Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. mikejana

mikejana Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Real 2012 model, build date was 6-2011. It had 20 something hours when I bought her down under. My son rode it a bit in Coffs Harbor where he was working, I think it’s in the 40s now. Gotta get home to install the battery to check.
    We have 3 Ford diesels, 2 having heavy maintenance in the drive way and one being repaired Nashville on the way home from the Trans America Trail. The “tow rig “ been my daily driver since the 90s. It’s always had a tow hitch, but I’d never used it before.
    I couldn’t wait, because it feels like Christmas and $25 a day storage at the custom’s warehouse.
    NoClassic and jdubb75 like this.
  2. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wanna see your two Bergs up here in a few months or so.. Damn that's interesting. What's the titling like for an out of country bike?
  3. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A few months? I think December in TN would be much to cold to get Mike out of Florida. :lol3
  4. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    Shhh, December might be some of the best riding weather we have...
  5. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    Oh, I'm not going to disagree with you, but Mike may think otherwise.
    meeksie likes this.
  6. mikejana

Oddometer:
    Quantico?
    I spent a lot of time running around those woods yelling OOOhRahh! Also had a Honda CR250 in my Fraternity House at RMC. Part of the deal to college was no motorcycles, I think my mom probably knew.

I'm in. I just can't take more than a few days of it. I hear they have a great Inn with warm showers, fireplaces, comfy beds and great food!

I got her home at dark. Took a while to breakdown the crate. Hooked up the battery, added some new e-Free gas and she fired right up. I'll clean her up and report ASAP.

We imported her as "off road - competition only". Customs was not too difficult, but I hired a customs broker. Broker said timing was good, Customs and Border protection here is apparently slammed with relief stuff to the Bahamas. It appears they inspected everything in the crate.

I had a friend introduce a shipper for the bike. Raider Motorsports in Coffs Harbor. Great Folks, would highly recommend and use again. Maurice is Awesome. They shipped to Jacksonville for the better price.
    I got some advice from the Customs guys locally at Port Canaveral; They were so helpful and not bureaucratic . I would try ship to Cape Canaveral if I did it again.

Not sure how to approach title and license. Intended purpose is off road so........
    I have a current "Reggo" in my name valid until June from New South Wales, Australia.
  7. Hertz13

Hertz13 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get it plated in South Dakota?
  8. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Mike , You are right on the money it's across Quantico creek on the north side.
    I live behind the base on the creek , get to hear war games going on.
    I used to live outside Cocoa in Sharpes next Diamond Back MX track , rode it every day on my RM 125 after school.
    Let me know if you are ever up here , I will show you some great S/T.
    mikejana likes this.
  9. totensiebush

totensiebush re-tarded

Oddometer:
    My right radiator on my FE570 is bent to the point that I can't get the front plastic protector to stay on.

It's not stock (and is thicker than the ones on my FS570), although I'm not too worried about making them match.

Any suggestions for what to go with? It doesn't leak yet, but with nothing protecting it from rocks I don't know how long that'll last.

Could also use some guard suggestions.
    I take it the reservoir on a KTM shock will hit things, rather than just being different?
  10. simple

simple noob this

Oddometer:
    Send your radiator out to get straightened. They do amazing work.

Enduro Engineering has most guards you will want. If you want color matching blue stuff other brands have them.
  11. mikejana

Oddometer:
    Vermont is a good choice also. That's how I licensed my FX450
  12. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    @Baggi'tard , be aware of ordering Husaberg parts from AOMC (ktm-parts.com), they say they have the parts in stock or have them available in 2 to 3 days, but that is not true. I've ordered parts from them three times in the past and every time I ended up canceling my order a week or 10 days later because they just didn't have my parts. Better phone them and check inventory before placing the order.

The only place I've found that has Husaberg parts in stock is cyclebuy.com, they bought a huge inventory of Husaberg parts when the brand was shut down buy KTM.
  13. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    I have also had this happen with AOMC. When I first started ordering from them it was not an issue, but it slowly became a waiting game on "in stock" items. The 10% off code kept drawing me back, but convenience eventually won out and I order almost everything from Rocky Mountain ATV now. They started carrying Husaberg oem parts about a year ago and with a warehouse close to me it is next day delivery on most parts and the order cutoff time is 7pm EST. It was a no brainer.

I think cyclebuy used to actually sell Husaberg. Aren't they a dealer? I've ordered from them, but with them being on the west coast shipping times can become an issue for me.
  14. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    How long are you going to make us wait for glamour shots?
    mikejana likes this.
  15. jlpred

jlpred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since the JD tuner was brought up... I went ahead and ordered one. I'm going to change the injector and filter before injector. I'll dig into the tank over the winter. I've always worried my bike runs lean as the header (megabomb, stock can) gets hot instantly on startup.

So what settings are you guys running? I have no popping or anything, runs really smooth, but I definitely expected more power. Maybe it's just deceptive as I haven't paid too much attention to the speedo... I LOVE how smooth the throttle response is, not snatchy or jerky at all. Very good for traction.
  16. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    ok good so I'm not the only one. Cyclebuy is a small shop. I like to support them. RM Atv never let me down either.
  17. mikejana

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I have a lot of cleaning to do. As soon as I can.
    jdubb75 likes this.
  18. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    I think if you search back through the thread you'll find some settings info. I'm pretty sure mine is set as suggested (it comes with a map already set) with one step richer on the blue/green setting (or something like that). I'd have to go check it, or see what I wrote down.
  19. totensiebush

totensiebush re-tarded

Oddometer:
    I checked last night and the radiators are from Myler's, or at least the cap has their sticker on it.

[​IMG]

you can see it's bent pretty well (although it looks worse IRL vs pic)
  20. simple

simple noob this

Oddometer: