Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. 400psi

400psi Cropdusting

Oddometer:
    I've picked up a tensioner for same reasons as stated. Now just need some time in shop
  2. NoClassic

NoClassic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone actually had a timing chain failure because of a factory tensioner going bad or is it just the noise everyone wants to get rid of?
  3. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve heard of failures when bike ends up upside down still running. They are loud and the adjustable ones are failsafe. It’s cheap assurance imho. Just make sure not to over tighten or you’ll wear everything out fast.
    NoClassic likes this.
  4. 400psi

400psi Cropdusting

Oddometer:
    Which are adjustable? I got a dirt tricks one to install
  5. NoClassic

NoClassic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can find the cheap adjustable ones on ebay and aliexpress.
  6. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Just gave the ZipTy filter a clean. It runs the 20 micron as a ‘rock catcher’. You should have seen how much went through the cone filter! And this is what they recommend prior to the injector! :fpalm
  7. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Upside down bent Berg segment!

CBE554A0-D582-406C-A7B8-0792F77A7654.jpeg
  8. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I had to check. 145 hrs on the zip ty and it looks like this. Obviously YMMV!

IMG_7464.JPG IMG_7463.JPG
  9. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Dont know Kyle. Sock, tank filter and cone filter prior.

At least i know the ZipTy is doing a great job. Imagine running the standard filtering with that 20 micron at the injector! :fpalm
  10. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    Do you guys have ethanol fuel down there, could have been precipitates?
  11. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    I never remember to take pictures of bikes laying on the ground. I face-planted a couple weeks ago in a pile of moon dust, would have made for some good pics.
  12. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Nah Kyle, it was dirt. It wasn’t visible till the fuel started to dry up in the open ZipTy causing the dirt to concentrate in one area. I know the sock doesnt filter down to anything outrageous and not sure what micron capability the in tank filter has.
  13. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    well, smarten up! :D

But yeah its not something that springs to mind usually when in such an occasion. I was stuffed from such a long steep uphill single so i sat it out for a little while taking pictures.
  14. h0lger

h0lger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whats the oil change interval of the 570? and how often do you do it?
    I have this nagging idea in the back of my head that I should swap my 690 for a 570, so I'm trying to get all the pros and cons on the paper.
    How is the 570 on the highway? I know it's not built for it but I would need to cover some distances of tarmac, too.
  15. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine's a 450, not a 570, but I change the oil in it every 20 - 25 hours and only change the filter every other oil change. Changing the oil is easier/quicker than KTM's I've had - 1 drain plug, 1 screen, 1filter, 1 bolt to remove skid plate.

My bike is loafing at 60mph, a little more frantic at 70 but still no strain for the bike. 80 is starting to wind it up a bit and is about as fast as I go, but the bike does have more left.

I have not ridden a 690, but I did have 2 640's (1 Adv, 1 E) - the Berg is so much lighter, easier to balance and manhandle and smoother. I don't miss the 640's.
    h0lger likes this.
  16. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Depends on which 690. Way smoother than the early 690’s apparently. I have a mate with a ‘17 500EXC and says it is way smoother than his early 690. He counterbalanced motor would be a different story id say.
  17. milzispete

milzispete who did what where?

Oddometer:
    That's a tough one. I guess you have to be honest with yourself about what you are going to use it for. The 690 is a way better road bike and the 570 is a much lighter dirt bike.

I have a 2009 690 and a 2011 570. As mentioned earlier, if you are talking about a new KTM or husaberg 701 it's an even bigger difference on the asphalt
  18. h0lger

h0lger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! The 690 is 2012, without the additional counterbalance, But since my last bike was 625 SXC, I find it to be butter-smooth :) No complaints when it comes to highways use.
    I still haven't had a chance to actually test ride the 570 so I guess I need to do that first.
  19. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a 2010 690 Enduro and now I have an FE390. Call me crazy, but I prefer the 390 for the "highway." I'm not talking about blasting down the interstate for hours at 70mph and I don't think the 690 would be good for that either. I'm just talking about normal highway and back road rides in the 150-200 mile range. I never was a big fan of the gear ratios of the 690. If I geared it low enough to enjoy off road it was screaming on the highway and if I geared it to be more comfortable on the highway it was geared too tall off road. The transmission of the 70° is a lot more user friendly in that regard. I would have to imagine the 570 would be even more forgiving than my 390 being that it has more torque and could easily pull slightly taller gearing.

And, there are many people using the 70° Bergs for adventure travel as they have been proven to be reliable for many thousands of miles and hundreds of hours with minimal maintenance. Check out the 70° Adventure Traveler Thread.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-husaberg-70º-fe-adventure-traveler-thread.782994/
    AUSSIEADV and h0lger like this.
  20. h0lger

h0lger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm sure it's been covered before but I don't want to go through all 610 pages of the thread :)
    570 doesn't come with a cush-hub. Isn't that a problem for highway use? I see that some (like AUSSIEADV) have upgraded on cush.