1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. dirtyoffroad

dirtyoffroad Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree Crank,my Berg feels more compact than my XRR,but I'm only 5'8" and thats why I do the majority of my offroading on it.
  2. SixdayJ

SixdayJ Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:

How tall and wide are you Crank?? I'm 6'2" and 220 before gear. I was wondering how I would fit. TIA :D
  3. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    6-3 240#'s bare ass, so with gear and all, probably 255-260:lol3
    The other problem I have is my limbs are long and my knees are bad from working construction all my life, so standing on the pegs from a crouched position is tough on a cramped bike. Pictures are worth a 1000 words....

[​IMG]
  4. WrldRiderWC

WrldRiderWC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'9 and 170 lbs. It feels about right but I am going to raise the handle bar an inch or so than it will feel a lot better.
  5. 34for40dave

34for40dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirty,

Glad to hear you have an XRR. I sold my XRR recently and am thinking of replacing with a Berg. I need an honest comparison between the two bikes.

The XRR proved to be to big for tight woods riding and beginner racing (I am the beginner). Trying to kickstart after dumping with the engine hot also led to the eventual sale.

I have bought into the hype of the Berg without having ridden one yet. I liked the torque of the XRR but could not handle the weight or lack of maneuverability in the woods. How would you compare the two?

I want to a dual sport ride which is what I did with the XRR riding it rather comfortably down the highway at 80 MPH.

Dave
  6. SixdayJ

SixdayJ Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:

You are like my kid, at 6'9" he makes a 300 look like a mini bike! So is the 'Berg more or less cramped than the RFS? or the same? :ear
  7. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    More cramped than the RFS, no doubt. I can ride the RFS bikes without too much effort. Tall seat is all I really need but they are still cramped.
  8. mud

mud I just wander.....

Oddometer:
    I am 6'3" about 195 nekid..... I run no bar risers, stock bars in the mid (or back one from mid) position. Stock foot pegs (tweaked a little) and a tall seat.

Works for me, I love the ergo's for aggressive riding. I run mid pack Vet A when I race.
  9. Woods Rooster

Woods Rooster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We did a six day trail ride in Michigan this past summer. I picked up a pair of soft saddle bags (snow mobile saddle bags actually) at a swap meet for $15. The subframe is stiff enough to strap the bags over without flexing due to the weight when loaded. I drilled two holes through the inside of each saddle bag and through the side number plates. I bolted the saddlebags to the number plates using some big sheetmetal washers and wing nuts. I packed these bags to the gills and they did not flop around at all, even through the deep woops. Surprisingly, they did not get hung up on the trees going through the tight single track. Each night at the hotel I could unbolt the bags in a minute. I could not be happier with how well this system worked out.
  10. dirtyoffroad

dirtyoffroad Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dave I think the Berg is only 20 lbs lighter,but feels much more when riding.Both my bikes are registered here in NH with the Berg being my choice when primarily offroading.I geared the XRR taller for more practical street riding,and yes after owning a couple bikes with the ease of e-start it kinda sucks to kick start.
  11. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Crank...

6'3" here....

tall bars, under bar mount, Pivot pegs in the "low" position (great for those knees), tall seat...
    [​IMG]
  12. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    WR, Got any pics that you could post of your setup?
  13. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Safari tank Nowwhat? How do ya like it? I heard you had to hack up a set of shrouds to get the seat to seal at the airbox. Is that true?

What's your range now?
  14. coronaberg

coronaberg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What kind of milage are you guys getting?
  15. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Thrashin it (granted my thrash pace is slow) I'll get 50-60 miles to the tank.
  16. PABiker

PABiker Anywhere but here

Oddometer:
    Wolfman Enduro tankbag, saddlebags, and duffel.
  17. KayaKTM

KayaKTM Day trippin'

Oddometer:
    hmm, i'm a little confused here.

i had a KTM 200 ('05), and an KTM XC4 450 ('08) and find the Berg to feel bigger than both of those bikes. the bars mounted in the front position feel further away from the peg/seat position than on my XC4 450 (which is still in the garage, for side by side comparison) and the bars feel taller in relation to the seat position. this is without Fastway Pegs on the Berg but with the Fastway's on the 450 (when i get paid at the end of Jan. i'll be getting another set of the Fastway's for the Berg).

so what's the deal, am i the only one that thinks the Berg feels bigger than the KTM? Bart at GDR Products says when his taller racers want a stabilizer they put low bars on to keep the bar position. i would agree with this, i got a set of the woods high (PT Contour) that i've been running for the last 5 years on my KTM's and they feel too tall on the Berg to me. :dunno

18. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Seat to peg is where the Berg feels smaller to me. Other ergos I've set up as close to my old 525 as possible.

Like the Berg and won't be going back to Orange. Blue bike feels way better on single track and just as good on open stuff.
  19. KayaKTM

KayaKTM Day trippin'

Oddometer:
    i can see where the Berg might feel slightly smaller seat to peg than the KTM (i guess someone could measure it?) with the stock seat. hard for me to tell for sure as i don't have matching pegs yet for comparison.

i've got a buddy with an FX450 and a tall seat and it felt better than my 390 as far as seat to peg and i'm only 5'9".

as far as the gone Blue thing goes, i'm not completely sold yet, but the Berg feels better each time i ride it. i had over 200 hrs. on my '08 450 XCRW (tagged), it was near perfect out of the box and i had it setup for about 170 of the 200+hrs. Being fair to the Berg, I think it'd be hard for any bike to make me feel more comfortable and confident than i do on that 450.

20. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Safari Tank....

Nope...no cutting...take the old shrouds off and hang them on the wall...put the tank on....go 125-145 miles....10 minutes and you for get it is there....

The EXC feels like a bigger bike to me....but with the ergos set up the Berg fits perfect...

145 hours on it now...