Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. gnarlynate24

gnarlynate24 Live, love and ride on :D

Oddometer:
    Ooooooo man! She looks sweet!!! Congratulations on the matching set
  2. St.AndrewsRider

St.AndrewsRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, so I've often pondered a few things about these 70° Bergs as they age and new bikes gain popularity. First of all there are still lots of options available for genuine Husaberg/KTM parts. However, when you scroll through parts sites and catalogs like Parts Unlimited you see less categories where Husaberg is an option. Luckily these bikes share so many similar parts and assemblies as their orange counterparts.

So, all that said what do you guys think is the most relatable KTM or top 3 to a 70° Berg. I realize it's not really a straightforward question because engine design and frame are so different than anything else, but similar suspension components, controls etc. Say you were on a website looking up some random parts and KTM was the only option in the drop down box. What would you select? I'm anxious to hear anyone's thoughts. Thanks
    gnarlynate24 likes this.
  3. webmonstro

webmonstro A Aventura Continua....

Oddometer:
    Same year KTM . The top end is the same as well as most suspension and brakes etc
  4. gnarlynate24

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a cheat sheet spreadsheet with crossover part numbers? I'm looking for front and rear wheel bearings as well as neck bearings and finding the expensive KTM parts. SKF bearings or the equivalent or what I'm looking for! Thanks my friends.

After a 3-hour hunt this is when I came up with but could not find these part numbers or dimensions anywhere. Also no luck on the dust seals:

Front wheel bearings: 6906 (AKA 61906)

Front seals: 35 x 47 x 7 R23

Rear wheel bearings: 6205

Rear seals: 30 x 52 x 7 R23

Thanks my friends!
  5. gnarlynate24

Oddometer:
    Like a KTM 525 or 400 of the same year?
  6. webmonstro

Oddometer:
    More like a 450 and 530 head is the same apart from the carb the KTM uses head is the same except the extra oil return hole on the outside
  7. webmonstro

Oddometer:
    I got wheel bearing kit from ebay . Also got the brake disks and pads from ebay as well as rear shock bearings and seals all KTM compatible. I got a output shaft seal kit from KTM dealers
  8. webmonstro

Oddometer:
  9. gnarlynate24

Oddometer:
    Okay good to know about the 530 engine differences and similarities. Appreciate it

Good job on the bearings! I looked yesterday for about 3 hours on eBay Amazon and just random motorcycle sites and came up kind of empty-handed. Even these bearings you have a link to don't specifically say there for a 2011 FE570.

It's crazy no one has a cheat sheet for these bikes since they're so rare. I guess I'll assemble all the information I find and put it here on this forum as well as on the Facebook group downloadable information section.

Thanks for the help
  10. webmonstro

Oddometer:
    All 70 ° bikes are mostly the same independent of year so just chose a FE 570 2010 and it will fit .
    There's a web site with all the changes theses bikes had along the years see if I can find it but they are few differences
    gnarlynate24 likes this.
  11. gnarlynate24

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the tip. I'm trying my best to learn about these bikes before I actually get to ride mine. I'm in the process of ordering a bunch of parts to get her outfitted to head down from the United States down into Mexico all of next year. Extra wheel bearings spare tubes. These kind of things I feel are essential on the trail.

If you could find that website at some point I'd really appreciate it. I like to know everything about my machines and the differences between them
  12. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. Koko

Koko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it wishful thinking to find replacement fenders, and shrouds for these bikes?
  14. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Rocky Mountain has them, usually in stock.
  15. gnarlynate24

Oddometer:
    2ndGen likes this.
  16. St.AndrewsRider

St.AndrewsRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Try these guys.
    https://aomc.mx/
  17. Circus Bear

Circus Bear Likes to get dirty Supporter

Oddometer:
    200+ miles in the last 2 days mostly single and 2 track. The 570 was flawless. LBL200

Attached Files:

jdubb75, simple and Rot Box like this.
  18. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The ol LBL 200. Did it actually work out this year?
  19. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just buy the kit from KTM. In the kit, you get the spacer. It's aluminum on our bikes and wears quickly allowing dirt and water to get past the seal.
  20. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Spent the last 18 months or so rebuilding an 09 570, think I posted a pic of so a few pages back.

In terms of plastics, everything is generally available with the exception of frame protectors (L shaped frame guards either side) and radiator shrouds are only now available as plain unprinted blue from the factory (ie Husqvarna parts suppliers now) - although some stockists may still have printed ones here and there (bear in mind the shroud graphics changed each year 09-12). Factory graphics/stickers are still available. Headlights may be difficult to get. Seat cover still available.
    Scrubdesignz have plastics sets etc:
    https://scrubdesignz.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=husaberg

I've just got a Funnel Web air filter https://www.funnelwebfilter.com.au/product/fe-450-570-2009-2012/
    Wheels, bearings, brakes etc, swingarm and front suspension is the same as EXC 2009-2012, but Bergs had open chamber forks in 09 and CC after that. You can get complete wheel bearing, seal and spacer kits from KTM or aftermarket suppliers. Oil filters are KTM parts. All available.
    Rear shock is different to EXC as the location of the reservoir is different, to fit in with the Berg subframe.
    Wiring looms are NLA, but theres a few guys in europe that can remake, or if you send them your old loom they will repair with OEM plugs and wiring etc, they're on the Husaberg 70 degree FB page if you're a member there.
    Aftermarket bits- a bit of a mix. I found a Force RHS clutch cover and new radiator shrouds, there's a few European guys as well making machined billet alloy ignition/left hand side covers or CF equivalents. The Husa blue anodised master cylinder covers (brake and clutch) are unobtainable far as I've found. Trail tech map switches, things like the EJK ECU all available. Aftermarket mufflers, take your pic, same as 09-12 EXC 4 stroke.
    But I've just found a brand new still-in-the-box Ohlins TTX rear shock, and a FMF power bomb header and mid pipe. Amazing what pops up for sale occasionally.
    Rot Box likes this.