Husky TR650 - New Owners Stupid Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by HighFive, Dec 23, 2012.

1. duibhceK

duibhceK duibhce Kaelann

Oddometer:
    engine failure light will be on and "EWS" will be shown on the dash.

a few other things to check: left/right play in the rear sprocket indicates damaged bearings, coolant leak from the waterpump (not as common on the TR650 as on its xchallenge nephew), blocked breather valve in fuel cap holder
    glitch_oz and Rotax655 like this.
  2. Rotax655

Rotax655 Aprilia World Meeting

Oddometer:
  3. CarstenB

CarstenB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rotax655 likes this.
  4. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:

EWS = Elektronische Wegfahr Sperre......the BMW "AntiTheft" system.
    Also known as "the curse from hell"...or..."Instant Death"

Can have MANY causes, all and any either very expensive/ impossible or at least extremely time-consuming to fix (or even diagnose).
    Rotax655 likes this.
  5. Rotax655

Oddometer:
    has anyone tried this chinese g911 on its land / street? https://m.it.aliexpress.com/item/40...shopping&_randl_currency=EUR&src=google&crea= it4001227019210 & _randl_shipto = EN & aff_fcid = 299c349bf2ed4e3b8466651787b813db-1625396023263-05960-UneMJZVf & gclid = CjwKCAjwuIWHBhBDEiwACXQYsa9S4mOHhQWEjXJb_E-nP4K6khoFJp_p7fDh9EITyTLgTnWEKjZPwxoCwhkQAvD_BwE & albag = 64902423734 & aff_fsk = UneMJZVf & albch = shopping & albagn = 888888 & isSmbAutoCall = false & aff_trace_key = 299c349bf2ed4e3b8466651787b813db-1625396023263-05960-UneMJZVf & device = m & gclsrc = aw.ds
    marret likes this.
  6. CarstenB

CarstenB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you need the red GS911 Wifi for the TR650. General consensus is that the clones are not worth the money as cheap as they may be.
    Rotax655 and glitch_oz like this.
  7. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:

But...but...he's an old Pegasisti and used to pain and suffering :lol3

(this from the former Pegaso Cube AUS-HQ :-))
  8. Rotax655

Oddometer:
    OT. I'm used to solving (and I like) mechanical problems on my own. My 1995 Pegaso model GA with around 175000 km remains an exceptional bike and will always be in my garage. here it is before the periodic checks (every 2 years) a few months ago IMG_20210401_172019.jpg
  9. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:
    NICE!!
    First of the liquid-cooled?

A winter's day around Melbourne, 20 years ago.
    To think all those brought along the TR's....

IMG_0366.JPG
    Rotax655 likes this.
  10. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:
    RATEL Case Saver

[​IMG]

A spare set of Strada (BMW F650/G650) alloy wheels 19/17, taken off a 1500km old Strada years ago and stored ever since.

[​IMG]

Spare rear sprocket carrier with new KOYO double-sealed bearings
    Ready to use with all hardware, bolts, clips, seals etc

[​IMG]

Set new sprockets (standard teeth)

Front_sprockets.JPG

Rear_sprockets.JPG

Also fit the Terra of course.

Just shoot me a pm for details or to check for other parts and extras.
  11. LazyR

LazyR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my seat back today. I had it padded and reupholstered (in the back my dads sofa which is, admittedly, very comfortable).

First look and feel is very nice. The front of the seat looks a little weird because it got extra padding, but the seat originally didn't connect that nice either. Can't wait to try it out, but the amount of rain here is bonkers at the moment. A few kilometers to the south a guy was riding his jetski on the freeway:imaposer (VIDEO: https://www.dumpert.nl/item/100004469_63daaaaf)
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20210714092637698_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20210714092707499_COVER.jpg
  12. LazyR

LazyR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Update: today I washed the bike because it was greasy and nasty and I am bringing it in tomorrow for new tyres and a 12v. Even when not spraying water over the seat it still got under the seat pretty bad... So the day after I am probably going back with my seat.

The mad rain has stopped at last, so I will be able to properly test ride it later in the week. First impressions are really good though
  13. njoytheride

njoytheride NJOYN' THE JOURNEY Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody try the Quantum Fuel Systems direct replacment EFI fuel pump for our huskies?
    Part # HFP-385-UR2F3. Would like to have a spare set up for longer rides.
    Regards
    glitch_oz likes this.
  14. teamkitty

teamkitty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally got my custom single pipe on the bike with a universal Supertrapp and wanted to share. Sounds as good as it looks!
    tr650side1.jpeg tr650side2.jpeg tr650rear.jpeg
    And since I'm sharing pics, here's one of the engine side with some recent tidying up.
    tr650engine.jpeg
    LazyR, Stuntdude and njoytheride like this.
  15. LazyR

LazyR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am looking at replacing my headlight with the Cyclops H4 10.0, which is supposed to be 38 Watts.

Does anybody know how many watts the OEM headlight has?

Those Cyclopses are pricey! Are they worth it? I do not find myself riding at night all too often anymore, but when I do I am less than impressed by the headlight (one of the very few instances I miss my V-Strom lol)
  16. Stuntdude

Stuntdude The Big "C"

Oddometer:
    husky gen.JPG

H4 10 will be brighter however because of the reflector high and low beams maybe scattered. Blinding on coming traffic.
    And in some cases will cause a ews error.
    I would stick to tungsten, +130 or +150. (shorter life) And add auxiliary lights away from the antenna
  17. LazyR

LazyR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have no nice places to stick auxiliary lights so I was hoping to avoid that. Also, I get blinded by the auxiliary lights on some R1200GS around here on a somewhat regular basis.

I have extra bright halogen lights in my car and while they improve things a little, I am still not happy with them. I'd like to go LED on the bike for the lower wattage too. Haven't read about these lights causing EWS error in the Cyclops thread on Cafe Husky, can they really cause that? And could it be solved by simply putting the original bulb back?
  18. Stuntdude

Stuntdude The Big "C"

Oddometer:
    I guess you wont know if you dont try it. If your out and about and get in strife, disconnect the head light.
  19. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oxford X4 (4 liter) tankbag, mated to an SWMotech Quicklock detachable tankring combo, which in return is mounted to a Husky TR tank-panel via a custom hd-foam spacer.

The bag sits slightly proud of the panel to prevent the usual scratching and scuffing, detaches and re-attaches in a couple of seconds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    LazyR likes this.
  20. LazyR

LazyR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Beast.jpg foto kentekenblur.jpg

The beast is finally coming together! Slowly I am turning this into my ultimate adventure bike.

Mods done by previous owner:
    • Fugly topcase (I removed it)
    • SW Motech bashplate
    • Oxford Heated Grips
    • SW Motech Kobra Handguards (handguards with blinkers in them, and a strong metal support behind the guards)
    • OEM windshield (removed it for the time being, but will probably go back on when the weather worsens)

Mods done by me:
    • Unifilter (AUS) foam air filter
    • SW Motech crash bars
    • Double Take Adventure mirrors
    • Custom, more comfortable and fancy seat (made by Jowi Paulissen in the south of the Netherlands)
    • Enduristan 4S Tankbag
    • SW Motech Quick Lock EVO racks
    • SW Motech TRAX ADV side cases (black, 37l)
    • RAM X-grip with a Cubot King Kong 5 Pro for navigation purposes (app: Kurviger Pro)
    • Pirelli Rally STR Tires
    • 2 cm risers (made out of scrap, for now)
    • Foldable shift lever
    • 12V

Future mods:
    • Pod Mod (scary, I've been putting this one off for a while)
    • Custom Phone/Nav mount (strongly considering this, but that will look just silly without the screen and I really enjoy the airflow in the summer)
    • Possibly a head light mod, looking at Cyclops, but I will do some more research as I am afraid of EWS errors and such
    • Possibly an extra set of wheels in 19/17 or 21/17 for some real knobs on the side. Was looking at having a set 21/17 made in februari but my hours were cut back due to Covid...

Big thanks to @glitch_oz who happened to have the Luggage Carriers for sale the same week I found out SW Motech didn't make them anymore)
    Stuntdude and glitch_oz like this.