Husky TR650 - New Owners Stupid Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by HighFive, Dec 23, 2012.

1. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    If there is enough difference between the two models to make it worthwhile I suppose. Sometimes I feel a more street-bike version of the Terra would be perfect for that engine. Maybe I just need a set of Strada wheels and the low fender.
  2. dedave

dedave Gold in dem dare hills

Oddometer:
    Depends on how much room you have. I regret selling the Strada. I don't miss the crappy abs of the Strada. But it looked good, I put a terra fender and knobbies on it. It did great off road, but the knobby killed the highway handling.

I recently put a 19" BMW 650 GS front wheel and knobby on the Terra. It handles worlds better at highway speed and alot easier to manage in deep sand washes.
    OConnor likes this.
  3. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

4. CarstenB

CarstenB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    mine doesn't have any writing on it either although the recall has been done. Does you Terra have any issues with stalling?

A note of caution: you should cover the battery + terminal when working under the seat. Quite a few ECUs have been fried by shortning it out to the + terminal. It also helps protecting the ECU if you run an earth cable from the ECU housing to the battery - terminal.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/ecu-issues-ground-strap.86512/#post-611640

qeQCV5Kh.jpg
  5. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Stalling coming randomly during the ride, during acceleration. I got the cable. Tried MotoScan, but it does not suitable for ECU reset. Trying now to run the Rheingold, but no success with installation. Honestly thinking to tear apart the bike with an axe and buy myself an old which use electricity for ignition and lights only.
  6. mookiewilson

mookiewilson boob

Oddometer:

You have to have the ECU re-flashed by the factory. I don't know what that means in Hungary, but contact KTM/Husqvarna International and they will tell you what to do. Magneti Marelli will reprogram it through the factory dealer network. I don't think you be able to solve your problem yourself.
    OConnor and Ahun01 like this.
  7. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:

I am even not sure if the ECU is re-flashed or not. As far as I know my bike was brought from Italy (used) last year and it was manufactured in late 2012. It was running well. The problems started few days after I installed the booster plug. Probably this had an impact on the system. Anyway, I will try to contact local dealer next week .
  8. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome Supporter

Oddometer:
    We ran booster plugs to compensate for the faulty ECU program. Once the ECU was fixed, most of us removed the booster plug.
    Fitz Fortune likes this.
  9. OConnor

OConnor Bad juju

Oddometer:
    Agreed. I removed my PCV because it runs better now, stock.
  10. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you all for the kind help. I sent an e-mail to local Husky dealer. I hope they respond soon. In the meantime I deleted all the error codes. Removed the battery for an hour than started the bike. It stalled several times, and after lot of attempts it was started. I let it run for 10 minutes and an error code appeared in the system regarding crankshaft sensor. Anyway, will wait for dealer response.
  11. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just to clarify, have you removed the booster plug?
  12. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes.
  13. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Today I decided to check the crankshaft sensor. When I opened the generator cover, about 200-300 mL oil flown out from the generator case. Is it OK? According my previous experience with older bikes there should be no oil in generator.
  14. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Of course the crankshaft sensor and all internals in the case were covered with oil
  15. Camarodude

Camarodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sold my 650. Have some stock parts and a few aftermarkets items would like to see get rid of. PM me what your looking for.
  16. MotorcycleWriter

MotorcycleWriter Vis ad locum

Oddometer:
    I have a nice set of Safari tanks in Red that I need to get rid of. Make me an offer and pay shipping and they’re yours.
    dedave likes this.
  17. Ahun01

Ahun01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Everybody,
    I got a confirmation from Husqvarna that my ECU was not re-flashed, so I will need to send them the device. I will post the update after I receive it back. I hope my current issue will be resolved by the re-flash. :)
    OConnor, Stuntdude and Fitz Fortune like this.
  18. Johnn

Johnn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I damaged the lens of my tail light and the item is not available and manufacture has ceased.

Has anyone been able to source a substitute?
  19. Stuntdude

Stuntdude The Big "C"

Oddometer:
    Have you checked out the swm superdual, it looks pretty similar. On the Star Twin website the part has a zero price, so I guess you maybe right.
  20. Johnn

Johnn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice pickup Stuntdude.

Wow. Nice bike. I'll have to check out that tail light in person.:-)