Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. NoClassic

NoClassic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a couple AOMC orders for Husaberg specific stuff cancelled as well. I am now in the habit of calling them to confirm stock before ordering online.

For stuff that shows to be on a long backorder it can also be better to order from a local KTM/Husky dealer as they will often let you cancel after a period of time while many of the online retailers will not.
  2. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Skip the hassle with these AOMC folk, order from Munn Racing.
  3. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    brand new plastics? Now you need a better color scheme for your Cycra handguard plastics.
    Thumperama and Dao1 like this.
  5. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...should have done this 8 yrs ago, on day one....

[​IMG]
    moved that in-tank filter to the outside.

With it inside the tank... can't see when it was due or near due to preventively replace the filter...this is typically how mine looked when the filter clogs up, bike spits me off to the side of the trail for good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this here's an $80 migraine headache - the filter screen is too fine in filtration, clogged up on my in 10 hrs use. the tiny cone filter at the nipple end also clogged up in 10 hrs, maybe sooner.
    [​IMG]

This is my injector nozzle . the spray holes don't look that tiny at all to me....
    [​IMG]

Very fine powder dirt can still pass through it.
    So, two or more filters is overkill. the single stock paper filter will do fine.
    And now that I can see when it's dirty, it can be changed in a few minutes & w/o having to remove the tank.
  6. simple

simple noob this

Oddometer:
  7. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    Couple comments on your filter comments. I don't know the filtration level of the Mahle filter, but it's probably not anywhere near 10 or even 20 µm like the cone (20) and ZipTy (10) filters, so you aren't collecting any of those size particles and those are the ones that will get into and clog the injector. Supposedly the injector holes are 12 µm. I'd "assume" that KTM engineers probably know the filtration level of the Mahle filters and that's why they originally spec'd a 10 µm cone filter, because the paper filter doesn't filter fine enough, which is why your cone and ZipTy clogged up so rapidly (or maybe you had removed Mahle?).

Here's my experience with the Zip Ty and cone filters and Mahle filters.
    1. 60 hours, I put in a new Mahle filter (didn't know about the cone filter at the time), original was probably not as dirty as your pic.
    2. 190 hours, put in a second new Mahle, along with ZipTy and new cone filter (by then I learned about it, removed it at the injector and found the mesh was more than 50% blocked with "gunk" not actual particles.). Backflushed injector. I did all that because the cone filter had finally clogged up enough to really notice.
    3. 250 hours, replaced inline cone filter in ZipTy. Didn't even look at the ZipTy, forgot to inspect cone filter.
    4. 308 hours replaced the cone filter, looked at under 15x hand lens, barely a handful of particles in it. decided 60 hour change is not necessary, didn't do anything else either.
    5. 325 hours and counting.
    I'd suggest you might have "something else" going on if you are getting that much debris in your gas...

Interesting that car fuel filter aren't really that big, and most people don't even know they are in their fuel system (how many manuals list them as a service item?), never change them, and they will last for 100-200K+ miles and 1000s of hours.
    Thumperama and jdubb75 like this.
  8. NoClassic

Oddometer:
    Cafeful with the Mahle filter outside the tank. That seam is very weak and can fracture if something hits it hard enough. Likely best to grab one with a metal housing if you want to run it there.
  9. totensiebush

totensiebush re-tarded

Oddometer:
    So what's the right filter to run outside the tank?
  10. NoClassic

Oddometer:
    people have used the can-am 709-000-100 in the past
  11. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The gearing question comes up from time to time so I thought I'd post this here. It may have been linked before, but to anyone that hasn't seen it this should get you close on rpm's at a given speed.

https://www.gearingcommander.com/
  12. totensiebush

totensiebush re-tarded

Oddometer:
    is there enough charging system for me to get away with running heated grips?

BD XL Pro headlight (40W), LED taillight (I can't imagine anyone runs the stock one).

Full heated gear would be nice but I'm guessing that'd be pushing it a little far.
  13. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The altenator puts out 210w. I'm sure you'd be fine.
  14. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    Can-am, it's metal and rated for similar injectors as our bikes. Google can-am filter Husaberg. I can't remember the part number.

But keep in mind, running a fuel filter down stream of fuel presure regulator means lower pressure than intended (51 psi) behind the injector , resulting in leaner hotter mixture, specially as the filter gets old.
  15. totensiebush

totensiebush re-tarded

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

yesterday was a pretty good dual sport ride. mostly forest service roads rather than real trails, but the 570 is on the big/heavy side for real trails - especially at my skill level. Some of them were in significantly worse shape than I expected for forest service roads.

I noticed that my countershaft seal seems to be leaking some. My chain isn't too tight, so it isn't that. Here's hoping it's just a case of needing a new seal, it's a high mile/hour bike.
    twotyred likes this.
  16. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got 300 hrs / 7000 miles on mine & my c/s seal looks like it's at the initial stages of finally starting to leak b/c i can see thin radial lines etched onto my 13T, not as obvious & abundant as this one pictured....maybe 10 thin lines total...
    [​IMG]

So when I'm ready to renew mine.... Here's a GOOD DIY :
    Oldsteed likes this.
  17. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    This is what you want. It actually has a new spacer that helps cover the seal, and a new o-ring that's a little thicker for better seal too. Easy enough to replace.
    Counter Shaft Rep.Kit 4 Stroke, KTM part number 00050000941, about $24.
  18. totensiebush

totensiebush re-tarded

Oddometer:
    I don't have any spray visible from the bolt, but I have an oil leak from that location visible on cases etc. It sure looks to be coming from countershaft rather than shifter.
  19. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    99% you are right..
  20. totensiebush

totensiebush re-tarded

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Ordered the kit, hope it does the trick. Should be able to get it on before I next have time to ride next weekend.

As far as replacement goes, will oil dump out when I remove the seal etc? Trying to figure out if I can do it on the kickstand or whether I need to lean it over on it's side.