Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Decided with the hot weather and lull in between shooting competitions to just do major maintenance on the 'Berg and Multi. The Berg is at 10950 miles and 383 hours. Mailed the full suspension to Factory Connection for a refresh. They did the suspension work for the PO and that's how I got it. I sent the shock in not long after I got it (thought it was leaking, turns out it was fuel leaking out and dripping down), but the crazy bladder forks haven't been done since I got it!

So in the mean time I took off the radiators for a flush and clean (been two years since I put on the Pro Factory hoses and put in new coolant), took off the tank (also been two years since I've done that) so I could get at the valves easy, and of course clean everything decently too.

Last time I check valves was Feb 2018, 5690 miles, 204 hrs. Here's today's measurements! They are all 0.001 tighter than they were 200 hours ago, and all STILL in spec. If I make it to 600 hours not even sure I'll bother. LOL.

IMG_7795.JPEG
    AUSSIEADV, kvango, mikejana and 2 others like this.
  2. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    Fuel filter w/80 hours +. It's mostly just discolored there's really not that much stuff inside (viewed with 10x hand lens).
    IMG_7797.JPEG

The magnesium alternator cover was warped enough when I got it, that it was leaking mostly around the wiring loom that comes out of the cover. If any of you remember I flattened the cover by sanding it on a flat surface with like 400 grit (pics back in the thread about December 2016). Didn't take long, like two or three of the bolt holes were the high spots. I'd say after 3.75 years the fix is still working perfectly good! the little bit of dirt and gunk is quite minimal.

IMG_7796.JPEG
    AUSSIEADV, mikejana, kvango and 2 others like this.
  3. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that the hidden side?
  4. simple

simple noob this

Oddometer:
    I bought a plastic welder kit to fix random breaks. Only issue is the supplied plastic rod is black. It does fix cracks like that but it doesn't remain flexible like stock ABS does
  5. kvango

kvango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, good to know. The DMV lady I talked to said I needed the original bill of sale, but the MSO was fine. Might be cheaper to do the vermont (or South Dakota?) tag - will PM you so not to blather up this thread, thanks.
  6. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    Stock plastic is polypropylene (PP). I tried JB Weld Plastic Bonder. Saw a few articles and that is supposed to work on PP.
  7. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:
    Seems like it's made a solid repair. I cut off a small section off the old fender and it was the perfect angle to use as a brace.

IMG_7798.JPEG
    NoelJ likes this.
  8. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    speaking of plastic welder, anyone know how to fix a leaking aftermarket gas tank made by 70 deg, the one that replaces the subframe? have anyone heard of any success stories with sealing up the 1st gen 70 deg subtank?
  9. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dao1 likes this.
  10. NoClassic

NoClassic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are cross linked polyethylene. The same information that has been posted for repair of the stock tank applies to the 70 degree subframe.
    Dao1 likes this.
  11. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    was that the post about finding a shop that repairs kayaks to repair the tank?
  12. NoClassic

NoClassic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes it is. The process will be the same for Kayak repair as most are made of the same material. I believe there is also some additional discussion there about a site that shows DIY repair instruction and tools.
    Dao1 likes this.
  13. simple

simple noob this

Oddometer:
    I'll have leftover material from my epoxy repair. Once I am done I can send it your way for the 70 degree tank repair. Just pay for shipping.
    Dao1 likes this.
  14. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
  15. barthaeck

barthaeck n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

maybe a stupid question.. I'm looking at buying a 2010 FE 390. I'd prefer to find the workshop/repair manual before I buy the bike (so not the owner's manual, already found that one).

I found the link to google drive, which has the "2009 Husaberg__FE_450_570_Repair_Manual" on there. Are these engines very different from the 2010 FE 390? I.e. can I use this manual instead for valve clearance, piston change, etc?

I saw others refering to Husqvarna part number 3803018, which is supposed to be the "Husaberg DVD Repair Manual 4T 2009-14". Does anybody have a copy willing to share?

Thanks and regards,
    Bart
  16. Baggi'tard

Oddometer:

It's going to apply 99.9%, there's not much difference in the engines other than bore/stroke, transmissions are same. I believe there was a fork change in the Husaberg run is about the most significant thing but I think that's 2011 (part numbers different)? But "service" schedule and stuff you need to do will be same.
    barthaeck likes this.
  17. Dualsport4ever

Dualsport4ever Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Riding from sunrise to sunset, well, sort of...
    Mostly sealed roads, but scoping out some possible trail heads. Hope that's a ferry heading my way. 20200803_172126.jpg 20200807_130447.jpg 20200804_223603.jpg
  18. 2ndGen

2ndGen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody know how to rebuild this clutch master cylinder? I can’t figure how I’d get that white disc out to get to the inner parts. Also the surface of the master cylinder body is flaking off with age. Not great for a seal. 2009 fe570.
    Trying to ride tomorrow! I’m bummed I can’t pull this together.

IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
  19. Thumperama

Thumperama We are the 'Berg - Resistance is futile

Oddometer:
  20. Bluetonguejak

Bluetonguejak Pretend racer

Oddometer:
    Just remove the brake hose and push the plunger assy out with an allen key or the like.

The white disc will come out of the retaining groove easily.
    2ndGen likes this.