Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Dualsport4ever

Dualsport4ever Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do a search on this forum as there has been a good discussion on vent tube routing for better fuel transfer/filling, tricks to getting a bit more fuel capacity, etc. When I installed mine tank a few years ago, input on this forum, especially from @AUSSIEADV, was invaluable.
    octopusenvy likes this.
  2. mikejana

mikejana Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, but make sure it is vented so it will drain into the main tank.
    Filling up from a gas pump? just be patient.
    jdubb75 has the instruction manual on his google drive, maybe he can share a link
  3. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    mikejana and richo360 like this.
  4. mikejana

mikejana Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tom lurge likes this.
  5. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    Haha...no problem. I do what I can.
    woods wizard likes this.
  6. SuzukiDoctor650

SuzukiDoctor650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ive had a back fire happen twice and stall out at low rpm, prob time for valve check?
  7. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    Have you checked your TPS setting?
  8. SuzukiDoctor650

Oddometer:
    I have not, and a flame out sounds more like it. I just brushed the throttle both times it happened and it popped and it started back up. Thanks for the input, will check into this asap.
  9. jdubb75

Oddometer:
    I spent about 1000 miles playing around with my EFI tuner and TPS settings to get rid of popping on decel and flameouts. They were very minor, but I knew it shouldn't be doing it so I just stuck with it making minor adjustments until it was gone.

I was not able to get my bike remapped with the Euro map so it is still running the lean, US version. Just for reference.
  10. tom lurge

tom lurge What could possibly go wrong!

Oddometer:
    By the way, slightly related: I'm in Europe and my 570 is european and it almost certainly has the european unrestricted mapping. That said: what function has the CO-sensor/lambda-meter in the exhaust pipe when running this mapping? I was told that in the unrestricted mapping it isn't read out and that it's only required for the restricted map. Can I rely on that information? Does it sound reasonable?
    The reason I'm asking is that my Berglund tanks require an underslung exhaust and that would require a bit extra work for the CO-sensor to attach (which I'm not particularily eager to tackle, finding someone who welds stainless steal etc.) although it would certainly be the safe route...
  11. SuzukiDoctor650

Oddometer:
    So it turns out mine does have a 70 degrees map switch and it was on high settings, will adjust adjust and see if noticeable difference. Would like recommendations on map switches etc.
  12. tom lurge

Oddometer:
    I had a switch from Trailtech which worked okay but I sold it and soldered my own "switch", fixed to the mild mapping: mine now is just a Superseal plug, the two pins connected with the resistor that switches the mapping to mild. I don't know the resistor value from the top of my head but I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread.
  13. webmonstro

webmonstro A Aventura Continua....

Oddometer:
    Resistor values are 6.8k and 15k open for standard .
    I also made my own switch . The difference is subtil most noticably on slippery terrain where the mild stetting will give a bit more control and traction
  14. tom lurge

Oddometer:
    Anders Berglund just told me on FB that I don't need the sensor. So that settles that. But why? I reckon that a fuel injection can be programmed to do its thing, no matter how lean/fat the resulting mixture is. So it works just like a carb - a "hardwired" configuration so to speak: set up once and leave it alone thereafter. My 570 runs well but CO reading is about 2 point something: half of what my old Guzzi produces but much more than legally required (and perfectly possible on other modern bikes). I might switch back to the legal mapping - which as it comes is much too lean to be healthy I'm told - and dive into that JD tuner stuff once everything else is settled. The environment etc... it seems like the right thing to do.
    mikejana likes this.
  15. Woods Rooster

Woods Rooster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back in 2010 my 450 used to flame out going in to turns. I increased the idle speed and the problem has been resolved ever since.
    SuzukiDoctor650 likes this.
  16. SuzukiDoctor650

Oddometer:
    Lookin sharp Screenshot_20210825-034217~2.jpg
  17. octopusenvy

octopusenvy gravel grommit

Oddometer:
    Any of you stateside berg brethren have a front safari tank u might sell off? Just got my mate to follow me again and get himself a 570 sight unseen in Denver. Good deal at 3500, 470hrs with one top end rebuild at 400 and lots of fruit. He needs the range in Mexico when he takes her there so if one's collecting dust, holla!!
    241137821_533920147836116_3354299950642459314_n.jpg
  18. 2ndGen

2ndGen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_3198.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg

6 days. 550 miles ish. Lost Coast, Mendocino and 6 Rivers National Forests.
    Berg ran great. Overheated a bit possibly on a rugged climb. But I tightened a clamp on a hose at the bottom of a radiator and no issues after that. Little fuel issue. Think it’s a TPS thing. On acceleration it would feel out of gas for a split second. Never more than a minor annoyance. I’ll check the TPS setting soon. Carried about 50 lbs of luggage. Averaged 49 mpg. Felt it start to get low on gas around 120 miles but it could be that TPS thing or an inability to access gas in the lower parts of the tanks (I have the rear tank). Should be getting closer to 150 mile range.
    Fun trip. One flat tire. Otherwise all bikes were perfect.
    Dao1, woods wizard and richo360 like this.
  19. gnarlynate24

gnarlynate24 Live, love and ride on :D

Oddometer:
    It's official! I'm a Berg brother as of 4:00 a.m. local time here in Tbilisi Georgia! I bought my 70° bent Burg 570 back in Colorado USA with the help of a few good friends. Looking forward to jumping on this bike and taking it down to Mexico later this year for all of 2022!

I've done a crap ton of research and the 570 was my dream bike for a while now and luckily we finally found one that fit what I was trying to do travel wise.

Recluse clutch, FMF exhaust, heated grits, seat concept seat, fresh rebuild 68 hours ago on the top end. Looks like I found my unicorn

The only thing I really need at this point is a safari tank and I'll be south of the border gripping and ripping by the end of the year! (If anyone has a second-hand tank laying around in the garage I'd love to take it off your hands)

Can't wait to share some of the bent Burg journey with you guys down through Mexico!!! I will be sure to give some good feedback and reviews for the group when I lay down some serious dirt miles with this bike. Truly excited to be part of the Husaberg brotherhood finally

If you're on social media and want to check out what all I'm getting into traveling RTW the last 6 years and counting hit me up on the gram my friends:

Follow me on Instagram!
    Username: natethenomadallen
    https://www.instagram.com/natethenomadallen?r=nametag Screenshot_20210903-022657_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210903-035433_Messenger.jpg IMG-20210903-WA0051.jpg
    2ndGen, Dao1 and simple like this.
  20. Circus Bear

Circus Bear Likes to get dirty Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club. Just picked up my 2nd Berg yesterday. 2011 570.

Attached Files:

2ndGen, jdubb75, Rot Box and 2 others like this.