tight as could be. It mostly definitely is not waterproof to the hard downpours as-purchased, and not sure even after applying seam sealer, haven't tested that yet.

I have the Kirega US5 and US10 and they have been very waterproof and rugged. The worst I've seen in them is a little damp inside after absolutely torrential nonstop frog-chokers, probably just high humidity.

I just got a set of Wolfman Expedition saddlebags, Large roll-top waterproof Duffel and a Large Rolie for my 990 and all reports are the stuff is super waterproof. I hope to test that soon. I'm thinking a full camping Lite set could be built from Wolfman's expedition stuff alone, or with roll-top Kriegas in the mix.

Finn a Berg Camping thread could be very useful. :thumb
  3. cyborg

Oddometer:
    Spotted this setup on Wolfman's site, something like this could work with the larger Rolies? Maybe not as easy to access as the GL zippered bags, but ultra-waterproof.

[​IMG]
  4. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the PM's - manual is spoken for and will be in the mail to bfly (Nick) in short order.
    --
    I have a printed/bound copy of the Husaberg 2009 model year repair manual. According to the front page, it covers the following models:

• FE 450 EU
    • FE 450 AUS
    • FE 450 USA
    • FE 570 EU
    • FE 570 AUS
    • FE 570 USA
    On the front cover is printed the above model list, plus the text "Article no. 3803004en".

I now have the actual 2011 document/PDF for the FE570S (which came on CD-ROM), so I don't need this one. Anyone want it? Cover the cost of shipping and it's yours.

As far as I can tell, the 2009 and 2011 manuals are 90%+ the same... Posting this here instead of Flea Market so that someone who might actually want this manual might see it.
  5. frostyuk

frostyuk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kriega have some new panniers coming out that look something like this, i've seen the ads in magazines and know someone who was testing them but not on their website yet

6. McLeod

McLeod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How bright is your high beam indicator light? Is it dim or bright?

Your switch seems to be functioning.

Yellow is the 12V source, White is your running light, Green is Low beam and Brown is high beam.

If your high beam indicator light is bright. there are two possible suspects. The first is the bulb could be broken if you have a multi meter just measure the resistance across the bulb.
    The second is the actual bulb socket check and make sure the bulb is making contact on both of the metal fingers touching the contacts on the back of the bulb. (just pull the bulb out and bend down into the bulb a little bit and put the bulb back in the socket)

If it is dim then it might be the switch.
    I rebuilt my switch because I lost both the high and low beams by drilling out the rivets, stretching the spring and building up the contacts inside of the switch with solder.

You might want to make a power jumper so you cant test the lights with out the engine on.
    I used a male spade lug and a alligator clip to jumper the from the battery to Fuse #3. (If I remember right I removed the fuse and plugged the spade lug into the side closest to the battery)

7. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler 74 TY250

Oddometer:
    PM'd ya BogeyMan. Yep I'll take it.
  9. McLeod

McLeod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:

This is the kind of info that needs to be at the beginning of the thread...along with links to pages within the thread to specific topics.. is the OP still active? Maybe Lostrider will put it at the beginning of his thread.... it doest require time and effort to keep up though.. just my thoughts .. picked my FE570S up from Cliff's about 2 hours ago :clap now begins the work to get it ready for my move to Colorado next summer. :freaky
  11. McLeod

McLeod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you.

12. mikecarpenter

mikecarpenter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    McLeod,

Checked the continuity and turns out high beam side is no bueno. The outer housing twists oround the inner if that makes sense. I've never seen a bulb made this way. Anywho, my local KTM dealer has one on the shelf for $9.82 or Cycle Gear can order one for $2.95. I'll be without high beams for a few more days!

Thanks for the help.

mikec

13. 35xj

35xj Long timer

Oddometer:
    been riding ktm's for several years,owned most sizes they make. currentlty on a tagged 06 450exc.

Its time to move it out, been thinking of a husaberg.. Today i found a good deal on a 2010 450fx. with a rekluse in it. Bike rides well, no obvious issues, but no tag(not an issue to get) , so i couldnt get it up to speed.

What is everyones thoughts on using the fx as a dual sport? How is the gearing going to be? Dont need to really haul ass on it, but would like to be able to do 65 without destroying it.
    Also, never ridden a recluse, would it allow me to gear the bike up, and use the rekluse to make up for it?

thanks guys!
  14. Rockcat

Rockcat LDA

Oddometer:
    I've got a plated FX. I don't really ride it on the road, but the stock gearing is plenty fast. The problem, compared to a 450 EXC, is first gear is tall. The rekluse would help.
  15. KMK

KMK Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. cyborg

Oddometer:
  17. 35xj

35xj Long timer

Oddometer:
    well, ended up picking up an 09 450fe. rekluse etc.

now, where can i find a decent spring rate chart? im 170 lbs naked c class rider, prefer tight nasty stuff. thoughts?

thanks, dave
  18. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am 10lbs heavier and prefer the progressive springs. I put a 8.0 on and couldn't stand it. Went back to a PDS2. It's something like 7.6-9.5. It doesn't go all the way to the rated max as we don't have that much spring travel on our shocks.
  19. Seth S

Seth S Will _____ for _____

Oddometer:
    saw a 390 listed on nedirtbikes the other day for 5000. i bought my 09 450 with rekluse, rad guards, hand guards from edelmans last year for 6500. used bergs seem to be quite reasonable.
  20. cyborg

Oddometer:
    I really wanted the 2011 390 for the tasty forks, love those dual-chamber forks offroad. May have to add a a stiffer spring to the rear shock since I'm 220 ready-to-ride and the compression ring is all the way down. May try the progressive spring Tahoeacr mentions.