Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    does your lowered side stand still work, and is it a stock one?
    if it's for sale, I might be interested in your shortened side stand.
  2. shortman

shortman Beta 500 RS, X-Trainer 250 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a shortened stock side stand if his doesn't pan out.
  3. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made a mess of mine trying to shorten it. I took the kckstand off bike,
    I pulled the footpad off the bottom tip, then i cut
    about 1.4" off the stand's end.
    Afterwards, the plastic foot pad won't completely insert back into the hole, unless I
    drill the hole for the foot pad deeper. I don't have a drill press nor drill size that
    large of a dia, so my kickstand is w/o a foot, so it sinks into the dirt under use.

Did you shorten your stock stand like how I did mine?
    how did you get the foot pad all the way
    inserted into stand? redrilled the end of the stand?
  4. shortman

Oddometer:
    I can't say how it was shortened to be honest... It was on my 570 last year when I got it and I promptly replaced it with a trail tech... Been in my box of spares ever since...
  5. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    I bought a cheap headlight assy off Ebay for $23 and tonight tried the Cyclops 3800 Lumen H4 in it. Fitted so well to the housing. I'm waiting for the 7000 Lumen H4 to arrive so will be interesting to see how it performs.

20170224_210323.jpg
    twotyred and sico like this.
  6. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, it is like new. I also have the lower fork springs and shock spring. PM me regarding the short side stand.
  7. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The previous owner had it shortened. The foot pad is not all of the way seated.
  8. mattadv93

mattadv93 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took the berg to the beach yesterday to get abit of practice in for a Simpson desert crossing. Still unsure about taking the berg... Seems very thirsty. IMG_20170224_132914.jpg
  9. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    I put a H4 bulb in there and held it in place with two zip ties. Works just fine. It's a lot brighter than stock bulb.
  10. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Guys the plate/tank has been a huge success. Force were going to start production last week but since then they have DOUBLED their orders to 9 with an order from Belgium and one from the UK. Dave at Force is stoked and has exceeded his expectations. Production doesn't start till Monday (AUS) so still time for anyone who may want of these.

Dave Robbins

Force Accessories Pty Ltd

2/1368 Heatherton Rd

Dandenong

(03)8710 4141

www.forceaccessories.com.au

[​IMG]
  11. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been using the wolfman bottle holsters for those times I want to carry ~2 Liters additional fuel, and they have served my needs quite well.
    [​IMG]

When my low fuel light comes on, I pour in two fuel bottles, and start heading back out on the road to look for a gas station. Taking it easy, 2L gets me another 30-35 miles(48-56k m) range before the low fuel light pops up again. There's generally a gas station in the USA by mile=10.
    Baggi'tard likes this.
  12. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    Is this with 1.5l or 0.75 l bottles?
  13. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey! I just ordered a set of those Enduro Daytripper bags, got the last set at RevZilla for $123. gonna put my tools/spares in there, and it should hold my Giant Loop Gas Bag too. Then I won't have to have it on my back.
  14. shortman

Oddometer:
    Hey Kyle... I know this is off topic but glad to see you in Cumming Saturday and thanks for speaking..... Really wanted to chat with you after the meeting but you were outta there...

Hope to catch up with you at MMM....
    Baggi'tard likes this.
  15. timeOday

timeOday Long timer

Oddometer:
    My fuel injector seems to be clogged again.
    I was considering just buying a new one to avoid downtime while getting my old one professionally cleaned and keeping it as a spare.

I noticed the original part
    75041023044 has been superseded by

so I went ahead and bought one on the hope that the newer part will be a better design.

Now that I've already spent my money, anybody know if they are actually different?

According to the AOMC page it is used on EXCs through 2015 (not 2016?) which makes me feel good because you don't hear of so many problems on more recent models

http://www.ktm-parts.com/75041023144.html

although the only change it mentions specifically is the larger-micron pre filter (gray instead of black) that they switched a few years ago.
  16. Bluetonguejak

Bluetonguejak Pretend racer

Oddometer:
    What sort of economy on the sand Matt?
    What map setting?
  17. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    TOD, I fitted the same injector - 3144. It's fine mate. Works brilliant in my 570 with the Vortex, opened muffler and opened side covers.

Run a 10 micron like the Zip Ty at the injector side of your Quick disconnect. Don't bother with the 20 micron at the injector as the Zip Ty has one as a pre-filter. Keeps the filters at an easily reachable spot.

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner to clean the injectors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainle...309568?hash=item1c626bb2c0:g:PQoAAOSw8gVX8Hkt
  18. mattadv93

mattadv93 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Getting about 16km/L at the moment.. I would say on sand it would be maybe be 9 or 10km/L... Wasn't exactly being easy on it though.
  19. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I cleaned my injector the ghetto way, and it works!
    Used a $2 syringe (a 4 pack for $8) from Tractor Supply
    [​IMG]

There's a couple ways to do it,
    (1) put a hose between the injector and the syringe,
    or
    (2) use syringe
    backwards, like this example:

go to time= 5:30 to see.

Back flush first, and then forward flush to verify the nozzles are spraying evenly. spray the cleaner onto cardboard to see spray pattern.

A 9v battery connected to the injector opens up the valve so the cleaner can go through the injector to do its job.
    YOu can use acetone, mineral spirits, (I used Seafoam) to fill the syringe...
    or use a spray can of throttle body cleaner like per video above ...
  20. timeOday

timeOday Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes, thanks, I have been through the process a number of times, I have an air compressor and backflush it with 50 psi. I had good results with that a few times, lastly a month ago, then my fuel hose slipped off the pump inside my tank a couple weeks ago (thanks for commenting on that thread), and maybe I polluted the system while handling that. Or not.

My tendency is to keep nursing things along for too long, I keep fixing it the same way and it keeps coming back and breaking my confidence to ride the bike into remote places. So I am going to start fresh. And Hopefully they enlarged the pores in the 2012+ injector (like they did with the gray inline filter) which would make a lasting difference.

On a more positive note, I had a great ride on Sunday, the fueling problem only started towards the end.

[​IMG]
    AUSSIEADV, twotyred and woods wizard like this.